Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Deerhoof! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1220)

Pax Americana 04.24.2006 02:31 AM

Deerhoof!

Anyone love Deerhoof as much as I love Deerhoof!? Seriously, I saw them last year and they just might be the best live band I've ever seen. They had just boundless energy and they all looked like they were having the time of their lives playing. We were right up front and Satomi stepped down off the stage and danced with us. It was awesome.

Discuss...

noumenal 04.24.2006 02:35 AM

The only album I have is The Runners Four, but I dig it.

Pax Americana 04.24.2006 02:41 AM

The Runners Four is pretty great. I think Apple O' is my favorite overall though, at least right now it is.

ozZuB-ginK 04.24.2006 03:13 AM

yes i love deerhoof! i saw them last year too in austin at emo's. It was a great show, and i seriously think i'm in love with satomi, her dancing gets me every time!

Gulasch Noir 04.24.2006 04:06 AM

i was quite disappointed by the runners four. I really regret that, cause after apple o and milkman i expected something amazing. But they rule nevertheless.

Anngella 04.24.2006 06:16 AM

I think I heard some of their stuff on the KRS website, 'twas pretty sweet from what I remember~

Everyneurotic 04.24.2006 09:41 AM

used to like them but now i think they are just made of hype, they have been boring me to death lately

nature scene 04.24.2006 10:15 AM

deerhoof and animal collective are the best two bands out there right now.

!@#$%! 04.24.2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pax Americana
Anyone love Deerhoof as much as I love Deerhoof!? Seriously, I saw them last year and they just might be the best live band I've ever seen. They had just boundless energy and they all looked like they were having the time of their lives playing. We were right up front and Satomi stepped down off the stage and danced with us. It was awesome.

Discuss...

i don't love deerhoof as much as you do. i love them MORE :D

seriously they fucking rule--- i got introduced to them via... whatever came after napster-- winmx i think.

anyway first i got a used cd copy of "reveille", which is one of their best in my opinion. now i've got milkman, holdypaws, halfbird, dirt pirate creed, green cosmos-- i'm trying to get all their stuff.

i saw them last year in baltimore. they are so fucking nice and approachable! i mean satomi is very shy. but greg likes to chat. they all signed my copy of milkman which i bought there in a silkscreene vinyl sleeve. so i begged them to play in dc. and then months later they did! but i was gone! fuck!! anyway i'm planning to seek them out this year if they play anywhere other that coachella.

i live in the middle of the hairs around the anus of the world, so nobody comes even near. but yes! i'm going to chase them around the country if i have to.

runners four is great but i prefer satomi on vocals. the guys are ok but she's out of this fucking world!

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 04.24.2006 12:51 PM

Reveille is one of the best albums of the 00s. The perfect mix of avant-rock and twee pop.

Trasher02 04.24.2006 02:02 PM

Deerhoof rocks!!!
COME SEE THE DUCK!!!

vacuum noise 04.24.2006 02:25 PM

i luuuuuuuuv em!

and runners four is an amazing album, it just lacks alot of that over the topness of the other albums, i was initialy dissapointed but now its prolly my favorite album becuase theres so much to it...it lacks the immediacy of the other albums...and thats why its so rewarding. Kinda reminds me of the weird weeds album Hold On in a way.

milkman to me is the classic w/ apple O right next to it...and green cosmos EP is the really weird one, which I also love...

Signpost 04.24.2006 02:54 PM

I've listened only to Milkman so far and i must say that they're really great. I like that kind of stuff.

krastian 04.24.2006 03:01 PM

A friend of mine played them for me....their pretty good. Can't say I love them.

val-holla-ing 04.24.2006 04:26 PM

they explode in my ear! i love them!

RIPfrey05 04.24.2006 04:44 PM

I <3 derhooooooffff more than anyone..I had sex with ddeeerrr hoooof..
Me and a bunch of my friends at a msuic festivle did a song based on "rabbit dog needs food right away" and its called this i swhat you think we do.. se also loke "THE PICKUP BEAR"

yeah ive got the runners 4 and apple o on VINYL!!

Alex's Trip 04.24.2006 05:25 PM

I love them! And to the guy that said they were all hyped...I've never heard them talked about ever in any kind of media other than one thing on pitchfork.

Yeah they are really great. So much fun to listen to.

I GET TO SEE THEM THIS WEEKEND!

!@#$%! 04.25.2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I GET TO SEE THEM THIS WEEKEND!

oh, lucky bastardo you, please try to get a bootleg

Trasher02 04.25.2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIPfrey05
I <3 derhooooooffff more than anyone..I had sex with ddeeerrr hoooof..

ok you win

o o o 04.25.2006 04:59 PM

my favourite of their records is reveille...
i was also disappointed by runners four on first listen... but that's the thing, i only listened to it once and i really should try to listen to it again...