Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Panda Bear - Person Pitch (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11853)

Alex's Trip 04.01.2007 09:24 PM

Panda Bear - Person Pitch

Finally got it.

I'm loving it right now. I'd be dancing right now if my legs weren't dead.

What do you think?

val-holla-ing 04.01.2007 10:00 PM

what i've heard is pretty good stuff, but i have yet to hear the entire album.

deathbombarc 04.01.2007 10:25 PM

yeah, it rules. totaly revitalized my interest in the AC camp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Finally got it.

I'm loving it right now. I'd be dancing right now if my legs weren't dead.

What do you think?

Alex's Trip 04.01.2007 10:34 PM

I'm very excited for the new Animal Collective CD now, as well.

All I've heard is that it is coming out this year. Any other news on that?

Everyneurotic 04.01.2007 10:39 PM

yeah, it's fucking awesome, really really liked it.

hey alex 04.01.2007 10:40 PM

I haven't heard about a new album, they have new songs i bet though--- they'll probably road test first. I did read a few months ago they planned to release a live set ranging all over their career. They said it would be a side devoted to each era, or like album or acoustic, etc. I hope they stay on track with that.

ANd on person pitch-- it's been the best cd i've bouyght in ages, and the best music I've heard at that. And what's best is everyone who i play it around likes it too- which is awesome when you feel like you have reputation for wierd and punk music that cats don't dig. It's great great great.

sun city girl 04.02.2007 07:19 AM

at the moment person pitch is my fave album of 2007, absolutely wonderful! as for the next AC album, i have very high expectations, it should have all the familiar live hits such as peace bone, reverend green etc.

Alex's Trip 04.02.2007 09:12 AM

Peace Bone and Safer are the only live ones that I recognized when I heard them. I haven't heard Reverend Green.

PAULYBEE2656 04.02.2007 03:30 PM

i gotta say its ok at the mo. it hasnt grabbed my attention like the other stuff either solo or with ac. ill give it more listens to of course. i do dig the formula one samples on the opener tho. actually the engine note tells me it maybe more of an irl engine than a f1 v8...if anyone here really cares!

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 04.02.2007 05:29 PM

Not bad. Probably my favorite out of the Animal Collective-related material. I like that it's more of a sound collage than folky pop.

hey alex 04.02.2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i gotta say its ok at the mo. it hasnt grabbed my attention like the other stuff either solo or with ac. ill give it more listens to of course. i do dig the formula one samples on the opener tho. actually the engine note tells me it maybe more of an irl engine than a f1 v8...if anyone here really cares!

i thought it was the sound of a roller coasting chain dragging the carts up the first hill and off into a wonderous loopy rides of steel lines.

drrrtyboots 04.02.2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hey alex
i thought it was the sound of a roller coasting chain dragging the carts up the first hill and off into a wonderous loopy rides of steel lines.

That's just the thought that was going through Panda Bear's head when he recorded the album.

hey alex 04.02.2007 07:12 PM

it fits very well, that's why i thought it. ^___^

atsonicpark 04.03.2007 10:13 AM

it's a good album.

album of the year so far is boredoms - super roots 9...

drrrtyboots 04.03.2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
it's a good album.

That's a reissue though, right? So I don't think it fits criteria for album of the year.

sun city girl 04.03.2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
it's a good album.

might be if i'll get to hear it this year... any idea when it will be available outside japan?

drrrtyboots 04.03.2007 02:16 PM

Nevermind, its a live recording from 2005. I bet it is great but absolutely nothing beats seeing them live now.

Nothing.

Alex's Trip 04.06.2007 11:26 AM

I didn't want to start a new AC thread, or revive a really old one:

http://www.crayola.com/canwehelp/pro....cfm?vid_num=4

Iain 04.06.2007 11:39 AM

New Panda Bear in bad review shocker courtesy of the Independent:

Panda Bear, Person Pitch

Published: 06 April 2007

Person Pitch is the third album from Panda Bear, aka Noah Lennox, drummer and guitarist with psychedelic-folk quartet Animal Collective. It's a more buoyant affair than 2004's Young Prayer, whose sombre tone perhaps reflected Lennox's response to his father's death; this time round, the circumstances - marriage, fatherhood, relocation to Lisbon - are more positive, and so is the music, built from layered loops and found sounds, and capped by plangent, Beach Boy-ish vocals. The effect recalls the dense, swirling sample-scapes created by The Avalanches, and has a similar mix of attractions and drawbacks. The 12-minute "Bros" is typical, Lennox's harmonies riding a Wilsonian loop-groove, with sundry traffic noises and animal wailings shifting shape around the core of rhythm guitar. Bubbling cauldrons and departing trains adorn tracks like "Take Pills" and "Comfy in Nautica". But when the metamorphoses are taken at too leisurely a pace the repetitions become tedious, while the glorious, uplifting vocals are often rendered indistinct in the muddy mix. "Do you know what I mean?" asks Lennox at one point. Well, sadly, no.

Alex's Trip 04.06.2007 11:43 AM

:eek:

:fuckyou: