Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Favourite Comedians (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20912)

the ikara cult 03.13.2011 08:13 PM

For me, a massively underrated comic performer is Jennifer Aniston in Friends. I dont particularly love Friends, but it does have well written scenarios, and Jennifer Aniston times her lines extremely well, and she does make me laugh.

Derek 03.14.2011 08:15 AM

Fuck 'Friends'. Worst show ever.

stu666 03.14.2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Fuck 'Friends'. Worst show ever.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Derek again.

evollove 03.14.2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
For me, a massively underrated comic performer is Jennifer Aniston in Friends. I dont particularly love Friends, but it does have well written scenarios, and Jennifer Aniston times her lines extremely well, and she does make me laugh.

I absolutely hate that show too. Whoever came up with that show deserves life in prison and whoever wrote THE MOST OBNOXIOUS THEME SONG EVER deserves the death penalty.

That said:

-Matt Perry's really funny in interviews. Too bad he's NEVER been funny in front of the camera.

-I think Jennifer Aniston's a moron, but she was actually pretty funny in a 30 ROCK cameo.

-David Schwimmer was alright in that CURB YR ENTHUSIASM season. He played an asshole fairly well.

The rest are worthless and oughta count their lucky stars every second of the day.

But:

LISA KUDROW--She's so brilliant, it blows my mind that she even bothered to be on that piece of shit show where she was forced to play a character as flat and one-dementional as the rest. She was never funny on that show.

But then she started doing some indie work and flexing her muscles and I reluctantly started to pay attention. Her sitcom, THE COMEBACK, which she also developed and co-wrote, was really one of the first "akward comedy"/pseudo-documentary shows. Kinda groundbreaking actually. The influence of that show and THE LARRY SANDERS SHOW and SEINFELD accounts for about 85% of television comedy today, at least in America.

I don't know if I'd put her on my "favorite" list, but she is a really smart and subtle actress and I'm as surprised as anyone that I've developed a lot of respect for her.

SONIC GAIL 03.14.2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
so is yr face.

I have all "three" seasons, but I don't think I've watched them in a few years so I'm a little fuzzy.

Chapelle is my favorite. I really miss that show. Bill Murray of course

DeadDiscoDildo 03.14.2011 01:09 PM

You quote the guy who has all 3 seasons and didnt even know which episode I was talking about after I brought it up.

Frankly, Im insulted ;p

SONIC GAIL 03.14.2011 02:19 PM

oh don't be jealous;)

DeadDiscoDildo 03.14.2011 02:47 PM

I was just trying to keep it real.

This is what happens when keeping it real goes wrong.

Derek 03.14.2011 02:50 PM

WOOF WOOF WOOF Wu-Tang!

SONIC GAIL 03.14.2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I was just trying to keep it real.

This is what happens when keeping it real goes wrong.

I remember that one:D

fishmonkey 03.15.2011 07:07 PM

my favorite comedian is an irish one called PJ Gallagher and he is a funny fucker, check out his videos on youtube under the guise of a character called "Jake Stevens" where he takes the piss outa un-suspecting members of the public..

good stuff..

the ikara cult 05.11.2011 05:16 PM

New Stewart Lee tonight on the BBC

stu666 05.11.2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

yeah this is starting in a minute, thanks for the reminder!

the ikara cult 05.11.2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
yeah this is starting in a minute, thanks for the reminder!

Im ike a mobile phone, only more annoying

DeadDiscoDildo 05.11.2011 06:40 PM

I just found out my Uncle used to work with lenny bruce for years, in vegas. Funny cuz bruce has always been one of my favorites since I got into him via bill hicks and etc.

He used to do comedy and sing and do a routine in between sets and band breaks and etc. to keep the show going and worked with bruce for 2 years or something doing that.

Oh,

also...

Dave chappelle is still my favorite comedian.

I said damn baby what you doin up this late on the corner
he said damn nigga i m tryin to sell this rock!

gualbert 05.11.2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

I like her a lot in Friends: she manages to be cute, sexy and funny, which is super rare for an actress.

Sometimes Friends is smart and fun, sometimes it's about pee/poo/dick/cunt (but not as awful as Judd Apatow&co).

the ikara cult 05.11.2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gualbert
I like her a lot in Friends: she manages to be cute, sexy and funny, which is super rare for an actress.

Sometimes Friends is smart and fun, sometimes it's about pee/poo/dick/cunt (but not as awful as Judd Apatow&co).

see, its not just me

stu666 05.12.2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

fucking excellent!

the ikara cult 05.14.2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
fucking excellent!

Indeed it was

I love the way he's perverted the idea of having his own show and created tension out of it. I hate technical discussions about comedy, but he's reminding me more and more of the Ted Chippington character. He seems to have done away entirely with satire except for the job he himself is doing.

Should i finish this comment with a glib comment about bitches, i wonder?
Because i might be satirising the idea of a sincere comment on an internet messageboard, which of course has a huge audience.

stu666 05.18.2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

on now!