Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

SYRFox 09.30.2008 03:38 PM

sorry - off to bed now :(

SYRFox 09.30.2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
ok this is interesting.
the ones i mentioned are indeed other Fennesz releases.
Fenno'berg is also really worth checking out.
now about Oval, the best ones are "Systemish" and "94 diskont".

yeah I checked 94 Diskont and thought it was really good

mil_pl 09.30.2008 04:34 PM

I got cold ;/
shit...

now when I have to be healthy!

ahh..

good night everyone.

SYRFox 10.01.2008 02:23 AM

Good morning everyone :)

atsonicpark 10.01.2008 02:33 AM

whoa whoa

no one told me there was a glitch conversation going down

this is my favorite glitch album:

atsonicpark 10.01.2008 02:37 AM

Some other glitchy/abstract electronic stuff I love (careful, most of it's not easy listening):

- Fennesz
- Aoki Takamasa (sounds like a Japanese Autechre)
- Pita
- Mika Vainio
- Pan Sonic
- Alva Noto
- Ryoki Ikeda (the most pure and hardcore glitchy shit you'll ever hear; pure data, beats/"melodies" made of high frequencies and low frequencies only; amazing shit, makes your entire body hurt!)
- Toshimaru Nakamura (I love this shit.. pure sine waves!)
- Sakamoto Hiromichi
- Vladislav Delay (highly reccomended!)
- Matmos (not all their stuff is glitchy but some of it is and it's quite brilliant)
- Tone Rec
- Neina (very Oval-like)
- So Takahashi

There's also a lot of great Japanese artists who mix pop vocals with glitch beats but I can't think of their names right now... EDIT: Okay, I found a few cd's I have in this style by someone named Tujiko Noriko... this shit is insane... full on glitch beats and cut-up ambient sounds, cd's skipping everywhere... with beautiful pop vocals and hooks... great shit.

You might like Bernhard Guenter, who mixes avant-garde minimalism with digital manipulations...

Carl Michael von Hausswolff has some good glitch/ambient stuff...

Also, Oren Ambarchi has explored a lot of digital minimalism, mixing glitch sounds with guitar drones on some releases. Brilliant stuff.

Let's not forget bands who mix glitch with shoegaze like Televise, Tim Hecker (who you'd LOVE if you like Fennesz), Opressed by the Line, Main, and Third Eye Foundation...

atsonicpark 10.01.2008 02:48 AM

Pookie's old glitch thread, with more great artists: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ghlight=glitch

My glitch thread: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ghlight=glitch

My recent thread on "94 diskont" that, like, nobody replied to because no one ever listens to me: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ghlight=glitch

greedrex 10.01.2008 04:38 AM

- Fennesz : yes!
- Aoki Takamasa (sounds like a Japanese Autechre): mm never heard of the cunt
- Pita : insane, the "Get out" LP is massive.
- Mika Vainio : very sparse and quiet or abrasive. I have a collab between him and Fennesz on the signature label i think that is really nice.
- Pan Sonic: don't like them much, they're more ambient to me.
- Alva Noto : lurv him : I really dig those

- Ryoki Ikeda : yes i should get more stuff by him.
- Toshimaru Nakamura : never heard of the cunt
- Sakamoto Hiromichi never heard of the cunt
- Vladislav Delay never heard of the cunt
- Matmos : surprisingly i don't like Matmos; listened to everything they have ever releases, never liked. but they're good yes.
- Tone Rec :?
- Neina (very Oval-like) : dunno about Neina but Oval yummy
- So Takahashi :never heard of the cunt

There's also a lot of great Japanese artists who mix pop vocals with glitch beats but I can't think of their names right now... EDIT: Okay, I found a few cd's I have in this style by someone named Tujiko Noriko
>>> YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS those are excellent:

[/quote]

greedrex 10.01.2008 04:41 AM

also, Oren Ambarchi = all his stuff is great

al shabbray 10.01.2008 06:32 AM

after the sun comes rain and after the rain comes sun, after the sun comes rain and after the rains comes sun............................................... .........

SYRFox 10.01.2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Some other glitchy/abstract electronic stuff I love (careful, most of it's not easy listening):

- Fennesz
- Aoki Takamasa (sounds like a Japanese Autechre)
- Pita
- Mika Vainio
- Pan Sonic
- Alva Noto
- Ryoki Ikeda (the most pure and hardcore glitchy shit you'll ever hear; pure data, beats/"melodies" made of high frequencies and low frequencies only; amazing shit, makes your entire body hurt!)
- Toshimaru Nakamura (I love this shit.. pure sine waves!)
- Sakamoto Hiromichi
- Vladislav Delay (highly reccomended!)
- Matmos (not all their stuff is glitchy but some of it is and it's quite brilliant)
- Tone Rec
- Neina (very Oval-like)
- So Takahashi

There's also a lot of great Japanese artists who mix pop vocals with glitch beats but I can't think of their names right now... EDIT: Okay, I found a few cd's I have in this style by someone named Tujiko Noriko... this shit is insane... full on glitch beats and cut-up ambient sounds, cd's skipping everywhere... with beautiful pop vocals and hooks... great shit.

You might like Bernhard Guenter, who mixes avant-garde minimalism with digital manipulations...

Carl Michael von Hausswolff has some good glitch/ambient stuff...

Also, Oren Ambarchi has explored a lot of digital minimalism, mixing glitch sounds with guitar drones on some releases. Brilliant stuff.

Let's not forget bands who mix glitch with shoegaze like Televise, Tim Hecker (who you'd LOVE if you like Fennesz), Opressed by the Line, Main, and Third Eye Foundation...

Thanks. I heard some of those names before but never bothered to check out (except for instance Third Eye Foundation that I already know and like), still a lot of things I've never heard about in your list

Right now I'm listening to Shuttle358 , nice stuff as well.

greedrex 10.01.2008 09:09 AM

the problem with Adam is he knows so much stuff that a simple question brings a two pages long answer with at least 200 names that you have never heard and they are all supposed to be compulsory listens....
Too much knowledge kills knowledge.

SYRFox 10.01.2008 09:28 AM

hahaha, yeah

mil_pl 10.01.2008 09:39 AM

darker..
we dance alone this way
it's gettin' darker
we dance alone this way

greedrex 10.01.2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
darker..
we dance alone this way
it's gettin' darker
we dance alone this way

druggie

SYRFox 10.01.2008 09:56 AM

is what I'm listening to right now

greedrex 10.01.2008 10:06 AM

o yes

greedrex 10.01.2008 10:07 AM

just listened to:

and

arguably the two worst deerhoof LPs

SYRFox 10.01.2008 10:09 AM

Haa I should know Deerhoof better
Actually, I only know Friend Opportunity well... I don't know the other ones that much

greedrex 10.01.2008 10:11 AM

Listen to the last one Offend maggie, it really kicks ass.
The melodies, the gtrs and the dums sound perfect to me.
If you like the TouchandGo era BRH and Early Stereolab