Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I like winding up americans (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6365)

GeneticKiss 09.24.2006 12:06 PM

How come everyone can find good 80x80 avatars except me?

Tokolosh 09.24.2006 12:19 PM

Tokolosh 09.24.2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
How come everyone can find good 80x80 avatars except me?

Because you'll probably need to adjust the specific one you like in photoshop or a similar application.
Need help?

atari 2600 09.24.2006 12:33 PM

I resized them in the beginning until I figured out that the message board software actually doesn't usually even really require resizing as it specifies.
Bear in mind that you will get an error message stating that your image wasn't successfully uploaded, but it's hogwash.

Since it sounds like you could do with a free program though, I recommend IrfanView, GeneticKiss.

porkmarras 09.24.2006 12:53 PM

For the record:
I don't actually wind americans up.I did yesterday in the pub but only because this guy was being a jerk to my friend and we put him in his place.I've created this thread only to wind atari up because it's fun and i knew he'd fall for it.

porkmarras 09.24.2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
it requires thought and skill

And experience.Nothing better than being sarcastic with a tender smile on your face.

Cantankerous 09.24.2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
And experience.Nothing better than being sarcastic with a tender smile on your face.

oh, well if that's what he was talking about, i do that all the time.

ni'k 09.24.2006 05:22 PM

my name is luka, i live on the second floa-or!

Glice 09.24.2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
Yeah, it's quite the group we have here.

We got porkmarras, Cantankerous, Toilet & Bowels and Pookie who are in competition as to who is the lamest board member who is utterly oblivious as to how lame they are.

He's right in a sense. This board is clearly too stupid to pick him up on this utterly ridiculous statement. EVERYONE IS LAME. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE ON THE INTERKNOB. That includes you, smartarse.

As regards booze: the Germans can drink anyone under the table. I've never met an Australian who could handle their booze (apart from the ladies). The French destroy when it comes to wine. The English are a nation of masochists. The Irish win on duration (Hence Guiness being the national drink). Anyone defending lager is hereby devoid of taste, unless it's one of the rare decent eastern-European lagers. Lager is death, but whatever gets your rocks off. Any American has no idea about beer, and thus can fuck right off. Honestly, Americans and beer are no friend. I'll accept they do a decent Bourbon here and there, but beer they just have not the slightest. Regards '100%' Vodka, that wouldn't be Vodka. It'd be Methanol. I have drunk Poteen and Fenny, and even that's c.85%+, no where near 100%.

Diesel wins, because he's a Geordie.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.24.2006 07:47 PM

I see I'm accused of being neutral here! Well, that I am. But that doesn't mean I don't think some people are morons and such, I simply don't think its worth it to argue with anyone here. I see no point in making enemies on a message board. Basically, I love you all. I'm such a hippie.

In regards to the drink. You all know Russians can slam vodka at any hour of the day, (most of the time, all hours of the day) but Russian beer is nice too, I suggest you all try this:

I'm also American so I'll stick up for a brew from the States, Sam Adams anyone?

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.24.2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypertonic
Boulevard from Kansas City is one

YES! I had loads and loads of this when I was in Kansas City a few months back. Harpos in the Plaza, I think...

I don't know, are you a Kansas Cityian?

atari 2600 09.24.2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I see I'm accused of being neutral here! Well, that I am. But that doesn't mean I don't think some people are morons and such, I simply don't think its worth it to argue with anyone here. I see no point in making enemies on a message board. Basically, I love you all. I'm such a hippie.

---
Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
We can all learn a thing or two regarding staying neutral.

Well, at least I know I can.

Glice 09.24.2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест

In regards to the drink. You all know Russians can slam vodka at any hour of the day, (most of the time, all hours of the day) but Russian beer is nice too, I suggest you all try this:

I'm also American so I'll stick up for a brew from the States, Sam Adams anyone?

Balls. I entirely neglected to mention that Russians are incredible drinkers. I was over there age 19 for a fortnight, and their beer and vodka destroyed me. Still, I'm older, wiser, and thicker liver now. I could take those commie bastards. Raaaaar.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.24.2006 07:59 PM

Cheers, Atari.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.24.2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Balls. I entirely neglected to mention that Russians are incredible drinkers. I was over there age 19 for a fortnight, and their beer and vodka destroyed me. Still, I'm older, wiser, and thicker liver now. I could take those commie bastards. Raaaaar.

Just think of how many Soviet leaders were drunk ALL the time. And of course, Boris.

Makes me weep to hear of so many non-Russians that have been to Russia. ARGH! I'll get there eventually.

Perhaps being Nebraskan also means you can out drink the lot of people.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.24.2006 08:11 PM

You won't need the coat, the vodka will keep you warm.

atari 2600 09.24.2006 09:14 PM

Be sure to save some of the vodka for when it starts to stop snowing now.

Norma J 09.24.2006 09:44 PM

Wait! We can't stop here! This is bat country.

Cantankerous 09.24.2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
ha i wana go to vegas but i want it to snow when i'm there. i maybe ask for too much sometimes but if i take my stuff then it could well snow even in the middle of summer

oh. well come with me then.

Cantankerous 09.24.2006 10:25 PM

no. i would take you if i could afford it though.