Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mix Tapes Round 2 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4876)

truncated 08.13.2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
is this primarily cassette culture or can a burned cdr be accepted or is that against the ethos of this thing? just curious........................

Do tell, how is the view up your rectum this time of year?

luxinterior 08.13.2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Make one side of the tape really standard and make the other side dark and mysterious......or would that be dark and odd? Make it easy on yourself.

Okay, I'll try to make one side more like something you would find on a Best Of album. Yeah, I will probably stick to the singles for that part. The other side will be hard, but fun. It's just difficult to narrow down sometimes. I think I'll be able to do this.

Hip Priest 08.13.2006 02:01 PM

I remember John Peel playing Cave's cover of 'By the Time I get to Phoenix'. I was impressed, but I've never heard much more.

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.13.2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
Alright asshats, since the mix CD fell through, I'm in.

Though I still think it would be quite fun to be randomly assigned a person for whom to make a personalized mix tape. Even if I didn't get one in return, I'd still enjoy making one.

To digress - I think personalized mixtapes are fun because that's sort of the spirit behind using that media. Mixtapes are so John Hughes. How deliciously teenage!

Do you always cave in this easily???

You ARE being randomly assigned a person, you just don't know who they are. What can be more fun than mystery?

If this is a John Hughes movie, what character are you?

luxinterior 08.13.2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I remember John Peel playing Cave's cover of 'By the Time I get to Phoenix'. I was impressed, but I've never heard much more.

Gasp!

If I find that I have a lot of extra time, I might have to make you something as well.

I'm also realizing that there is no way this is going to fit on one tape. Maybe two. At this point, I am not quite sure. I don't want to shave off too many good songs.

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.13.2006 02:31 PM

Ok, I just finished mine and will send to Pookie tomorrow.

Whoever gets my tape can do anything to this music, ANYTHING. Yes, even that.

porkmarras 08.13.2006 03:27 PM

I finished the third one yesterday.

golden child 08.13.2006 03:29 PM

ben-david gilman
5338 sparta loop se
salem, oregon 97306

please give me a visit.

hat and beard 08.13.2006 03:53 PM

i would like to get in on this.

Pookie 08.13.2006 03:56 PM

See the first post on this thread for details.

PAULYBEE2656 08.13.2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
Do tell, how is the view up your rectum this time of year?

what a bizarre answer to an honest question! thanks truncated for that insight! you do blow hot and cold dont you. doesnt matter, someone of a less sensitive nature politely answered my question!

truncated 08.13.2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
what a bizarre answer to an honest question! thanks truncated for that insight! you do blow hot and cold dont you. doesnt matter, someone of a less sensitive nature politely answered my question!

Darling, as I've said to someone before, don't make me have to use that goddamned tongue smiley to indicate humor. I expect better of you.

porkmarras 08.13.2006 04:24 PM

Cantankerous 08.13.2006 04:48 PM

i just have a question about this should i decide to do it - how much time is on one side of a tape?

Hip Priest 08.13.2006 04:48 PM

For blank tapes, usually either 30 or 45 minutes.

I'm not sure how long my first one was, as I recorded over a pre-recorded tape.

golden child 08.13.2006 04:55 PM

depends, could be anywhere from 30 seconds to 60 minutes

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.13.2006 06:19 PM

Porkmarras: I wanted to tell you that earlier when I was finishing my tape, I was going through some old mp3s I had on the computer, you know burning some stuff onto CD to put on the mix tape. I came across two songs that I couldn't for the life of me remember what they were. Then it hit me, they were songs you had posted a few months back, one for your cat, and another appreantly random tune. I was temtped to put them on the tape, but it didn't really fit.

Maybe the next one. Great stuff.

Cantankerous 08.13.2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i just have a question about this should i decide to do it - how much time is on one side of a tape?

thank you. sister ray will fit after all.

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.13.2006 08:25 PM

Thats about 17 Minutes, eh?

Everyneurotic 08.13.2006 08:35 PM

spookie, bro, i have a question:

do you need to have the tape by august 31st or do we have until august 31st to send the tape, regardless of the date you get it?

because if it's the first, i better start sending it asap.