Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

stu666 10.07.2008 02:05 PM

they haven't arrived yet, i only won them a couple of days ago and they're coming from the US, i don't have a great deal of Lee stuff either but hopefully this will change soon, i really MUST get from here to infinity next

noisereductions 10.07.2008 02:44 PM

I've been trying to find more of Lee's free jazz recordings, as opposed to his like tape manipulation type stuff.

The Earl Of Slander 10.07.2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
they haven't arrived yet, i only won them a couple of days ago and they're coming from the US, i don't have a great deal of Lee stuff either but hopefully this will change soon, i really MUST get from here to infinity next

Here to Infinity is amazing. One my favourite Sonic Youth solo releases. Track it down on vinyl if you can. Quite apart from the obvious greatness of the locked grooves, the whole clear vinyl with Savage Pencil etching thing just makes it irresistable.

SuperCreep 10.07.2008 03:18 PM

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.07.2008 07:50 PM

$12

Haven't listened yet. I'll upload it the the free jazz thread when I get a chance.

schizophrenicroom 10.07.2008 07:59 PM

a $3 against me! single last night

pantophobia 10.07.2008 09:21 PM

new vivian girls and deerhoof

viewtiful_alan 10.07.2008 09:54 PM

I'd made sure I had money put aside for when this came out.

noisereductions 10.08.2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan

I'd made sure I had money put aside for when this came out.

That's on my list, but havent grabbed it yet. Super excited. How is it??

jimbrim 10.08.2008 09:29 AM

pokkeherrie 10.08.2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbrim

hmmm....

Right now I'm listening to Bruce Russell - Glided Splinters which I bought yesterday together with some other things.

noisereductions 10.08.2008 10:18 AM

Marzette Watts & Company

acousticrock87 10.08.2008 02:24 PM

Neil Young. Greatest Hits, or something.

A couple days before that I got Social Distortion - Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell

I like Neil Young and all, but I have to say...the Social Distortion CD kicks it's ass.

viewtiful_alan 10.08.2008 02:48 PM

Sacreligious is what that is.

viewtiful_alan 10.08.2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
That's on my list, but havent grabbed it yet. Super excited. How is it??

What I've listened to so far is great. Very bluesy on the whole. Easily on par with the first bootleg series box set. oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you, when loading up dedication 1, how would you best link the tracks? If you have an answer, would you mind pming it to me? Like which tracks to link and such?

acousticrock87 10.08.2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Sacreligious is what that is.

How can you beat leather jackets, cartoon bondage, and 45 minutes of G D C power chord anthems?

Down By the River is just a song; When She Begins is a way of life.

noisereductions 10.08.2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

What I've listened to so far is great. Very bluesy on the whole. Easily on par with the first bootleg series box set. oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you, when loading up dedication 1, how would you best link the tracks? If you have an answer, would you mind pming it to me? Like which tracks to link and such?

what do you mean "how would you best link the tracks"? I'm not sure what yr asking me.

viewtiful_alan 10.08.2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
what do you mean "how would you best link the tracks"? I'm not sure what yr asking me.

like join them together because some of them bleed into eachother. It might not be worht bothering with though.

batreleaser 10.08.2008 05:34 PM

just ordered the new residents album, its good enough to buy.

uhler 10.08.2008 05:59 PM

both from kill rock stars. once their lp gets rereleased on tuesday i'll have everything by the vivian girls.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.08.2008 06:19 PM

Today:
$9

$8

$8

Norma J 10.09.2008 01:19 AM

the last album I bought was a Swedish dude called 'the tallest man on earth'. it's an amazing record. you can tell he's highly impressed by Dylan, but he actually pulls it off with it actually sounding unique.

repeater 10.09.2008 05:08 AM

I got The Black & Whites LP the other day, and canīt stop listening to it. I played I it like ten times in a row. Really catchy powerpop/punk stuff in the vein of ramones/real kids with a twist of 80s hardcore. joooooy!

noisereductions 10.09.2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

like join them together because some of them bleed into eachother. It might not be worht bothering with though.

Oh oh, I see what yr saying. Yeah, I dont usually do that. I use iTunes, and then I set it to "gapless disk" so that there's no pauses between tracks.

Disgruntled Youth 10.09.2008 03:47 PM

Operation Doomsday double lp : Mf Doom

uhler 10.10.2008 03:17 AM

i just preordered the vivian girls lp from insound and i just ordered this from slitbreeze

EVOLghost 10.10.2008 09:55 AM

The Talking Heads Greatest Hits

viewtiful_alan 10.10.2008 03:21 PM

Last Night at some gas station downtown:

(its not a bootleg copy either...)

and I finally got Domkirke in the mail. I got the package deal with the t-shirt.
It was a birthday present from my mom that came later than expected.

