Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

Everyneurotic 07.17.2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Gary is great - a really sound guy. I've met Bennett, and found him pretty creepy (I still love his band, but...). My friend Frank (Anthony di Franco - ex-Skullflower) is heavily involved in Ramleh too, now. Their power electronic sets in London this year were totally kick-ass.

anthony di franco is your friend? how awesome is that!

i'd so love to see ramleh play p.e.

----

cantanky: read my second to last post here.

Cantankerous 07.17.2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i was talking about broken flag earlier today, i guess we could include such gentlemanly label to the discussion.

lately it's been pages and pages of people talking to you, it shows an interest, darling.

but i do have to say, i think you have grown missy; in the old days, that post would have gotten a rise out of you instantly; good for you.

all is typed with love for you as always.

that was lovely, thanks

people are so silly though, there are so many people who are more interesting than i am!

the level of immaturity going on in the old days was thoroughly appalling.

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 07:43 PM

Cantanky - read his post before I clog up this post w/more crap.

Everyneuro - back to B Flag - have you heard the "Axis Sally" cassette? Some, um, challenging (read: bit shocking politically) stuff there, but the sounds are great (a great Consumer Electronics track, if memory serves)

Everyneurotic 07.17.2008 07:44 PM

you're a good conversation, that's something i can assure you.

Quote:

Everyneuro - back to B Flag - have you heard the "Axis Sally" cassette? Some, um, challenging (read: bit shocking politically) stuff there, but the sounds are great (a great Consumer Electronics track, if memory serves)

i saw it in blog recently, should download soon.

the, um, political aspect of p.e. is something that i bypass instantly, some of the sampled stuff by all those guys adds to the chilling atmosphere but it's nothing i take to heart. most of them are just trying to be shocking assholes anyway.

and have YOU listened to the ramleh/libertarian recordings split i told you about a week ago or so? if not, i can fish you the link.

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 07:45 PM

^^^+1 for what everyneurotic sez.

Cantankerous 07.17.2008 07:45 PM

but i need to talk less. if i made a new year's resolution it would be to shut up once in awhile.

Danny Himself 07.17.2008 08:20 PM

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 08:23 PM

Everyneurotic - I have. "Return to Slavery" is a peak recording for Ramleh/Broken Flag, and the Best/John Murphy side is great too.

Alex's Trip 07.18.2008 12:46 AM

Do my teeth look unnatural in the first one?

MellySingsDoom 07.18.2008 01:16 AM

^^^My God, your teeth, they're so....white. Nice pics, by the way.

Alex's Trip 07.18.2008 01:33 AM

That is what I thought! My teeth have never seemed that white to me before.

Maybe my friend who took the photos photoshopped them before sending them to me. Or maybe I do have teeth that are that nice...

MellySingsDoom 07.18.2008 01:36 AM

Go with option 2, Alex. I have Englishman's teeth, and we all know how bad they are....whereabouts is that beach, out of interest?

Alex's Trip 07.18.2008 01:41 AM

Doheny, I believe it was called. By a place called Dana Point, about halfway between LA and San Diego...closer to LA though.

MellySingsDoom 07.18.2008 02:16 AM

Looks a nice place - reminds me a bit of Australia.

_slavo_ 07.18.2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
but i do have to say, i think you have grown missy; in the old days, that post would have gotten a rise out of you instantly; good for you.

seconded.

Everyneurotic 07.18.2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Everyneurotic - I have. "Return to Slavery" is a peak recording for Ramleh/Broken Flag, and the Best/John Murphy side is great too.

indeed amazing stuff.

i located a link for axis sally and will proceed to download shortly.

EMMAh 07.18.2008 12:40 PM

Great shirt Alex!

Rob Instigator 07.18.2008 12:58 PM

Alex's Trip 07.18.2008 01:26 PM

WTF! I though you had a red bull refrigerator in your house.
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Great shirt Alex!

Thanks. Ten bucks at JC Penny! Screw the "high end" hipster places like Urban Outfitters.

girlgun 07.18.2008 01:32 PM

here's me and the bday present i got in the mail yesterday from my friend.