Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Natural Snow Buildings (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28155)

sarramkrop 11.15.2008 06:05 PM

Natural Snow Buildings

Anyone likes them? I'm listening to 'The Sundowner', a cdr of theirs which is pretty great.

blunderbuss 11.15.2008 06:16 PM

I've heard a couple of things, and can't work out what the fuss is all about.

Toilet & Bowels 11.15.2008 08:18 PM

yeah, i heard that 2CD-R they put out and didn't really get it either, but a few days ago i heard a radio session they did and there were moments of brilliance.

here:
http://www.foxydigitalis.com/foxyd/podcasts.php

SuperCreep 11.15.2008 09:31 PM

I heard Dance of the Moon and Sun recently. I rarely ever find a two something hour album that doesn't bore me. Good stuff.

sarramkrop 11.16.2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
yeah, i heard that 2CD-R they put out and didn't really get it either, but a few days ago i heard a radio session they did and there were moments of brilliance.

here:
http://www.foxydigitalis.com/foxyd/podcasts.php

Thanks.

That's what I don't get about them, and for a moment I thought that I was listening to two different bands with the same name. On the cd I have they do this psych thing that is great, but on some other stuff that I've found around on the internet they sound almost like a more lively Godspeed you Black Emperor.

joe11121 05.16.2009 01:25 PM

I love them. They're very interesting. A really great band.

fugazifan 05.16.2009 05:02 PM

i only know daughter of darkness which is incredible. a short song off it is going to be on tinnitus next week.

atsonicpark 05.16.2009 07:27 PM

Nearly everything they've done is perfect.

Glice 05.17.2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Nearly everything they've done is perfect.

Do you only do your pricky thing of linking a previous thread when it's someone who's new to the forum?

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ow+buil dings

I listened to them recently. They're quite good at what they do. Fair play to all concerned.

sarramkrop 05.17.2009 05:37 AM

This thread was started before that one. Take that, atsonicpark! I'm more knowledgeable than you are!!!

Glice 05.17.2009 05:57 AM

That's so much win. sarramkrop, can we be internet buddies? I look up to your knowledge of obscure (and mostly shit) music.

sarramkrop 05.17.2009 06:01 AM

Sure, buddy! We have so much in common, don't we? I like shit music, and it helps that you're deaf. I don't mind deaf people, they are just like everyone else to me.

atsonicpark 05.17.2009 06:52 AM

It's not pricky. There's no reason to have a thousand threads about the same topic. Other boards are way more anal about stuff like that. I just think.. there's a "search" button for a reason.

...Either way, I was aware of this thread, which came way before mine, but I started my own thread specifically about that album anyway.

Glice 05.17.2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Sure, buddy! We have so much in common, don't we? I like shit music, and it helps that you're deaf. I don't mind deaf people, they are just like everyone else to me.

Hot dog, buddy! I like deaf people too, lol! They're well postmodern innit lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
It's not pricky. There's no reason to have a thousand threads about the same topic. Other boards are way more anal about stuff like that. I just think.. there's a "search" button for a reason.

...Either way, I was aware of this thread, which came way before mine, but I started my own thread specifically about that album anyway.

Oh, I know all that. I just think that there's a lot of people who jump on the new people and act cliquey towards them, which is prickery in my eyes. I mean, there's really no need for more MBV threads, but it doesn't really bother me as I don't really care to comment in one, let alone all 20, you see?

floatingslowly 05.17.2009 06:00 PM

^^^ hot dog, buddy? who says that?

I think you should stick to typing properly. lol?

ps: I posted about deaf people back in '99. I'd link you, but there is no archive.

Glice 05.18.2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
^^^ hot dog, buddy? who says that?

I was pastiching. You people. Y'know, Americans. You talk a whole world of shite. I mean, take you for example - you're forever trying to convince people that you're a robot. I think precisely the sort of lack of inspiration that leads to a person saying 'hot dog buddy' resides in precisely the sort of person on the (yawn) internet trying to pretend they're a (yawn) robot (yawn).

blunderbuss 05.18.2009 12:49 PM

I think I might have a little crush on you, Glice.

floatingslowly 05.18.2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I was pastiching. You people. Y'know, Americans. You talk a whole world of shite.

yeah, I figured that was what you were aiming for, but...I think "hot dog" might have gone out of style (even amongst the shite-talkers) about 30 years ago.

Quote:

I mean, take you for example - you're forever trying to convince people that you're a robot. I think precisely the sort of lack of inspiration that leads to a person saying 'hot dog buddy' resides in precisely the sort of person on the (yawn) internet trying to pretend they're a (yawn) robot (yawn).

the moniker was given to me, not volunteered. besides, I have no desire to convince anybody of anything over the internet. unless, of course, it's convincing you, moondoggy, that "hot dog, buddy" might be best suited for re-runs of The Monkees, Gidget and maybe The Dukes of Hazard.

My Grand Point: you do much better at "proper typing" than you do "pastiching".

:)

Glice 05.18.2009 02:05 PM

I might make a t-shirt that says "Americans: wit of dogs".

sarramkrop 05.18.2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

I might make a t-shirt that says "Americans: wit of dogs".

Make your own DIY t-shirt that says 'Americans: Natural Snore Buildings', while you're at it.