Trasher02 10.10.2008 06:15 PM

whorefrost 10.10.2008 10:41 PM

After a spell of poverty, I recently went on my first record purchasing binge in a long while. All records purchased are awesome (with the exception of the Second Original Silence which I cannae comment on as I haven't listened to said album yet). The last couple of times I went on music shopping sprees, the results have tended towards mediocrity. There is nothing more soul-destroying than buying a clutch of new records that leave you cold. Its the sort of thing that makes you question life itself, what it's all about. Haha. Anyway, I recently bought all this awesomeness:

New Blockaders and Merzbow (Banned Productions CD)
Second Original Silence (Smalltown Superjazz CD)
Teenage Jesus and the Jerks/Beirut Slump - Shut up and Bleed CD
Sic Alps (Siltbreeze LP)
Little Claw (siltbreeze 7")
Hospitals - Hairdryer Peace LP

Also got the MCIAA/ToL CD and Moore/Nace/Flaherty disks forthcoming to my mailbox yes cannae wait!

Norma J 10.11.2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02

right on!

batreleaser 10.12.2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
After a spell of poverty, I recently went on my first record purchasing binge in a long while. All records purchased are awesome (with the exception of the Second Original Silence which I cannae comment on as I haven't listened to said album yet). The last couple of times I went on music shopping sprees, the results have tended towards mediocrity. There is nothing more soul-destroying than buying a clutch of new records that leave you cold. Its the sort of thing that makes you question life itself, what it's all about. Haha. Anyway, I recently bought all this awesomeness:

New Blockaders and Merzbow (Banned Productions CD)
Second Original Silence (Smalltown Superjazz CD)
Teenage Jesus and the Jerks/Beirut Slump - Shut up and Bleed CD
Sic Alps (Siltbreeze LP)
Little Claw (siltbreeze 7")
Hospitals - Hairdryer Peace LP

Also got the MCIAA/ToL CD and Moore/Nace/Flaherty disks forthcoming to my mailbox yes cannae wait!

dude, and fucking purchases? that little claw 7 inch is awesome! and the teenage jesus/beirut slump is a gem! ive been spinning it non stop! its so great to have those tracks widely availible finally. its amazing to me how vicious teenage jesus still sounds today, total skronk punk noise filth!

phoenix 10.12.2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02

I almost bought this yesterday but didn't, got other stuff instead at the moment

is it good?

greedrex 10.12.2008 04:00 AM

yesterday i ordered these:
- Portishead - 3
- Deerhoof - Offend Maggie
- Liars - they were wrong so we drowned
- Rumah Sakit - s/t
- Part chimp - I am come

i know all these Lps by heart but wanted my physical copies. Good stuff.

Trasher02 10.12.2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
I almost bought this yesterday but didn't, got other stuff instead at the moment

is it good?

Yeah! It's even better then I expected. Definately a recommender.

auto-aim 10.12.2008 08:51 AM

batreleaser 10.12.2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto-aim

the coolest record by the coolest band?

auto-aim 10.12.2008 04:13 PM

yeah it took me ages to aquire it... im just coming around to how good it is on about the fourth listen thru. At first i thought it was just like jesus and mary chain/elvet underground crossed with like a manc like northern swagger. but later on you can really get lost into it. I'm looking forward to listening to it more.

viewtiful_alan 10.13.2008 11:48 AM

Lil Wayne On Demand
Some mixtape I got at a shell downtown for $5.

fugazifan 10.14.2008 09:08 AM

so while i was in the states i got these cds (half opf the post is quoted from a previous post of mine)

i got:
SCG-youre never a lone with a cigarette
sir richard bishop-poytheistic fragments (definatly his weakest album, but it was cheap and he is my favorite, and his better albums are harder to find)
fuck buttons-street horsing
goslings-spaceheater/perfect interior
charamlabides-joy shapes
james blackshaw-sunshrine
a collection called-masters of old time country autoharp. its really good. i may upload it for those interested. i just have to figure out how to UL. and it might only be in a few days
mission of burma-signals calls and marches

a smithsonian folkways collection of old time music-excellent songs.

cerberus shoal - chaiming thew knobblssone

ennio morricone-my name is nobody (apparently i got a limited edition copy, thatsz recomended by alan bishop in his morricone article on PSF)

fleet foxes

i think thats it