Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I like winding up americans (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6365)

Cantankerous 09.24.2006 10:32 PM

just a word of advice: don't take acid in las vegas.

Toilet & Bowels 09.25.2006 08:54 AM

i met a girl recently who was telling me how her grandmother has a shot of rakija first thing when she wakes up and then drinks until noon but she's not an alky, hats off to her grandmother i say.

gmku 09.25.2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
our beer does suck, but you canadians came up with both molson ice AND labatt's.

Big corporate American beer sucks. But fortunately we in the United States have many, many great microbreweries that make beer to rival the best in the world.

Examples of great American brewers: Three Floyds, Rogue, Sierra Nevada (try the Celebration ale around Christmas time), Anderson Valley, Capital Brewing, Brooklyn Brewing, to name just a few of my faves.

gmku 09.25.2006 10:36 AM

Yes. Good stuff--as is everything by Rogue.

Boulevard's also a good brewer, but not as innovative as some of the others I mentioned. But they're a solid brewer, true enough.

o o o 09.25.2006 01:13 PM

i think i read i read once that it was the Czechs who drank the most beer per capita...
in Germany, it seems to me that it really depends from the region: in Bavaria, they certainly drink a lot of beer but here in Berlin I feel it is somehow less the case (but still), i was one night in Cologne and when i ordered a pint of beer in some regular pub, they brought me some small ridiculous little glass (even smaller than the "demi" in France) while i was expecting a half-liter glass like in Munich... and apparently they did not have bigger glasses...

jon boy 09.25.2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o o o
i think i read i read once that it was the Czechs who drank the most beer per capita...
in Germany, it seems to me that it really depends from the region: in Bavaria, they certainly drink a lot of beer but here in Berlin I feel it is somehow less the case (but still), i was one night in Cologne and when i ordered a pint of beer in some regular pub, they brought me some small ridiculous little glass (even smaller than the "demi" in France) while i was expecting a half-liter glass like in Munich... and apparently they did not have bigger glasses...

yeah in berlin you dont get the same thing in other smaller cities i have been too in germany. there you get men just standing around all day drinking. have you been to the kino bar near harkescher hof? they at least ask if you want a small or big glass.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 09.25.2006 01:18 PM

this thread is retarded

gmku 09.25.2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
this thread is retarded

No, it's not. It's "special."

porkmarras 09.25.2006 01:20 PM

Of course crypto,no one has mentioned alcopops yet.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 09.25.2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
No, it's not. It's "special."

okay, fine

gmku 09.25.2006 01:54 PM

Are you on drugs again?

cryptowonderdruginvogue 09.25.2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Are you on drugs again?

what? no

why do you ask?

o o o 09.25.2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
yeah in berlin you dont get the same thing in other smaller cities i have been too in germany. there you get men just standing around all day drinking. have you been to the kino bar near harkescher hof? they at least ask if you want a small or big glass.

no, i haven't been to that one. is it in the actual hackeschen höfe near the cinema?

Rob Instigator 09.25.2006 02:38 PM

I like winding myself into one of these

gmku 09.25.2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
what? no

why do you ask?

No reason. Just asking.

finding nobody 09.25.2006 03:08 PM

Ya know how Americans always impersinate Brits by saying "He's a bloody wanka! Drink a spot uh tea!" ect.
I was cursious how Brits impersinated us. So, I asked Danny Himself. and he said
"Do you want a beer dude?" I think it's pretty accurate

gmku 09.25.2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Ya know how Americans always impersinate Brits by saying "He's a bloody wanka! Drink a spot uh tea!" ect.
I was cursious how Brits impersinated us. So, I asked Danny Himself. and he said
"Do you want a beer dude?" I think it's pretty accurate

"How YOU doin'?"

"Turn on the tee bee. Let's watch da Bears (Cubs, whatever)."

Rob Instigator 09.25.2006 03:44 PM

"do you want a beer dude?" is pretty damn accurate. if I drank that is what I would say. as it stands now, all I say is "do you wanna smoke dude?"

jon boy 09.25.2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o o o
no, i haven't been to that one. is it in the actual hackeschen höfe near the cinema?

no its on the street and under a lot of scaffolding at the moment so its hard to see but its quite nice. they have a few seats outside as well. quite nice. the bar inside is realy great in winter with all the old film posters and candles and stuff. its the sort of atmosphere that gets you drunk if you know what i mean?

Cantankerous 09.25.2006 05:10 PM

rob instigator: the ass man to end all ass men.