Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

shabbray2.0 10.27.2010 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
is 7.95 euros cheap for me in $? Is that cart-only or boxed?

cart only 11,50$

EVOLghost 10.27.2010 05:58 AM

I've been in between Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls.

I wish they would've continued Valkyria on the PS3. PS3 needs more turn based strat!

EVOLghost 10.27.2010 07:25 AM

behold the great power of the PS3. Now with gameboy emus!

http://psgroove.com/?p=1928

noisereductions 10.27.2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
cart only 11,50$

is that worth a 2nd Game Genie to you?

shabbray2.0 10.27.2010 12:24 PM

^^you got mail

I ve bought this boxed for 10 euro, hahahahaha

including manual.

DemonBox 10.28.2010 07:46 AM

Tropico 3 and GTA SA for the moment.

DemonBox 10.28.2010 07:50 AM

And I would be playing Super Smash Bros. if I had Nintendo 64. Best game ever.

noisereductions 10.28.2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonBox

I've never really understood the hype. I have Melee for GCN, and I basically keep it becuz Link rules. But I never play it. I always found the SSB series to be a dumbed-down button-masher party game version of a fighter. Pfft.

Hey you wanna be a SSB Melee Strategy Guide? I have one.

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 08:37 AM

^always preferred powerstone to this.

btw populus is shipped, maybe it will arrive tomorrow, then I could bring the whole thing on its way on saturday.

btw anybody interested in the semi-rare shining soul 2 for the gba?
As I said yesterday I snatched a copy for 10 bucks and now I got a spare cart, without box/manual (I ll keep the box and manual version, hrhrh)

DemonBox 10.28.2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

I've never really understood the hype. I have Melee for GCN, and I basically keep it becuz Link rules. But I never play it. I always found the SSB series to be a dumbed-down button-masher party game version of a fighter. Pfft.

Hey you wanna be a SSB Melee Strategy Guide? I have one.

It's the multiplayer-function that does it for me. Most of all it's nostalgic thing, me and my friends used to play it all the time when I was younger.

noisereductions 10.28.2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

It's the multiplayer-function that does it for me. Most of all it's nostalgic thing, me and my friends used to play it all the time when I was younger.

I guess I understand that. I have no gamer friends IRL. So I don't do much multi-player. Although my wife sort of turned into a gamer this year. But we play a lot of drunk light gun games. And Dr. Mario, Tetris, Mario Bros, TMNT, etc. But yeah with her we do more co-op than vs stuff.

EVOLghost 10.28.2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

I've never really understood the hype. I have Melee for GCN, and I basically keep it becuz Link rules. But I never play it. I always found the SSB series to be a dumbed-down button-masher party game.

Oh man. I love the super Smash Bros series. i think it's brilliant! Though they fuck the physics with every game. I think the nin 64 version has one of the best physics. Brawl's physics are super fucked up, but I love the variety of characters. and some new moves they put in.

I play Smash Bros. a lot with my friends. We go through phases of playing it for 3 months straight then we don't touch it for like 6 months. but yeah....super fun game. It's most fun(like all competetive games) with people as good or better than you.

EVOLghost 10.28.2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

I guess I understand that. I have no gamer friends IRL. .

sorry :(

noisereductions 10.28.2010 09:04 AM

it is what it is,

evolghost & alshab... why you don't join racketboy :(

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 09:12 AM

I will. soon.
I am working on some university stuff and music while posting here every few minutes. after I calm down I will. promised :)

interested in shining soul II? (cartridge only)

noisereductions 10.28.2010 09:24 AM

I just checked Gamestop's website and there's a copy 4 miles away for $5 so I'm all set. :)

EVOLghost 10.28.2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

it is what it is,

evolghost & alshab... why you don't join racketboy :(

I think I might. More retro gaming is in my future. I'm saving up for a new HDD(640g or bgger) for teh ps3. I'm really gonna put more emu's on there and pretty much play everything I've missed.

