Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alison Elizabeth Margareth Goldfrapp VS Roisin Murphy(also of Moloko fame) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32819)

sarramkrop 07.10.2009 08:03 AM

Alison Elizabeth Margareth Goldfrapp VS Roisin Murphy(also of Moloko fame)

Blood on the coffee-table.

sarramkrop 07.10.2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
hi, baby.
we vote which we like, right???????

i dunno the goldfish one and i like roisin murphy ('style) so there you go.
i like the clothes she wears, the way she dances.
i ve seen her live once -for FREE- and it was fine. i didnt expect anything.

Hi lovely. I have never seen Roisin Murphy solo, even though I wouldn't mind at all, but I've attended a Moloko gig, and they were one of the best pop bands of the 90's/00's.

sarramkrop 07.10.2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
if i may rant about smth here.

i have a 2.5 road trip later. my best friend and coca, his dog will be with me. coca is no problem, but due to my best friend, i wont be listening to any of my music! driving that long w/o my music..ugh.
i hope he wont bring murphy's cd. or any of his cds. i should had prepared or chosen some cds that he or me could bear listening to. anywayz. i ll have smth and i wll tell him to bring smth he wants..that wont make me bleed from the ears.

Grab some territorial music that willl go down a storm when camping, like New Blockaders or Acid Eater.:)

Kidding, I hope you enjoy yourselves.

therealglenstyler 07.10.2009 08:34 AM

I went w murphy as both her solo albums are great (ok ruby blue is great and overpowered is pretty great apart for three of the tracks which are absolute howlers, I mean it, really terrible, but hey that was always true of moloko albums so whats new?)

Everyneurotic 07.10.2009 01:37 PM

moloko is alright, don't mind them really.

goldfrappuccino, on the other hand, irks me the wrong way a lot, for various reasons.

Torn Curtain 07.10.2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
goldfrappuccino, on the other hand, irks me the wrong way a lot, for various reasons.

I can't stand Alison Goldfrapp as person but I quite like Felt mountain.

Torn Curtain 07.10.2009 03:01 PM

Regarding Moloko I only heard the song Sing it back and I thought it was really awful, so I didn't think they could be any good :o Is the rest of their music in a different vein ?

Everyneurotic 07.12.2009 12:38 PM

most of what i heard from moloko is late 90's starbucks trip hop.

demonrail666 07.12.2009 04:31 PM

I voted for Moloko in the same spirit that i'd vote for death by drowning over death by fire.

Green Magnesium 07.12.2009 06:24 PM

I would vote for Goldfrapp, but I have no clue who Roisin is... so there'd be no point.