Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   whatcha doin? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33868)

gmku 12.19.2009 05:22 PM

WTF is wrong w/ me? I just [edited to protect the innocent... PM me for details!].

Sans some real-life professional wisdom, I'll do with whatever slings and arrows you guys want to shoot this way. I know your intentions are good.

gmku 12.19.2009 05:36 PM

Yeah. Finally got y'all didn't I? Too real for y'al w/ yr oh-so-serious drug problems and yr obsessions with Courtney and with big booty and with obscure bands nobody gives a shit about and all that. You can't deal with it when one of us comes to you with [whatever].

Dead-Air 12.19.2009 05:43 PM

I answered by PM to much the same effect.

gmku 12.19.2009 05:44 PM

Floatingslowly and girlgun--don't look, OK?

gmku 12.19.2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
i'm just hoping for your sake that your wife or any of your other family members doesn't lurk here.

So... what are you talking about exactly?

I'm mostly just embarassed. I can't believe I said it. I really don't know what came over me, we were just talking, and then I said it. She probably thinks I'm an idiot. I suck.

gmku 12.19.2009 06:01 PM

OK. Yeah, it's unlikely. They hardly share my enthusiasm for SY. Regardless, I'm embarassed and find myself wondering what let my tongue, if you'll pardon the expression, slip. The power of the wimmenz over the menz?

Seriously, the worst issue for me right now is not the thought of an indiscretion but the embarassment of having made this remark. Unless this woman came banging on my door, and unless I were on the verge of suicide, I know nothing would come of this. I honestly don't know why I said it. It was purely in the moment.

gmku 12.19.2009 06:18 PM

Deal.

I realize now it's probably because of the snowstorm.

Girlgun and Satan, please forgive me. I remain true.

gmku 12.19.2009 06:20 PM

It would help me get thru this if others could share simliar such embarassments.

gmku 12.19.2009 06:39 PM

Come on, a little support from my brothers in arms? She was cute istanding n the snow and all. It was a weak moment.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 07:56 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about as you edited it. Give me all of the details and I can give you all of my manly advice and sympathy. I'm a man that knows a thing or two about sexual interest.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
so yeah, more Swedish and '70s than Abba fighting over a coke spoon in the sauna...

Probably the defining moment of both the 70's and Sweden.

gmku 12.19.2009 07:59 PM

Were ABBA into coke? I don't know this story.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku

Entirely irrelevant at this point as what was said just made perfect, crystalline sense as a thing that would happen in such contexts.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 08:11 PM

I guess someone doesn't want any of this bro support I've got. And I'm pretty bro'd out. As in, bro'd to the max, not out of bro.

EVOLghost 12.19.2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

WTF is wrong w/ me? I just [edited to protect the innocent... PM me for details!].

Sans some real-life professional wisdom, I'll do with whatever slings and arrows you guys want to shoot this way. I know your intentions are good.

???

gmku 12.19.2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
I guess someone doesn't want any of this bro support I've got. And I'm pretty bro'd out. As in, bro'd to the max, not out of bro.

Appreciate the gesture. I'm dealing.

gmku 12.19.2009 09:40 PM

My neighbor's been out there shoveling for four hours now. If I were a gentleman, I'd go help. It's kind of scary how dogged she is about it.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Appreciate the gesture. I'm dealing.

Sometimes a bro just gotta bust some of his goodness up inside of you and it's hard for him to take no for an answer.

gmku 12.19.2009 09:58 PM

I don't get that ghetto talk but I think I get your drift. thanks.

Dead-Air 12.20.2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

"Mama Mia" is clearly a love song written to coke.