Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What gigs are you going to in the coming months? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6735)

pokkeherrie 09.20.2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
it's Incubate week!

I'm open for tips...

I don't expect you to have the same tastes as me, but after last year's Massaker gig I'm looking forward to Caspar Brotzmann's new combo Nohome playing at Paraddox on Sunday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZhW2ZuzpI

Right after that Carlton Melton are playing at Extase. I've seen them a couple of times and they're really worth your time IMO.
http://vimeo.com/53665721

Other than that, it's probaby going to be a lot of usual suspects for me: Vatican Shadow, Prurient, Jon Porras, Evan Caminiti, Barn Owl, My Cat Is An Alien, Head of Wantastiquet, Cut Hands, Pete Swanson, Man Forever, Regression, Fire!, Plankton Wat, Dragged Into Sunlight and of course some Mayhem and Immortal just for laughs.

I'll probably have to skip Tim Hecker as he doesn't fit in my schedule unfortunately.

pokkeherrie 09.20.2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
No Neck Blues Band

Whoa, that's interesting. Do you have any idea whether it's going to be the full line-up?

The last couple of years I've asked four of them when I saw them playing with other bands/projects if NNCK would ever start playing live again and the answers I got ranged from "who knows, but things move very slowly in our universe" being the most positive response to a plain and simple "No, we don't like each other anymore".

_tunic_ 09.20.2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I don't expect you to have the same tastes as me, but after last year's Massaker gig I'm looking forward to Caspar Brotzmann's new combo Nohome playing at Paraddox on Sunday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZhW2ZuzpI

Right after that Carlton Melton are playing at Extase. I've seen them a couple of times and they're really worth your time IMO.
http://vimeo.com/53665721

Other than that, it's probaby going to be a lot of usual suspects for me: Vatican Shadow, Prurient, Jon Porras, Evan Caminiti, Barn Owl, My Cat Is An Alien, Head of Wantastiquet, Cut Hands, Pete Swanson, Man Forever, Regression, Fire!, Plankton Wat, Dragged Into Sunlight and of course some Mayhem and Immortal just for laughs.

I'll probably have to skip Tim Hecker as he doesn't fit in my schedule unfortunately.

thanks for the tips, Nohome is indeed not my type of music, but I'm liking Carlton Melton a lot, so I'll try catch him.
Got a bloody parking ticket tonight :mad: apparently parking is not free in the evening in Tilburg ... I Am Kloot were very nice though.
May go to Poppy Ackroyd instead of Built To Spill.

Have a nice weekend :)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.20.2013 05:32 PM

No love for U-Roy? He's played in LA all of twice in the past twenty years, and possibly helped to invent rap music??

blunderbuss 09.21.2013 02:35 AM

Nate Young
Dum Dum Girls
Chalaque / Metal Rouge / Jon Collin
Magik Markers
Mark Lanegan
Julia Kent
Dylan Carlson / Thurston Moore
Lee Ranaldo and The Dust
The Oscillation
Aun
J Spaceman + Kid Millions / Date Palms / Plankton Wat
Mainliner
Steve Reich
Philip Glass

pokkeherrie 09.23.2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
thanks for the tips, Nohome is indeed not my type of music, but I'm liking Carlton Melton a lot, so I'll try catch him.
Got a bloody parking ticket tonight :mad: apparently parking is not free in the evening in Tilburg ... I Am Kloot were very nice though.
May go to Poppy Ackroyd instead of Built To Spill.

Have a nice weekend :)

ouch... parking ticket costed more than a festival 7-day ticket I presume?

I think we saw a very different festival. Nohome was my fav gig of the entire weekend, also really enjoyed Carlton Melton yesterday.
Saturday it was Prurient and Jon Porras and Friday I didn't see anything that really stood out from the rest, but it was fun all the same.

EVOLghost 09.23.2013 07:27 PM

Body/Head again tomorrow? Probably.

EVOLghost 09.25.2013 05:16 PM

Just got news of takako minekawa performing next month. Fuck. Yes.

blunderbuss 09.26.2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Nate Young
Dum Dum Girls
Chalaque / Metal Rouge / Jon Collin
Magik Markers
Mark Lanegan
Julia Kent
Dylan Carlson / Thurston Moore
Lee Ranaldo and The Dust
The Oscillation
Aun
J Spaceman + Kid Millions / Date Palms / Plankton Wat
Mainliner
Steve Reich
Philip Glass

+ Juana Molina
+ Charlemagne Palestine + Rhys Chatham
+ Loop :cool:
+ Soundheads :cool::cool:

Bytor Peltor 09.26.2013 08:54 AM

One week from tonight: Legendary Pink Dots

stu666 09.26.2013 05:58 PM

Mainliner
Acid Mothers Temple x2
Dylan Carlson + Thurston Moore x2
Borbetomagus
Fushitsusha
The Thing
Body/Head
Lee Ranaldo
ATP weekend 1 (Chelsea Light Moving, Wolf Eyes, Magik Markers, Dinosaur Jr, Lee Ranaldo...)
Dum Dum Girls

pony 09.26.2013 06:04 PM

I will go to Built to Spill tomorrow...
and then see what else is on at Reeperbahn Festival

EVOLghost 09.26.2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Mainliner

Fushitsusha

I'm jealous of most of the gigs you're attending....

but for these two, I'm disgustingly jealous. They're probably playing at Oto too....fucker.

I want to hear the mainliner gig please :D

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.28.2013 09:09 PM

War Paint at the El Rey October 12
Atoms For Peace at Hollywood Bowl October 16 if i can convince my sister to roll with me
Deftones at the Greek (hopefully if my friend can get me some tickets) at the Greek November 1
Subhumans in LA November 3

EVOLghost 10.02.2013 04:55 PM

Guitar Wolf this Friday?

Ghostchase 10.02.2013 09:25 PM

Guitar Wolf on the 9th for me. I missed The Sonics last month, I should get my buns over to see Guitar Wolf.

Dr Chocolate 10.03.2013 08:24 PM

i'm hoping like fuck that i can get to the SNFU show back home next weekend
stupid holidays totally fuck shit up (sometimes)

tesla69 10.04.2013 08:28 AM

Fine set last night at The Stone - All-Guitar SyndaKit
Angela Babin, Cristian Amigo, Debra Devi, James Ilgenfritz, Zach Layton, Ben Tyree, Marco Cappelli, Zachary Pruitt, David Grubbs, On Ka’a Davis, Marc Sloan (guitars)

What is remarkable is even with 11 guitars and 1 bass, it never became noise, but the individual players could be distinctly heard. I will be out of town Sat but Elliott's long running Carbon is playing 2 sets and 2 compositions Saturday 5 Oct

pony 10.04.2013 11:25 AM

Fushitsusha & Otomo Yoshihide
Lee Ranaldo
Metz
Mats Gustafsson
Disappears

EVOLghost 10.05.2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Guitar Wolf on the 9th for me. I missed The Sonics last month, I should get my buns over to see Guitar Wolf.

Dood. Don't leave until they turn off the amps. The guitarist came out and did a song by himself like 10 minutes after the show ended.