Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

noisereductions 02.12.2011 04:43 PM

Inhuman 02.12.2011 04:52 PM

Just ordered Chrono Trigger DS. Can't wait :D

krastian 02.13.2011 03:47 PM

I'm getting pretty fucking psyched for Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I got it pre-ordered and it comes out Tuesday.

No Mega Man and Gambit is ridiculous though. Hopefully they will be added for DLC.

SpaceCadetHayden 02.13.2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Just ordered Chrono Trigger DS. Can't wait :D

CHRONO TRIGGER! The SNES version is one of my favorite games of all time. I just finished playing Chrono Cross not long ago. I guess I need a DS now.

deflinus 02.13.2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
No Mega Man and Gambit is ridiculous though. Hopefully they will be added for DLC.

No mega man is definitely a disappointment. I don't know about Gambit though. I think it was just cool to have him in the roster in 2, I don't think he was an effective character to play as

Inhuman 02.13.2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
CHRONO TRIGGER! The SNES version is one of my favorite games of all time. I just finished playing Chrono Cross not long ago. I guess I need a DS now.

Hell yea, Trigger, Chrono Cross, and FF6 are my fav's. The ones I wish were on DS are Secret of Mana & Legend of Mana...and then the rest of the Mana series blows goats.

Pelle 02.13.2011 06:05 PM

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and im all out of bubblegum!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.15.2011 10:41 PM

Lots of Monster Hunter Tri (of course). I'm really getting a kick out of the online mode, although I'm definitely still a n00b. The community is very generous, and helpful for the most part.

and...

vulva 02.16.2011 04:41 AM

I picked up dat mahvel 3 today. I'm awful at this game but it's a lot of fun. So far my team is Chun/Hsien Ko/Sentinel. I feel like such a wang picking Sent, but he's overpowered enough to make up for me not knowing what I'm doing

EVOLghost 02.17.2011 08:41 AM

beat Black OPs yesterday....and well....I'm only glad because now I got 1player zombies...

and much closer to the end in PS4

EVOLghost 02.17.2011 09:02 AM

beat Lishien or whatever his namem was in Air Castle and man.....this game just keeps on going! Cause after the Garubek Tower....SHIT STILL GOES ON!

noisereductions 02.17.2011 10:00 AM

I'm at Dracula in Castlevania Chronicles.

GeneticKiss 02.17.2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
beat Lishien or whatever his namem was in Air Castle and man.....this game just keeps on going! Cause after the Garubek Tower....SHIT STILL GOES ON!

Yeah, but when it's over, you'll be sad to see it end...

The guy's name was Lashiec.

EVOLghost 02.17.2011 03:40 PM

LACHIEC! there we go..

and yeah. I'm at the temple and yesterday while I was playing I was just getting to know the area and while my plan was to go back to town and rest my characters to full stats....I get to the temple and decided to go in for shits. yeah I knew that fucking guy was Dark Force. I mean.....Lutz/Rune is distracted upon meeting him and his skills are all that of the enemy....

EVOLghost 02.17.2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva
I picked up dat mahvel 3 today. I'm awful at this game but it's a lot of fun. So far my team is Chun/Hsien Ko/Sentinel. I feel like such a wang picking Sent, but he's overpowered enough to make up for me not knowing what I'm doing

have you read that tweet by that one asian dood? He calls it cheap and easy (for tournament levels at least)

dale_gribble 02.17.2011 03:44 PM

^fag

EVOLghost 02.17.2011 03:50 PM

yo face.

krastian 02.17.2011 07:19 PM

Sooo, I've been playing the shit out of MVC3 and it rules.

There are so many different team combinations to come up with. The game is rediculously fast and really beautiful.

Some teams I've been playing with are:

Super-Skrull, Hulk, Taskmaster
X-23, Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull
ZERO, Dante, X-23

But yeah, great game.

vulva 02.26.2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
have you read that tweet by that one asian dood? He calls it cheap and easy (for tournament levels at least)

yeah, jwong was not pleased originally with how mvc3 turned out. That said, looks like he got over it quick. Wreckin shit up at Winter Brawl 5 today.

noisereductions 02.26.2011 10:36 PM

I beat Shadow Of The Colossus last week... kept a log and put it up on my blog.

krastian 02.27.2011 02:25 PM

Still playing the shit out of MVC3 and my main team has pretty much settled out to be Chun-Li, Hulk, and Wolverine.

atsonicpark 02.27.2011 03:40 PM

played this at a buddy's house last night. Gonna have to get an xbox360 my friends. This and Blazblue. I don't think I've ever bought a system for fighting games. Ohhh, but I'll get some Bayonetta and DEATHSMILES too. Anyway, my team thus far is Tron Bonne, Dante, and Wolverine ... no Strider nor Cable nor Sakura bothers me a lot but oh well..... also, am I overloking Mega Man? I mean, Zero and Tronr rules but where's the blue bomber himself? He's Capcom's mascot! ... Anyway, great game, if you have a 360 or a PS3 you have to pick this game up. Have to

EVOLghost 02.27.2011 03:41 PM

^ no strider!?!?!!? ghey.....oh well...

