Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

Keeping It Simple 09.13.2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
I don't mean anything by this but there's a transvestite that works down the road who looks exactly like that.

Does he/she/it get zits?

girlgun 09.13.2010 04:57 PM

i'm not a fan of zits. i don't get them because i have no body oil, but on the off chance i do... i'd pay a quadrillion dollars to make it go away.

knox 09.13.2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Does he/she/it get zits?

no. he/she/it is too fucking good at skincare.

!@#$%! 09.13.2010 05:08 PM

i love smooth soft velvety skin, but this is no criticism of anybody else-- teenagers and virgins will inevitably get pimples-- it's the law. who here hasn't popped volcanos of butter at some point in life? if you get pimply past 20 however see a dermatologist and change your diet. im guessing megan fox gets it from the makeup.

Rob Instigator 09.13.2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgun
this picture was only taken because i do NOT wear pants.

you should GG! lookin HOT!

ploesj 09.13.2010 05:12 PM

i still get zits at 21 from time to time, even with a good skincare regime. it has gotten a lot better, but i'll never have 'flawless skin'... it's just too senstitive. i only have to get nervous or tired and BAM!

Rob Instigator 09.13.2010 05:13 PM

everryone gets zits. ain;t no thang.

I am 37 yrs old, eat very healthy (at least for the past 9 months) and the goddamn zits keep comin.
the worst ones are just on the inside of the nostril....

girlgun 09.13.2010 05:13 PM

you always make me feel good, rob. it's funny... that picture started a crazy amount of other pictures to be taken. that was #1. here is #2.
and btw... the girl i'm with is the most fantastic, brilliant, talented and beautiful girl ever.

Keeping It Simple 09.13.2010 05:16 PM

It's crazy how some people react towards others, no matter how attractive, if they've got zits. They avoid them like they've got leprosy or something. I have no such qualms as I'm not a self-delusional, vain, self-obsessed, vacuous twat who can't see beyond irrelevant things. If I saw Megan Fox or Alicia Keys sat on their own because of a few pimples I'd be over there like a shot to join them for a drink and a chat because they're so damn beautiful.

ploesj 09.13.2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
everryone gets zits. ain;t no thang.

I am 37 yrs old, eat very healthy (at least for the past 9 months) and the goddamn zits keep comin.
the worst ones are just on the inside of the nostril....

haha yeah. my skin is a lot better now but they pop up again from time to time, it's a hormonal thing too i guess. i used to use all the stuff a dermatologist or pharmacist gave me but it only made it worse, my skin got all dry and flaky (i actually have dry skin all over my body, except from a few parts of my face. and it's hyper sensitive to any harsh products)... now i finally found some stuff that works:

and some other things.

Keeping It Simple 09.13.2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
haha yeah. my skin is a lot better now but they pop up again from time to time, it's a hormonal thing too i guess. i used to use all the stuff a dermatologist or pharmacist gave me but it only made it worse, my skin got all dry and flaky (i actually have dry skin all over my body, except from a few parts of my face. and it's hyper sensitive to any harsh products)... now i finally found some stuff that works:

and some other things.

Have you ever tried Pears soap?

ploesj 09.13.2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Have you ever tried Pears soap?

no, but that seems to be... soap. can't really use that on my face. the stuff i showed here doesn't actually contain a lot of soap, the first one is a solid oil cleanser, the second one a 'soap' based on egg whites, lanolin and rose oil. it draws all the dirt out of your pores without drying out your face.

girlgun 09.13.2010 05:33 PM

should be i weirded out that i post a picture and it turns to acne talk?

ann ashtray 09.13.2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Not if keeping it simple is involved, nope.

atsonicpark 09.13.2010 05:36 PM

I think zits make a lot of girls cuter -- just like girls like scars on guys and shit, sometimes. My ex-girlfriend ruined her skin forever because she was so freaked out that, once a month, she'd get zits for a few days. Her dermatologist tried to get her to get on birth control to regulate her hormone cycles, but her "Christian" mom would have no part of it... and instead, agreed to let my ex go free experimental laser surgeries! This was 5 years ago, so I'm sure there's been all kinds of advances since then, but this laser acne treatment was a rare opportunity... free because she was being used as a guinea pig.. now there is tons of permanent scarring, and pot marks in her face. Her acne was not even bad, at all, ever, and now she has permanent scarring, huge red marks on her face and holes in her skin.

