Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

schizophrenicroom 07.16.2008 11:40 PM

my brother was convinced for a while that a career as a fortune cookie writer was an awesome idea.

Sonic Youth 37 07.16.2008 11:41 PM

Cantankerous 07.16.2008 11:42 PM

courtney love was on the plane to the sun too! and on the wheaties box

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-wHb_0EtcyU

it's in spanish but here

acousticrock87 07.16.2008 11:42 PM

"That orange chicken isn't chicken. Sucka."

!@#$%! 07.16.2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
"That orange chicken isn't chicken. Sucka."

haa ha haaaa haaa

uhler 07.17.2008 12:27 AM

i was two, my brother was one and my mom was 24.

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Spectacular! I can't even imagine how it would feel to be there.

Emma - as I said to Cantanky, a knackering trip to get there, but sooo beautiful. I love nature/the environment.

Derek 07.17.2008 06:36 PM

fugawz

Everyneurotic 07.17.2008 06:41 PM

this is a cantankerous chatroom now with the occasional intrusive picture, right?

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 06:43 PM

Everyneurotic - If you want, we could of course discuss the entire Come Organisation roster here - you up for it? :)

Cantankerous 07.17.2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
this is a cantankerous chatroom now with the occasional intrusive picture, right?

by which you mean i never shut up presumably

a fair statement

i need to. i need someone to put me in check.

Everyneurotic 07.17.2008 06:48 PM

i was talking about broken flag earlier today, i guess we could include such gentlemanly label to the discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous

a fair statement

lately it's been pages and pages of people talking to you, it shows an interest, darling.

but i do have to say, i think you have grown missy; in the old days, that post would have gotten a rise out of you instantly; good for you.

all is typed with love for you as always.

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous

a fair statement

I wouldn't put you in check, matey. I would buy you mucho drinks and bore you to death with gig stories, though. That must sound like hell to you, eh? ;)

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i was talking about broken flag earlier today, i guess we could include such gentlemanly label to the discussion.

The "Hand Of Glory" EP is being re-issued here in the Yoo-Kay. Yes!

I've met Gary Mundy (Mr Ramleh) a few times - a really lovely bloke.

Cantankerous 07.17.2008 06:51 PM

no, that wouldn't bore me

then i wouldn't have to talk and consequently keep embarrassing myself, i could just go "mm hmm"

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 06:54 PM

^^^

Me: (in boring Londoner voice): Did I tell you the time I saw a solo Robert Hampson gig? Eeh, them were the days.
You: Mmm hmm...hang on a moment..it's your round....stump up or shut up, Grandpa Simpson!"
Me: Uh, oh OK *ambles off to bar to buy Tequila shots all round*

Everyneurotic 07.17.2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
The "Hand Of Glory" EP is being re-issued here in the Yoo-Kay. Yes!

I've met Gary Mundy (Mr Ramleh) a few times - a really lovely bloke.

a person involved in power electronics who is not an arsehole, as you say over there? miraculous!

i sometimes feel like you about the gigs conversation, like i'm boring people *grampa simpson voice* "i remember back in nineteen-tickiry-two, i got up that morning to make myself a piece of toast and put an onion on my belt, as it was the fashion in those days; that same evening i witnesses PARADISE lost opening for ozzy osbourne, who had three of the fantastic four as his backing band. long story short, paradise lost played..."

----

cantanky: read my post before this one.

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 07:06 PM

Gary is great - a really sound guy. I've met Bennett, and found him pretty creepy (I still love his band, but...). My friend Frank (Anthony di Franco - ex-Skullflower) is heavily involved in Ramleh too, now. Their power electronic sets in London this year were totally kick-ass.

Cantankerous 07.17.2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
^^^

Me: (in boring Londoner voice): Did I tell you the time I saw a solo Robert Hampson gig? Eeh, them were the days.
You: Mmm hmm...hang on a moment..it's your round....stump up or shut up, Grandpa Simpson!"
Me: Uh, oh OK *ambles off to bar to buy Tequila shots all round*

nah i would pay
i don't like people buying me things
i would probably listen intently, wide-eyed, because i wish i were around back in the day, i was an infant when loop put out "a gilded eternity"...february 1990? i had just been born.

MellySingsDoom 07.17.2008 07:37 PM

"Look at this original copy of Loop's "Collision" I've got.
"That's the THIRD time you've shown me that today, Smelly!"
"Oh alright then, how about the time I saw Sonic Boom do a solo set at etc etc etc"

:)

Seriously, the 80's were a great time for music here.....which remindeth me, if I can get my act together (some bloody chance), I'll sort out a copy of the World Domination Enterprises LP for you - they were a seriously great band here in England - a cross between B Party, dub and rockabilly. Me and demonrail run are huge WDE fans (the first "proper" gig I saw was them in 1990, as a wide-eyed 18-year old git).