Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

al shabbray 12.29.2008 02:49 PM

I love krang!!!
what a "limited" bad ass he was.
I goin to hit youtube for some turtles episodes now.
I am already in a flashback of my past so that fits perfectly

_slavo_ 12.29.2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
yes, the situation is a mess, underneath a semi normal surface it's creeping with malavita.... random people gets shot to death in the middle of the streets coz hitmen "miss" the guy they wanted to kill and stuff, almost on a daily basis. You can't go around on a motorcicle with the helmet on or they'll think you wanna murder someone keeping your face hidden and stuff.
I can't even imagine living there, and the bad thing is that people are wonderful and cities are amazing (even if quite messy from many povs)

little examples eh eh

sounds exactly as in the book. damn, sounds insane, dude. i mean, we also had our wild 90s here, with mafia slaughtering other mafia, but those days are long gone, man.
is it only camorra that does so much mess, or also cosa nostra and 'ndrangheta?

atsonicpark 12.31.2008 10:00 AM

from now on, just call me "Cool breeze".

SYRFox 12.31.2008 10:06 AM

okay, Fresh Breeze
amidoinitrite

SYRFox 01.01.2009 05:50 PM

hey there people
this thread has now fully entered modernity, embracing 2009
this is a new birth

stu666 01.01.2009 06:48 PM

greedrex 01.01.2009 06:54 PM

ooooooo

greedrex 01.01.2009 06:54 PM

they have improved googlemaps a lot.

acousticrock87 01.01.2009 07:26 PM

There's a fully panoramic shot standing right in front of my house on there. Creepy as hell, actually.

SYRFox 01.01.2009 07:29 PM

And you can see myself, getting my headphones in my ears, in front of my school

[Sandbag] 01.02.2009 03:52 PM

lol

hey you all
long time no see :D

al shabbray 01.03.2009 12:37 PM

hey guys.
Ive got a hangover.
my SY tickets arrived yesterday.
Ive bought a new car.
I am 99% of my free time on the road (again)
I am feeling like new born/reawaken

SYRFox 01.03.2009 12:51 PM

hey sandbag (what a violent comingback that was :D) and shabba!
how is your car like?

al shabbray 01.03.2009 01:00 PM

my car is an 15 year old polo 2f in perfect shape. and it looks kinds like this:

shapewise its the same.
but I got no prolly rims, hahaha
and the color is really one of darkest greens Ive ever seen on a car, almost blak. I love it.

that cars gives me one nostalgia flashback after another cause the interiour reminds me so much of an early nineties Audi quattro cope my dad once got, and I loved that car to death as a kid
thats what I mean:

I woul dlove to drive on of these. they are kinda like a back to the future delorean plus they actually pretty good cars

acousticrock87 01.05.2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i didnt play any poker and i miss it. i ll try to finally see my other people and play cards with them.

Oh man, me too. My friends and I used to play almost every day, and we haven't in months. I need to bring that out again.

acousticrock87 01.05.2009 05:23 AM

Ah don't stress about something you can't control, but I mean, really, what kind of a friend are you? :p

In my experience, poker is the one activity that always turns out well (even if I lose).

But yeah, I've been wanting to play for a while, but lately when we've hung out we all just get high and end up watching movies. Next time it will change.

_slavo_ 01.05.2009 09:15 AM

poker rules hard. which version do you play?

MellySingsDoom 01.10.2009 11:42 AM

Greetings to all the "regular" posters here! I have been a bit slack in keeping in touch with you guys and girls - something I will try better to do! I hope that you are all keeping well :)

greedrex 01.10.2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Greetings to all the "regular" posters here! I have been a bit slack in keeping in touch with you guys and girls - something I will try better to do! I hope that you are all keeping well :)

al shabbray 01.10.2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
nice car you got! good for you.
no need to say that your dad's car was great..

we had too much food all these days. to the extent of being disgussed by ourselves. so of course, i gained some weight. i dont worry this time, i m going to lose it.
i didnt play any poker and i miss it. i ll try to finally see my other people and play cards with them.
also, first time at work i wore higheels! (semihighheels)

thanks and:

YEAH nefeli, how are you doin? :p

MellySingsDoom 01.10.2009 12:03 PM

Hi al shabba - how goes it with you, god sir?

SYRFox 01.10.2009 12:10 PM

Hey there Melly!

