Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

Johnny "Magic Fingers" 03.18.2014 01:30 PM

Facebook & Twitter were giving me the shits, so I came back here...

Um.. soo.. I hope everyone's doing well...

Rob Instigator 03.18.2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwardbenz
Hello everyone

I'm Josh, I'm 20 years old and I'm just getting into sonic youth so I thought this would be a cool place to come and talk music and stuff. So far I've heard everything up to and including daydream nation (in terms of full lengths) and my current favourite is EVOL. I'm trying to do a chronological thing with the albums at the moment, it feels so great to be falling in love with a band with such a big discography. I like lots of other music too and chemistry.

sup edbenzo. Your fave will likely change every few months. it seems to for many. You have just dipped your toes in the deepest sonic pool.... enjoy!

EVOLghost 03.18.2014 02:19 PM

EVOL is mah favorite....but definitely not their best.

an evening with viewtiful 03.23.2014 07:04 PM

Hey (newish) guys.
A lot of you probably remember me (I'm an on again/off again member from the old days) but some of you might not.

I'm Alan: I love hip hop, film, craft beer, the works of Harmony Korine, and cartoons.

I pretty much just gave it all away, but it'd be cool if you looked at my posts anyways. Looking forward to being here and getting to know the new people!

loop cat 04.24.2014 09:52 AM

nothingness 06.09.2014 10:59 PM

hi geeks

nolli from jakarta indonesia, 36 male, gtr n loops, dsgns
ym: static2015

Cindy'sBigScore 06.23.2014 04:01 AM

hey guys.
been listening to sy for a couple of years now, so one day i stumbled across this forum, and it took me a while to finally register... and voila!: here i am.
hope to get to know you all, seems like a nice community.

Rob Instigator 06.23.2014 08:20 AM

voila! Here you are! welcome!

guest 06.25.2014 01:26 AM

you're in for a world of pain sweetheart.

floatingslowly 06.30.2014 10:14 PM

Nice person, checking in.

Alex's Trip 07.20.2014 04:42 AM

Anyone remember me?

So many familiar usernames still around. Kinda nuts, but it's awesome that y'all are still around.

loubarret 07.21.2014 05:04 AM

Yoyoyyoyoyo

Ryan93 08.03.2014 01:51 AM

Hey guys

New fan and short time lurker here, 21, male from England.

Currently working my way through SYs amazing discography (Jet Set up next).

Happy to find an active forum and talk about SY :)

Mattgazer 08.23.2014 06:50 AM

Matt Catling
Age 26
Professional: DJ/Jounalist
Joined the forms about a year ago now
Hometown: Ipswich (ip-shit)

My Music taste is shoegaze/alternative/noise pop/rock stuff like My Bloody Valentine, RIDE, Slowdive, Swervedriver, Dinosaur Jr, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Spacemen 3, LoOp, Chapterhouse, Black Flag, Flipper, MC5, The Stooges, The 13th Floor Elevators, 14 Iced Bears, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Fugazi, Unwound, Shellac, Slint, Cable, AC Acoustics, Sunny Day Real Estate, Mineral, The Promise Ring, Braid, Sonic Youth itself and I can go On

I also do two radio shows in one week in my hometown called Freakscene (alternative rock/lo-fi/slacker) on IO Radio UK every monday 3pm-4pm UK time and The Reverb (shoegaze & Dream pop) every Wednesday 18.30-20.30 UK time, the show have been getting alot of exposure in the london alternative/indie scene with promotion and record labels such goodsoul promotion, sonic cathedral and northern star records and it's been great year for me

For non music subject i do love stuff like the Mighty Boosh, South Park, Twin Peaks And Mostly Films like Slacker, Clerks etc

please fell free to say hello an Please check my show out

FREAKSCENE
www.facebook.com/freaksceneonioradio

THE REVERB
www.facebook.com/thereverbisshoegaze

stu666 08.23.2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattgazer
Matt Catling
Age 26
Professional: DJ/Jounalist
Joined the forms about a year ago now
Hometown: Ipswich (ip-shit)

My Music taste is shoegaze/alternative/noise pop/rock stuff like My Bloody Valentine, RIDE, Slowdive, Swervedriver, Dinosaur Jr, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Spacemen 3, LoOp, Chapterhouse, Black Flag, Flipper, MC5, The Stooges, The 13th Floor Elevators, 14 Iced Bears, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Fugazi, Unwound, Shellac, Slint, Cable, AC Acoustics, Sunny Day Real Estate, Mineral, The Promise Ring, Braid, Sonic Youth itself and I can go On

I also do two radio shows in one week in my hometown called Freakscene (alternative rock/lo-fi/slacker) on IO Radio UK every monday 3pm-4pm UK time and The Reverb (shoegaze & Dream pop) every Wednesday 18.30-20.30 UK time, the show have been getting alot of exposure in the london alternative/indie scene with promotion and record labels such goodsoul promotion, sonic cathedral and northern star records and it's been great year for me

For non music subject i do love stuff like the Mighty Boosh, South Park, Twin Peaks And Mostly Films like Slacker, Clerks etc

please fell free to say hello an Please check my show out

FREAKSCENE
www.facebook.com/freaksceneonioradio

THE REVERB
www.facebook.com/thereverbisshoegaze

Hi Matt! :)

davenotdead 09.06.2014 12:54 AM

oy, sup

ALIEN ANAL 09.06.2014 03:41 AM

Dave!

gmku 10.22.2014 02:04 PM

Hi, I'm gmku.

floatingslowly 12.29.2014 02:59 AM

Hi, I'm obviously new here.

pony 01.03.2015 03:55 PM

Hallo gmku und floatingslowly, willkommen im Forum!