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

I just checked Gamestop's website and there's a copy 4 miles away for $5 so I'm all set. :)

hahahaha gamestops innit for some real surprises. I would pick it up and sell it on ebay!!!

how much is shadowrun for the genesis over there? (ebay / amazon etc.)

I want that badly, but the only copy available to me at the moment is german ebay for 70 fucking euros

noisereductions 10.28.2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

hahahaha gamestops innit for some real surprises. I would pick it up and sell it on ebay!!!

how much is shadowrun for the genesis over there? (ebay / amazon etc.)

I want that badly, but the only copy available to me at the moment is german ebay for 70 fucking euros

vgpc says Shining Soul II GBA is worth $12 right now. Nothing too extreme. It says Shadowrun on Genesis is worth about $13. (of course, vgpc does not take into account if it's cart or boxed either, it's just an average.)

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 10:04 AM

erm. ok maybe thats an europe thing!
if you can come across a genny shadowrun I would be more then happy (boxed/manual) btw

noisereductions 10.28.2010 10:04 AM

someone I know on RB is selling Shadowrun cart-only for $15 right now:

Shadowrun (faded label) - $15

want me to see how much with shipping to Germany?

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 10:10 AM

boxed with manual please. shadowrun is a game I always wanted to have so this must be the real deal :)

noisereductions 10.28.2010 10:12 AM

sure. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 10:13 AM

thats great, thanks man.
Ill support your GB addictiveness and you my genesis. hahaha I would call this symbiosis, but who is the tree and whos the shroom?

noisereductions 10.28.2010 10:21 AM

hahahaha thinking back to the early 90's, who would have envisioned a world where a Nintendo fanboy and a Sega fanboy could work together?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.28.2010 11:49 AM

If there's any game that I'm practically undefeatable in - it's Super Smash Bros Melee. I'm pretty good at the original too. Samus rules all.

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

hahahaha thinking back to the early 90's, who would have envisioned a world where a Nintendo fanboy and a Sega fanboy could work together?

yes!! we are the living proof that its possible, or we are just lame, hahahah

noisereductions 10.28.2010 01:33 PM

I vote "living proof"

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.28.2010 03:46 PM

I vote "lame", guy(s).

noisereductions 10.28.2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I vote "lame", guy(s).

go mash buttons with some SSB.

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 06:32 PM

haahaha

EVOLghost 10.28.2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

it's on the wii....best way to play it now. gc controller works great!

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 06:35 PM

is it possible on the wii to use an OG GC controller?

noisereductions 10.28.2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

is it possible on the wii to use an OG GC controller?

for GCN games, yes. And then for SOME Wii games. Most Shmups.

go join Racketboy. A couple people say they saw Shadowrun locally and might be able to pick up for you.

shabbray2.0 10.28.2010 08:55 PM

argh.
why are you rushing so much?
do we play counterstrike here, or what? hrhrhr

noisereductions 10.28.2010 09:01 PM

hahahahaha

shabbray2.0 10.29.2010 03:28 AM

I registered!!

noisereductions 10.29.2010 07:17 AM

Quote:

I registered!!

woohoo

atsonicpark 10.29.2010 12:39 PM

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

ATSONICPARK'S TOP 10 PUZZLE GAMES OF ALL TIME LIST:

1. Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League/Planet Puzzle League (Panel De Pon!) - Simply the best. Doesn't get much better than this, when you get into a trance... me and my friend are so good at this game, we regularly do 5- or 6-move combos in a row. One time I got a 20-move combo. His entire screen was a junk block, it killed him instantly. But the BEST is when you get those huge combos and they do it back to you and vice versa/vice versa for whole games. Like, you clear junk blocks and there's combos in those.. or there's real blocks, then junk blocks, then real blocks, junk blocks, and your whole screen is a clutterd mess but you're moving too fast for it to even fucking matter... meanwhile, the game is slowing down because it's just gotten too insane. I've heard that you can pretty easily crash a game if you get keep getting huge combos back and forth. That's insane. I wouldn't be upset, crashing the game with my skills alone. ANYWAY, if you suck at this game, you probably won't like it, and if you've never played with someone else who's good at this game, you probably won't like it, but those who know.. know. I own 4 copies of this game on my SNES. 4. And then I own it on Gameboy Color (Japanese version of POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE my friend got me for X-Mas). And I have the DS version, Planet Puzzle League. They're all good, though nothing beats the SNES version. It's one of 3 games I still own for it (or, 6, I guess: Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, and then 4 copies of Tetris Attack -- I play all my other SNES games on my Dreamcast with no problem; I love those games too much to ever get rid of them, though). Truly amazing!

2. Lumines... would be # 1 except Tetris Attack is fun as a 1-player game AND a 2-player game; Lumines, unfortunately, is only fun as a 1 player game. But yeah.. mindblowing electronic music, made by the Rez/Space Channel 5 guy. What more would you want, honestly? SO addictive. Put 23 hours into this game the first week I had it.

3. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo - Well, I've never lost a match. I am a tournament champion. So I have a great love for it. The dreamcast version "XX" is by far the definitive version... who's everyone's favorite character to play as? I'm always Devilot!

4. Intelligent Qube - ONE MAN RUNNING FROM A CUBE THAT WILL SMASH HIM IF HE DOESN'T GET OUT OF THE WAY. Mindblowingly fun. EPIC soundtrack, sounds like Popul Vuh meets Stars of the Lid. Essential, best game on the PS1.

5. Dr. Robotink's Mean Bean Machine/Kirby's Avalanche (Puyo Puyo!) - Another "Battle puzzle game" (like Tetris Attack and Puzzle Fighter), this one has LOTS of depth, probably more than any other pzuzle game, I didn't think so at first, but eventually -- as with any good puzzle game -- you eventually get in the zone with it. Becomes mindblowing. Definitive version is PUYO PUYO FEVER for the Dreamcast, imo, but I play Mean Bean Machine (I own about 6 copies of this game in different versions.. the Psx Puyo Puys, Kirby, Robotink, Dreamcast one, etc...)... for that battle music, which is my favorite song of all time.

6. Gunpey - Genius. Created by the guy who made Super Metroid; re-released by the guy who made Lumines. Match made in heaven.

7. Puzzle Quest - RPG meets puzzle. Fun as hell.

8. Wario's Woods - Fun as hell.

9. Chu Chu Rocket - Sadly, didn't excite me at all at first. Then, I got it: YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS WITH MORE THAN ONE PLAYER. It's one of those games that just kinda sucks and is bland by yourself (also see: Bomberman). But with a few hardcore players, it's heaven.

10. Bombastic - This game is fucknig AMAZING. SO FUN. Amazing music, tons of ltitle devil babies exploding. I am really really good at this game. You can find this used, for the ps2, for a penny I'm sure.

honourable mentions: Mr. Driller, Kickle Cubicle, Columns, Coluimns 3, Bust a Move 4, Magical Drop, Tecmo Stackers, Puchi-Carat, Crush, Tetrisphere, Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, Wetrix, and Tetrinet (the only version of Tetris I'm putting on here -- no, Tetrisphere and Tetris Attack are nothing like Tetris... if you don't know, Tetrinet is a 6-player online Tetris game where you can attack your opponent's screens.. you can nuke your board, randomize blocks, do all sorts of fun stuff).... Yes, I know I left off Meteos, that's because I haven't gotten the chance to play it more than a few times. Sad. I am buying it soon though!

Amd there you have it!

noisereductions 10.29.2010 12:45 PM

nice list man. I'll have to try to make my Top 10 -- that's a great category. Puzzle Fighter is definitely my #1. I'll dwell on it and get back..

beat Super Mario World (GBA) last night for the millionth time. But I love that game.