I still need to play it. (Blazblue is cheap)

krastian 02.27.2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

played this at a buddy's house last night. Gonna have to get an xbox360 my friends. This and Blazblue. I don't think I've ever bought a system for fighting games. Ohhh, but I'll get some Bayonetta and DEATHSMILES too. Anyway, my team thus far is Tron Bonne, Dante, and Wolverine ... no Strider nor Cable nor Sakura bothers me a lot but oh well..... also, am I overloking Mega Man? I mean, Zero and Tronr rules but where's the blue bomber himself? He's Capcom's mascot! ... Anyway, great game, if you have a 360 or a PS3 you have to pick this game up. Have to!

I just bought Bayonetta around Christmas and it's pretty great.

Maybe Strider and more than likely Megaman will be added for DLC.

I just want Gambit....well, it'd be sweet if they added a Megman 2 villain or 2, but that ain't gonna happen.

Dante is an awesome fighter, but I'm already sick of fighting him EVERY match online, ha!

Anyway, if you get Xbox Live, which is pretty much the main point for this game, then add me if you want to play. I'm not great or anything, but yeah, I'm krastian on there too.

atsonicpark 02.27.2011 04:31 PM

Ohhh, a Mega Man villian, that'd be the shit. Cutsman or something. Or, maybe make one character and each "costume" is a different villian (like, whereas the usual red costume would be, it'd be FLAME MAN perhaps?).

I am going to play Ameratsu next time I pick hte game up.. OKAMI is probably the greatest non-Zelda/non-Ico adventure game ever.

krastian 02.27.2011 04:41 PM

I played with Ameratsu like once. There really are a ton of characters to learn!

Keeping It Simple 02.28.2011 08:06 AM

I'm splitting my playing time between Mass Effect 2 and Fable 2.

vulva 03.01.2011 01:28 AM

First off: any of you got mvc3 on ps3?

Second: Here's why MvC3 is broken

vulva 03.01.2011 01:33 AM

also, atsonicpark, you mentioning deathsmiles makes me love you so hard.

I only own a 360 for the following games:
deathsmiles
espgaluda 2
mushihimesama futari
Raiden 4
Raiden Fighter Aces
KOF Sky Stage
King Of Fighters 98 UM
King Of Fighters 2002 UM

Fighting games and shooters.

EVOLghost 03.01.2011 01:25 PM

I own a 360 because I got it for free.
That's what you get for takin' a friend to see SY twice! for free(sort of)

atsonicpark 03.01.2011 03:09 PM

thanks vulva

shoot me ups are the noyl genre i care about

thoguh i've been playing wipeout fusion yakuza 2 puzzle fighter lumines and shinobi for the ps2 hardcore

vulva 03.01.2011 03:21 PM

can't wait til end of march so I can get my yak 4 on. Yakuza's so bomb.

These days, as a whole, I only play shooters, fighting games and puzzle games. I'm all about Pochi & Nyaa~~

atsonicpark 03.01.2011 09:07 PM

PUZZLE GAMES are my favorite genre. You into strat games? I am going to get stella deus soon I think. Mainly into nis. disgaea and shit.

been playin

CYBER LIP

Contra much? Fun shit though.

also

VIEWPOINT, surprisingly fun isometric neo geo shooter

LAST HOPE neo geo version. Okay, I am CONVINCED parts of this were straight-up stolen from the first r-type. there are sections literally identical to r-type 1, and gradius 1, actually. Like, not in the typical "oh, shoot em ups yeah all the same" blah blah. I'm talking... same exact graphics and so on. Very strange.

either way, great game, one of the best shooter soundtrax ever.

atsonicpark 03.01.2011 09:11 PM

btw, 2 new dreamcast shooters coming out this year

first up, STURMWIND. This has the best graphics of any shooter I've ever seen, coming out on a 13 year old system for fuck's sakes:

Un fucking believable. Gonna get.

I read the game is mostly 2D but switches to a weird 2.5D for boss fights (kinda like Einhander does)... so expect big cinematic boss fights and shit.

then NG DEV TEAM, who did last hope, did FAST STRIKER

So, dreamcast... continues to be the best system ever?

atsonicpark 03.01.2011 09:17 PM

vulva, my top 10 shooters ever

1. einhander
2. ikaruga
3. gradius v
4. thunderforce v
5. radiant silvergun
6. r-type delta
7. psyvariar 2
8. border down
9. radio allergy
10. blazing star

BLAZING STAR is one I just got into recently, and it's up there with LAST RESORT as "badass shmups no one ever mentions." Not that graphix matter, it's all about the insane gameplay and atmosphere but still.. look at dese screens

I want you to trust me when I say I feel like I'm pretty knowledgable about shooters -- they're my favorite genre...... BLAZING STAR is one of the most fun shooters ever. Trust.

vulva 03.01.2011 11:13 PM

Just put Blazing Star on my DS. Excited to give it a proper play.

Have you seen the screens and footage from Akai Katana? I'm so excited about that game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJQWLsUri6M&hd=1

krastian 03.05.2011 02:07 PM

Borrowed this one from the library....it's actually pretty fun.

EVOLghost 03.06.2011 06:00 AM

^ hahaha I remember owning that shit for my windows98 comp.

krastian 03.06.2011 04:28 PM

I love trivia games and playing on Xbox where it keeps yr scores and whatnot is pretty sweet.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.10.2011 10:23 PM