Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

MellySingsDoom 07.27.2008 05:19 PM

I like the Slimelight.....nice piccy, sir!

I still owe you the Primal Scream tab, I'm well aware...humble apologies for my crapness on this front.

This Is Not Here 07.27.2008 05:20 PM

And a preceeding drunken sesh at the Barrowboy and Banker left me inclined to be photographed kissing a Primal Scream bilboard.

MellySingsDoom 07.27.2008 05:21 PM

Ha ha ha! Fair play for posting that one.

This Is Not Here 07.27.2008 05:23 PM

Ah yes I remember that Melly, it would be beyond excellent if you could do that for me but theres no haste due.

So your a Slimelight regular then Melly?

MellySingsDoom 07.27.2008 05:28 PM

Not too often - the last time I went there was to see Whitehouse in April - I got fucked up with members of Ramleh and their mates - a very good night, as I recall.

This Is Not Here 07.27.2008 05:32 PM

Ah right, my next Slimes sesh is Aug 16th, you should come along!

MellySingsDoom 07.27.2008 05:34 PM

Word! PM me to remind me, please! (I'm serioulsy up for it, and it'd be lovely to meet you and yer mates).

This Is Not Here 07.27.2008 05:41 PM

That'd be excellent and I shan't let you forget then. Theres talk of doing my hair up Jesus and Mary Chain-style for the next one, that'll be a treat for you! Last night was a good'un, but one of the plentiful babes in our group got a bit of hassle from a persistant groper of a Cyber, and we had a run in with someone's Ex, and it was a first drug-less Slimelight, but still- a sublime night on the dancefloor - Slimes truely is the best worst place in the world!

MellySingsDoom 07.27.2008 05:51 PM

I take no drugs anymore, but it's no hassle - Tequila rules my world in the clubs ;) Any girl who gets hassle in a club gets my sympathy.

This Is Not Here 07.27.2008 05:58 PM

Well theres not much money amongst our group nowadays, so drugs are replaced largely by good old reliable cider, lots, and lots of cider... *shudders*. Yeah it wasn't cool my freind getting hassle, but in terms of other girls adopting the slimelight approach to dressing I can't help but think they bring it on themselves somewhat, but hey, nothing should stop them looking fantastic...

MellySingsDoom 07.27.2008 05:59 PM

Not at all - the girls should be left alone, however they dress up. It's their night, after all. Am looking forward to the night Slimenight!

leakyheadboy 07.27.2008 06:17 PM

MellySingsDoom 07.27.2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgun
hahaha. i live in oklahoma city. let me tell ya though.. you can totally afford to visit here. plus! okies have to make their own fun. and we're reallllllly good at it. you'd like my bar. handsome gay men in abundance.

Yay!!! Oklahomo, here I come!!! (Apols for missing this earlier on)

Cantankerous 07.27.2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here

And a preceeding drunken sesh at the Barrowboy and Banker left me inclined to be photographed kissing a Primal Scream bilboard.

i would graffiti all over that shit before they knew what hit them.

_slavo_ 07.28.2008 01:39 AM

This is not here, where's the poster located? Looks oddly familiar to me ... is that not in Southwark?

Rob Instigator 07.28.2008 08:42 AM

Fair Play To The Queen!

floatingslowly 07.28.2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here

So this was taken in Islington at 7.30 this morning, just as we'd left the all night club Slimelight. I'm right at the back there, next to the red haired bloke (I danced with him all night but I've still no idea who the hell he is!). Happy times with wonderful people.

holy crap I want both of those Sisters of Mercy shirts!

EMMAh 07.28.2008 11:23 AM

This Is Not Here, you look like a kid I went to elementary school with. Actually the other day we passed him in the car while he was walking down a long ass stretch of road with nothing on it. We didn't pick him up and I still feel bad about it.

Anyways, I doubt you'd look like him if I saw another picture.

This Is Not Here 07.28.2008 01:15 PM

okay, double check it against this one. thats me getting loved up against the curtains.

This Is Not Here 07.28.2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i would graffiti all over that shit before they knew what hit them.

But Cantankerous, I had you down as the only other person on this board who worships at the Gillespie altar.

Don't leave me on this one lady!!