Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mix Tapes Round 3 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5781)

porkmarras 10.04.2006 03:08 PM

Conspiracy theory.Conspiracy theory.

Pookie 10.04.2006 03:14 PM

Mine went to Bytor and sonicl's should have gone to nefeli.

All the tapes went at the same time, and the overseas ones went airmail, so maybe it's a case of waiting a bit longer.

I've said to Bytor Peltor that if my tape doesn't arrive before I send out round 3, then I'll just re-record and send two. I made a copy for myself, so it'll be no trouble just doing some more artwork.

Danny Himself 10.04.2006 06:12 PM

Ooooh who's getting my tape 'eh?

jimbrim 10.05.2006 05:35 AM

I think i might get involved in the next round (if youre doing one) if thats cool.

sonicl 10.05.2006 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbrim
I think i might get involved in the next round (if youre doing one) if thats cool.

Head to http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6646.

I'd like to see sun city girl involved on this too. I reckon he'd produce a damn good tape.

sonicl 10.05.2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
ok, i still havent recieved mine from round 2.

Apparently you're supposed to get mine. I'm quite sad if it's gone missing, as I really enjoyed making it and was pleased with the tracklisting. If it doesn't ever turn up I'll rerecord it for you, but I won't be able to that until I move house, as I don't have access to my records until then.

Do you want to know the tracklist?

sonicl 10.05.2006 07:01 AM

No, I included a tracklist with the tape, but I sealed it around the edges so that the person who received the tape wouldn't read it until after they'd listened to the tape.

Pookie 10.05.2006 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
will be very sad if its gone missing also. lets wait bit longer..thank you.
track list, when i listen to it, will tell you.
(so am doing wrong, writting tracklist along with tape..? ruins the suprise).

Have you had experience of receiving parcels from the UK? How long does it normally take? It's been about a month now. I know it takes 3-5 days normally to get to America.

I think I'll have to think about how I send future tapes overseas to ensure they don't get lost or can at least be traced.

porkmarras 10.06.2006 01:35 PM

I'm re-listening to my third mixtape after over a month i compiled it.It's as good as it was meant to be after a myriad changes but whoever recieves it will be slightly confused by the tracklist on side A wich i wont change on the grounds of the music being that good.

Danny Himself 10.08.2006 11:47 AM

I still haven't recieved a tape from this. How goes the sending, Pookmeister?

Hip Priest 10.08.2006 12:01 PM

There's only been two rounds of tapes sent out. The third are yet to be distributed.

Glice 10.11.2006 06:40 AM

How close are we to sending these Dr Pookie?

porkmarras 10.11.2006 07:12 AM

I was meant to give mine to pookie on Sunday but i forgot.Silly,silly me!!As i'm so late for this round,should i just give it a miss and send it for round 4?

Glice 10.11.2006 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
My tape is a Halloween Mix......very scary and evil sounding:D

Sure hope someone receives it before Halloween!

Hehe. We don't really get excited about Halloween here, on account of having livestock sacrifices two or three times a week. Still, sounds exciting. There are parts of mine which are quite distressing, but in an exciting way. It's ace. My mixtape owns.

Danny Himself 10.11.2006 10:23 AM

I want your hallowe'en mix. Danny likes the pagan holidays.

Pookie 10.13.2006 03:53 AM

I'll update later tonight. Been doing lots of vomiting the last couple of days, so haven't had time.

sonicl 10.13.2006 03:55 AM

Too much vodka?

Pookie 10.13.2006 04:02 AM

Boringly, just a virus. A very nasty virus, mind. Not one of those indie viruses. A really hardcore, stomach-churning, vomit-inducing, life-changing*, life-THREATENING*, gut-wrenching virus. A virus SOOOO horrible I had to have two days off work. Yes TWO DAYS. That bad.

*These things may not be true.

sonicl 10.13.2006 04:05 AM

Gosh! That sounds nasty.

Did you lose any weight?

porkmarras 10.13.2006 04:05 AM

Sounds like a grindcore virus there.I prescribe three sessions of Enya,two doses of Kate Bush and half a Millenium Prayer.If that doesn't work,come back to see me next tuesday and we'll try something else.