While I'm there, does anyone know the band The War On Drugs? Are they good? Women will open for them in February in Lille and I wonder I'll go or no

al shabbray 01.10.2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Hi al shabba - how goes it with you, god sir?

hey hey melly,
yeah its kinda mixed at the moment, I ve got a lot to do at university (the end of semester is pretty near) and I need to do half of the whole work of the smester in the next time :)
no big news beneath that, except that got a car, and I am still happy as fuck about that. if there were a few things Ive missed the last year, it would be of course, a car. I love to drive around :)

MellySingsDoom 01.10.2009 12:38 PM

al shabb - good to hear that you are enjoying your new car. Uni life sounds very busy for you, but I hope that it is treating you well :)

SYRFox - Hi there! How's things going with you? Hope that all is fine.

al shabb/SYRFox - well, things for me since Xmas and New Year have been relatively quiet. I'm back at work and very busy there, and am also trying to get back into doing music again - have been very lazy on that front.

Nefeli - How are you, madame? Good to hear that your poker session went well last night.

al shabbray 01.10.2009 12:44 PM

@melly
oh yes pretty busy. I am home from two full days of shooting at a aluinium-car-parts factory. it was fuckin hot in the the whole time. everything was pretty dangerous for persons like me. I think I was never in an environment were you could easily die that fast and in that variety of different ways. kinda creepy, but interesting as well.

btw good to hear that your work keeps you busy, I hope in a positive way!
i can feel you on that music issue, I got at least 5 or 6 half finished tracks, where I would love to finish them, cause I really like what Ive did. but I dont wanna start for a few hours and then stop a while etc. I need some more time for it. hopefully soon!

@fox

say, is lille some kind of live-music capital?
I am really jelaous abotu the bands you ve seen the last month, really cool stuff

SYRFox 01.10.2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
@melly
oh yes pretty busy. I am home from two full days of shooting at a aluinium-car-parts factory. it was fuckin hot in the the whole time. everything was pretty dangerous for persons like me. I think I was never in an environment were you could easily die that fast and in that variety of different ways. kinda creepy, but interesting as well.

btw good to hear that your work keeps you busy, I hope in a positive way!
i can feel you on that music issue, I got at least 5 or 6 half finished tracks, where I would love to finish them, cause I really like what Ive did. but I dont wanna start for a few hours and then stop a while etc. I need some more time for it. hopefully soon!

@fox

say, is lille some kind of live-music capital?
I am really jelaous abotu the bands you ve seen the last month, really cool stuff

Not a live-music capital (we haven't got the amount of gigs Paris has), but there's really a lot of good gigs - plus there's Kortrijk (Belgium) not so far, so it's good. Here is a list of gigs I'm seeing in the coming months: Cheveu (30/01), maybe François Virot + Matt Elliott (early February, but I doubt I'll go), possibly Women + War On Drugs (20/02), GANG GANG DANCE (22/02), perhaps The Ex (early March), ANIMAL COLLECTIVE (19/03)

MellySingsDoom 01.10.2009 01:03 PM

SYRFox - You're seeing the Ex I see - I so love that band live. Their energy and power is overwhelming, but at the same time you can see that they're really into what they do as well....and Katrin is one hell of a drummer.

SYRFox 01.10.2009 01:06 PM

I don't know them too much unfortunately (though I've heard a few albums and they were very good), but I always hear that they're great live, I guess I'll go and check

al shabbray 01.10.2009 01:11 PM

good evening guys, i am going to have a chillin nintendo wii evening with soem old freinds I havent seen for some time!

MellySingsDoom 01.10.2009 01:11 PM

I've seen them twice, and both times they blew me away. I would definitely recommend seeing them live - I think you'll be most impressed with them. :)

_slavo_ 01.10.2009 01:20 PM

I'm drinking again. My new year resolutions are going to hell.

al shabbray 01.10.2009 01:24 PM

okay some alcohol will be involved too, of course hahahaa
wish you a good evening all

SYRFox 01.10.2009 01:29 PM

have a good evening shabba :)

MellySingsDoom 01.10.2009 01:34 PM

I second what al says, and best of evening wishes to everyone else from me too.

SYRFox 01.12.2009 07:20 AM

Hello y'all! I went at 9.30am to Le Furet Du Nord this morning to buy the new Animal Collective album. Unfortunately I won't be able to hear it until I come back from school, around 4pm...

SYRFox 01.12.2009 10:31 AM

first listen now

al shabbray 01.12.2009 10:32 AM

argh!!!
SKIP CLASSES :)

SYRFox 01.12.2009 10:35 AM

Well actually, I should be in biology right now :p
But it's a dissection, and I can't do dissections, so I went back home

al shabbray 01.12.2009 10:38 AM

for a good reason (hopefully)

SYRFox 01.12.2009 10:41 AM

well my reason is that I really can't do dissections. It's psychological, when I try to do it I have the feeling that I'm dissecting myself. I guess I love animals too much :D