Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

Cantankerous 02.01.2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
yeh, you're not famous enough.

no i mean it just looks ridiculous. it clashes with everything as well. blonde goes with EVERYTHING (so does black). so blonde or black are the only two hair colours you will ever see me with again.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
My wife had pink hair last year and it caused no issues in the adult world.

glad to hear it.

Toilet & Bowels 02.01.2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
no i mean it just looks ridiculous. it clashes with everything as well. blonde goes with EVERYTHING (so does black). so blonde or black are the only two hair colours you will ever see me with again.

yeah, with pink hair you have to wear white or black really, anything else clashes too much, like this girl who was at my college, pink hair and leopard print jacket every day for 3 years. garish.

Savage Clone 02.01.2008 06:27 PM

I think that was her main reason for only having pink hair for a month or so.

ZEROpumpkins 02.01.2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

whatever.

Take a damn compliment!

davenotdead 02.01.2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

never

here, this is for you

grazie :)

Cantankerous 02.02.2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Take a damn compliment!

i disagree with him, and i don't take it as a compliment. i don't take it as anything.

you're welcome davenotdead
i look absolutelty mad in that picture though
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
yeah, with pink hair you have to wear white or black really, anything else clashes too much, like this girl who was at my college, pink hair and leopard print jacket every day for 3 years. garish.

yeah i couldn't agree more

gmku 02.02.2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

1973 sears catalogue

Ha ha. Yeah, that's so me like the day after my mom took me shopping at Sears for clothes for the first day of school.

davenotdead 02.02.2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

i disagree with him, and i don't take it as a compliment. i don't take it as anything.

you're welcome davenotdead
i look absolutelty mad in that picture though

yeah i couldn't agree more

why i like it. also, the darker hair color just makes your eyes that much more effective

Cantankerous 02.02.2008 12:05 AM

i do actually agree with that comment about it making my eyes more prominent.
once again, i'm considering dying my hair back but it will be difficult. i doubt it will ever actually happen.

EMMAh 02.02.2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

I wear green, purple, red, brown and dark blue and I don't think my hair clashes at all.
But, I would never wear the same jacket for 3 years, would never wear leopard print, and I definitely change my hair colour fairly often so I don't think I risk looking like that chick haha.
Colourful hair is less boring, I'm doing it purple next. By the time that's gone from my hair I'll have to get a job. Lame.

EMMAh 02.02.2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

at some fucking carnival i was dragged to when it was warm outside, that dress was a poor choice of attire as i discovered later on this ride that flips you upside down
i look ill
i don't think i was very happy about being photographed

Great picture. I like your facial expression and don't really think you look dead.

Cantankerous 02.02.2008 12:29 AM

thanks emma
i just don't think i can get away with the odd hair colours anymore. i feel ridiculous.

and i have finalised my decision - the blonde stays. i feel it suits me better, etc. my hair, which is getting quite long and is very dirty and stringy, actually looks very good right now even given the state i'm in.

EMMAh 02.02.2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

thanks emma
i just don't think i can get away with the odd hair colours anymore. i feel ridiculous.

and i have finalised my decision - the blonde stays. i feel it suits me better, etc. my hair, which is getting quite long and is very dirty and stringy, actually looks very good right now even given the state i'm in.

I get sick of random people looking at it, like fuck off. And no one will really hire me (not that I've been trying to get a job). Other than that it's fine. But, you're older than me I think and probably do more things.
Anyways, I agree that you should remain blonde for the time being. You look good blonde.

_slavo_ 02.02.2008 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
I get sick of random people looking at it, like fuck off. And no one will really hire me (not that I've been trying to get a job). Other than that it's fine. But, you're older than me I think and probably do more things.
Anyways, I agree that you should remain blonde for the time being. You look good blonde.

Adding my five cents to the discussion - blonde suits Catanky all right, but black gives her appearance something extra. Some mysterious aura or whatever you name it. You know, the combination of pale white skin and dark raven hair. So I'd go for back to black if I were you.

_slavo_ 02.02.2008 10:35 AM

Taken on a trip in Poland, 2005:

gmku 02.02.2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Adding my five cents to the discussion - blonde suits Catanky all right, but black gives her appearance something extra. Some mysterious aura or whatever you name it. You know, the combination of pale white skin and dark raven hair. So I'd go for back to black if I were you.

At the same time, it's just hair.

What is this obsession? Are we what, going to try out for Make Me a Supermodel or something?

_slavo_ 02.02.2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
What is this obsession? Are we what, going to try out for Make Me a Supermodel or something?

Do you get that feeling? I don't. Catankerous likes to put her pics up here, we like to comment on them. Not more, not less.

nicfit 02.02.2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
At the same time, it's just hair.

bah, I think that's mainly because she's been here for a good while and us "old regulars" have fun commenting stuff regarding others old regulars.

Great pic _slavo_!
pm me anything you'd like to add to youknowwhat if you have ideas/requests :D!

cryptowonderdruginvogue 02.02.2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
I love it, your glasses are cute too.

thaankssss
:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Emo is dead man.

NO IT'S NOT! :(

hahaha

cryptowonderdruginvogue 02.02.2008 12:29 PM