Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What gigs are you going to in the coming months? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6735)

The Soup Nazi 09.16.2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
It's a house concert. I've never been to one of those before (unless it was a local band, which doesn't count).

That is indeed a thing these Spotifucked days. The other day I got an email from Flock Of Dimes (Jenn Wasner) requesting spaces/hosts for shows to an audience of 40-50 people. Just to name two more artists I follow, Tommy Stinson and Diane Cluck have been doing the same. I imagine there are countless others, and attending such concerts must be great - no whooers! But I also wish these cats didn't have to resort to guerilla-shows warfare to make a flock of dimes. ;)

(Of course, Bill Maher would say "you're not owed a living as a musician. This is show business. This is the make-or-miss league." FUCK YOU BILL MAHER.)

Bertrand 09.27.2023 01:29 PM

Public Image Limited in Strasbourg
The Warlocks (Equipe de Foot opening) in Cognac
Dream Wife (home)
Quite a few train trips to do for this

Toilet & Bowels 10.03.2023 09:17 AM

I'm going to see The Obsessed tonight, The Make-Up on Thursday and Marcia Bassett on Sunday

_tunic_ 10.10.2023 01:44 PM

Friday:

Bettie Serveert
30 Years Celebration of

Palomine !

The Soup Nazi 10.10.2023 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Friday:

Bettie Serveert
30 Years Celebration of

Palomine !

Mighty excellent!
:)

Toilet & Bowels 10.12.2023 03:59 PM

The Obsessed were superb, The Make Up was fun, and Marcia Bassett was a little disappointing. I'm not a massive fan of her buchla stuff (or solo analogue synth stuff generally) and that was what she was doing that night. Ignatz opened and I'd never an him before and i enjoyed his set a lot.

_tunic_ 10.13.2023 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Mighty excellent!
:)

well, I fell of my bike yesterday morning, while braking on a slippery pavement. My ribs and knee are hurt so I won't be going tonight any longer. Good news is,ticket was sold within seconds

The Soup Nazi 10.13.2023 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
well, I fell of my bike yesterday morning, while braking on a slippery pavement. My ribs and knee are hurt so I won't be going tonight any longer. Good news is,ticket was sold within seconds

Toilet & Bowels 10.15.2023 05:02 PM

I saw Bridget St John tonight, it was amazing when she sang her older stuff but the newer stuff I'm not so hot on.

The Soup Nazi 10.15.2023 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I saw Bridget St John tonight

Excellent. :)

Artists like her never make it to this s-hole full of bad hombres...

Savage Clone 10.16.2023 03:24 PM

I’ve seen her a couple times, agree with T&B.

Seeing Goblin doing a live score to “Demons” tonight, followed by a rock set. It’ll be my 6th time seeing them, 4th movie soundtrack. Should be a good time.

_tunic_ 10.26.2023 09:36 AM

King Buffalo tonight, don't really know them but I got invited
FACS tomorrow
I hope I'll survive, my ass and ribs and knee still hurt

The Jesus & Mary Chain are one of the first announcements for next year's Roadburn festival, so I will very likely go
Also Khanate will play their first show in 19 years (!), features one of the SUN 0))) guys

Severian 10.27.2023 05:49 AM

I saw Brian Jonestown Massacre and that Anton guy really is such a big douchebag. Wow. Anyway they were good.

The Soup Nazi 10.27.2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I saw Brian Jonestown Massacre and that Anton guy really is such a big douchebag. Wow.

DIG! :D

choc e-Claire 10.27.2023 04:33 PM

Quote:

I saw Brian Jonestown Massacre and that Anton guy really is such a big douchebag. Wow. Anyway they were good.

lol my friend Dannica has been chatting about this latest one on social media - it's been known for a while that his empathy is somewhat lacking. Agreed, though, they're here in a few weeks and if I had a job I'd be looking forward to it.

Related, I'm running up and down High St today for a free music festival at multiple venues.

Severian 10.27.2023 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
lol my friend Dannica has been chatting about this latest one on social media - it's been known for a while that his empathy is somewhat lacking. Agreed, though, they're here in a few weeks and if I had a job I'd be looking forward to it.

Related, I'm running up and down High St today for a free music festival at multiple venues.

Frankly I wouldn’t see them again. That’s how big of a dickhead he was. But they’re my girlfriend’s favorite band, so yeah we did that.

High Street where?

choc e-Claire 10.28.2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Frankly I wouldn’t see them again. That’s how big of a dickhead he was. But they’re my girlfriend’s favorite band, so yeah we did that.

High Street where?

The things we do for love...

And High Street in Melbourne, Australia; there was a celebration of the 86 tram line and all of the music venues across it. Of the ones I saw:
*Our Carlson at Rowdy's Records
*Andrew Tuttle at the Northcote Uniting Church
*Pretty In Pink at 3 Ravens Brewery
*Doug Martsch (that one) at the Thornbury Theatre
*the Native Cats and Katie Dey at Wesley Anne

Toilet & Bowels 10.30.2023 06:18 PM

Wolf Eyes this Sunday. First thing seeing them since before covid (and about the 25th time overall). Should be good just wish it was another night of the week

_tunic_ 11.01.2023 08:10 AM

had to bail out of the FACS gig at the last moment unfortunately. Earlier in the evening my downstairs neighbors discovered that I had a water leakage. So instead of going to the FACS gig, I paid a plumber 420 Euros to have it fixed on a Saturday evening.

hippietears 11.01.2023 09:11 AM

Advice for how to find some underground gigs?