Ah wel.

ploesj 09.13.2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

haha don't worry, it didn't really have anything to do with your picture!

atsonicpark 09.13.2010 05:40 PM

The "acne talk" was because of of the picture of Derek's cute friend and slavo said [paraphrase alert] "she's cute besides the zits" or whatever.

atsonicpark 09.13.2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

I got zits in this picture.

ploesj 09.13.2010 05:42 PM

i'm going to wash my face and get some sleep. bye!

Keeping It Simple 09.13.2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
no, but that seems to be... soap. can't really use that on my face. the stuff i showed here doesn't actually contain a lot of soap, the first one is a solid oil cleanser, the second one a 'soap' based on egg whites, lanolin and rose oil. it draws all the dirt out of your pores without drying out your face.

Being an artist I'm sure you'd appreciate the early advertising posters for Pears soap which featured paintings by popular Victorian painters like Sir John Everett Millais and Sir Edward Poynter.

knox 09.13.2010 06:28 PM

everyone gets zits and blackheads now and then (my favorite are blackheads) and it has more to do with genes and skin type than anything else.

_slavo_ 09.14.2010 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek

this is indeed a very nice picture.

Derek 09.14.2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

this is indeed a very nice picture.
It's my favourite out of the bunch definitely.

I'm also enjoying how there's 2 or 3 pages of zit talk because my friend has 2 or 3 spots on her face like everybody else my age does. What a trivial thing.

knox 09.14.2010 11:05 AM

when we should be talking about blackheads and how wonderful they are.

Derek 09.14.2010 11:07 AM

My nose is blackhead central. I think I'm the only one that notices it though.

knox 09.14.2010 11:43 AM

yeah, it doesn't look that way.
god, i love a nose with lots of blackheads.
all you have to do is slide your thumbs from the sides to the centre.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHIaf-x0jo

ploesj 09.14.2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

yeah, it doesn't look that way.
god, i love a nose with lots of blackheads.
all you have to do is slide your thumbs from the sides to the centre.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHIaf-x0jo

haha, wim delvoye. he made a machine that does what your intestines do: turn food into shit.

i love those pore strips, especially studying them afterwards!

knox 09.14.2010 02:09 PM

i sometimes wish i had a microscope.

ploesj 09.14.2010 02:12 PM

i used to have one. it was awesome.

Murmer99 09.14.2010 02:14 PM

everyday i stand in front of my mirror and stare at the dozens of pimples on my face. i stare for hours and hours until my body gets tired. it turns me on. i hope i can meet a beautiful girl who has just as much if not more acne on her face than i do so i can stare at that face and seduce her by moving my tongue close to her zits and she feels the same way i do. someday...

Rob Instigator 09.14.2010 02:18 PM

this page needs more pics of knox and.or ploesj doing ANYTHING

_slavo_ 09.14.2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

It's my favourite out of the bunch definitely.

any chance for you to get together with that particular girl, Derek? you'd make a cute blonde scottish couple.

chicka 09.14.2010 02:44 PM

I've never had a zit in my life. I was a late bloomer 16 years old before I finally had hair down below. Talk about hating to take showers with all the guys after gym class. Couldn't even grow a beard and mustache until I reached 21.

BTW nice looking gal there Derek.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.14.2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

still me, weird pointy shoes.

HOT! And I'm not even one of those foot guys who's into heels.

Next time you ever feel the need to mock me in any sort of debate we have, I will gladly take the harassment.

That is all.

[/perv]

atsonicpark 09.14.2010 03:09 PM

XXX

atsonicpark 09.14.2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

I'm also enjoying how there's 2 or 3 pages of zit talk because my friend has 2 or 3 spots on her face like everybody else my age does. What a trivial thing.

Yeah, Slavo's classic "that blonde chick is cute (minus the acne)" line is now the new "I love meth" as far as "classic" syg quotes go. Haha.

Murmer99 09.14.2010 03:10 PM

this went from people complimenting the girl in derek's pictures, to people talking about zits, then a discussion about blackheads, now people randomly perving over knox and ploesj.

i give up!

Rob Instigator 09.14.2010 03:11 PM

There's nothing random bout it!

Murmer99 09.14.2010 03:12 PM

fair enough, carry on.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.14.2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
(wow, it's so weird to see me with hair! This was right before I got so stressed out all the time that huge ass clamps of hair would exist in my drain every day!

ROGAINE FOAM

Trust me man, I've pretty much been having the same thing happening to me for little over a year or so, and I just started using this shit a few days ago. I'm already starting to see results. I know you're far from the narcissist, but still... do you really wanna be that guy? You're still pretty young, Adam.

Plus, it's such a breeze to use!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZmJHf5Nyc0