Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

against_the_grain 10.02.2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
We're visiting mom-in-law in Denver. Man, I wish we lived here. Twist & Shout is such an awesome record store--they have two huge stores, across the street from one another, one devoted to CD, the other entirely to vinyl. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Whoa...hoa..hoa !!

Coolness mon....I live not too far from Denver and that's where I go to !! When I saw Sonic Youth there in June, Twist and Shout was just about 4 miles away from the Gothic Theatre !!!

Hey gmku, if you feel like coming up back behind the mountains let me know....we could hook up !! Seriously, it's beautiful back out here !

One of the best record/cd stores I've been too, especially recently....

Oh btw.....my most recent purchase was Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star. I don't understand the dissing of this album, I think it's fantastic. Now I have everything from Evol to Rather Ripped 'cept NYG&F. I find it amazing how much of SY's output is disliked by members here....like when one asks...'Which album of the 00's do you like best?', and folks say NONE ! Like all they like is the earliest, most dissonant, unstructed material they do. And I DO see alot of negativity for many albums of SY's here. Sad.

gmku 10.03.2006 12:22 AM

Hey, yeah, thought about letting you know, but we have a full agenda, between visiting ma and my daughter and her beau. Daughter lives up in Breckenridge, actually. Spent most of the weekend up there. It's beautiful, and the people are a lot friendlier than in Denver. I think it's because everybody in Breck is there only because they want to be--either on vacation or locals who love living there. It's great country. I understand why my daughter likes it there so much.

Yeah, Twist & Shout... Wow. It's even better than the last time I visited four years ago. Seems they have more vinyl than ever. Truly a vinyl junkie's dream.... That PiL Metal Box is beautiful. I advise everyone, cost be damned, you should pick this up--it's the cleverest packaging in the history of rock n roll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by against_the_grain
Whoa...hoa..hoa !!

Coolness mon....I live not too far from Denver and that's where I go to !! When I saw Sonic Youth there in June, Twist and Shout was just about 4 miles away from the Gothic Theatre !!!

Hey gmku, if you feel like coming up back behind the mountains let me know....we could hook up !! Seriously, it's beautiful back out here !

One of the best record/cd stores I've been too, especially recently....

Oh btw.....my most recent purchase was Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star. I don't understand the dissing of this album, I think it's fantastic. Now I have everything from Evol to Rather Ripped 'cept NYG&F. I find it amazing how much of SY's output is disliked by members here....like when one asks...'Which album of the 00's do you like best?', and folks say NONE ! Like all they like is the earliest, most dissonant, unstructed material they do. And I DO see alot of negativity for many albums of SY's here. Sad.

king_buzzo 10.03.2006 02:14 AM

Thomas Moronic 10.03.2006 04:28 AM

The Complete Limp Wrist Discography.

marleypumpkin 10.03.2006 04:32 AM

Minutemen: "Double Nickels On The Dime" (LP)
Thurston Moore: "Phsycic Hearts" (LP)
Sonic Youth: "Sonic Youth EP" (LP Re-release)
Carole King: "Rhymes & Reasons" (LP)
John Lennon & Yoko Ono: "Double Fantasy" (LP)

Norma J 10.03.2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo

Was alittle bit of a let down for me this album. I heard great things about it on this forum and other sites, but found it really bland. It's not shit, but it's not great.

Everyneurotic 10.03.2006 07:52 PM

I got acid mothers temple & the melting paraiso ufo - hello good child 7"

finding nobody 10.03.2006 07:54 PM

Norma J 10.04.2006 09:14 PM

^^^Was going to buy that today, but it was $29. So I'll wait til it's cheaper. Bought Eagles of Death Metal 'Death by Sexy'. It's cool. I really respect Josh Homme.

jimbrim 10.05.2006 05:27 AM

HairwayToSteven 10.05.2006 10:12 AM

This:

And

gmku 10.05.2006 10:18 AM

On order from SubPop, this LP:

swenson clane 10.05.2006 12:45 PM

Everyneurotic 10.05.2006 03:01 PM

the dwarves have better coverart than music.

gmku 10.05.2006 03:02 PM

^ Oh, so NOT true!!!

Everyneurotic 10.05.2006 03:06 PM

i liked them once but 9it was very short affair, after a while it all sounded the same.

ohh and i bought boris - vein two days ago and i got an email today saying it's shipped.

HaydenAsche 10.05.2006 11:10 PM

Decemberists - Crane Wife

Incesticide 10.07.2006 10:11 AM

Black Sabbath - Vol 4
Lou Reed - Coney Island Baby

touch me i'm sick 10.07.2006 10:50 AM

a black lips cd

Pookie 10.07.2006 10:54 AM

Great for dancing.