Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

kittymagic 06.05.2009 08:28 AM

my mum has heaps of jack keroack books. has any one eva read any of his books?????????????do u think that i should bother trying to read any of them??????coz they look really confusing to me

automatic bzooty 06.05.2009 10:22 AM

i have read on the road more times than anyone should, i reckon. kerouac's not confusing, check him out.

phoenix 06.05.2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittymagic
my mum has heaps of jack keroack books. has any one eva read any of his books?????????????do u think that i should bother trying to read any of them??????coz they look really confusing to me

I don kno but if u red sum more mayb u mite get beta wit werds n stuf u kno???????? I mite hav a gud book 4 u it has pics n stuf. it is confusin but in tha end they all hav cake yey! so its a happi 1.

Sonic Youth 37 06.05.2009 10:28 AM

I lol'd

nicfit 06.05.2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittymagic
i cant read naked lunch coz its not in my mums book shelf

does she keep you locked in a basement?
Coz there are places called libraries / bookshops out there.

automatic bzooty 06.05.2009 10:35 AM

i know, man, it's a big big world out there... but i went aaaaaaaaaaall the way to the library (ONE WHOLE MILE FROM MY HOUSE!!!) and i made it back home okay.

naked lunch is more frightening than the library.
most things are more frightening than libraries, actually. uhm.

nicfit 06.05.2009 10:38 AM

like sarlaccs?

Sonic Youth 37 06.05.2009 10:40 AM

Sarlaccs are cute and fluffy like puppies.

floatingslowly 06.09.2009 12:11 PM

I would keep a sarlacc as a pet, if I could dig a hole deep enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
I flip out fairly regularly, and so I'm pretty good at that now.

I snorted. twice. very loudly. how embarrassing for me. :o

washer 06.10.2009 02:22 PM

hello there, i'm Pedro from Portugal.

i've been visiting the board for a while now, but only decided to register today. Sonic Youth are my all-time favorite band, and probably the one that influenced me the most, since i owe to their music a lot of what i hear today. other favorites of mine are VU, The Fall, Pixies, Fugazi, Unwound, Pavement, the Jesus Lizard, Radiohead, MBV, Animal Collective, The Stooges, just to name a few.

i also have great interest in films, a quick top 5 would be something like: 2001 A Space Odyssey, Magnolia, Breaking the Waves, The Godfather and Once Upon a Time in the West.

well, got nothing else to say right now, see you around. cheers.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.10.2009 02:25 PM

Welcome to SYG, sir. Once Upon a Time in the West kicks major ass.

washer 06.10.2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Welcome to SYG, sir. Once Upon a Time in the West kicks major ass.

thank you. indeed, i actually find it difficult to choose between that one and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but i guess that Once Upon a Time in the West opening scene makes my mind.

automatic bzooty 06.11.2009 06:47 PM

welcome to the board, pedro!

phoenix 06.11.2009 11:50 PM

hello pedro from porto portugal. :)

Shifty Prophet 06.12.2009 07:02 AM

I guess this is where I introduce myself to this board. Hello to all, greetings and what not I am a lover of sound, a bastard child to the gnarly tunes that rub on yr spine, and satisfied with most things in between. I like books,bikes,films,women,and anything one can create with.

Levitate Me 06.12.2009 07:04 PM

Hi everyone. This is me:

I like music and nerdy things. I'm from Canadia and live in an igloo, but it's melting because of global warming. I am also a penguin.

Sonic Youth 37 06.12.2009 07:12 PM

Nice first post Ronaldo.

Levitate Me 06.12.2009 07:18 PM

Thanks mang. Too bad it was my fourth, but it's the thought that counts.

Zombie Robot 06.17.2009 02:36 PM

Name: Zombie Robot
Jams: SY, Pixies, Raveonettes, Lots of Grrl Bands, Sun City Girls, Branca, Chatham, Boredoms, Mogwai, etc.
Random Fact: I Eat Your Hate Like Love
Picture:

Grrr.

verme (prevaricator) 06.17.2009 05:06 PM

hi zombie robot.

you look hot.
jamwise, those are easy names to spit in a sy forum and that was a bit of a turn off, though.

bye.

oh, and there's already one zombie robot character here. two might be a bit too much and eventually condemn you to lameness.

i'm just saying.