Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   favorite member of wu-tang clan? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31687)

Toilet & Bowels 06.07.2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
that's a good album.

Anyone have the import GHOSTDOG sndtrk? It's the actual score by RZA, not the Wu-tracks.

Yes, I picked it up in Japan as I think that's the only place it got released

Toilet & Bowels 06.07.2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i like the black motherfuckin bitch slappin homie who is rad in the hood breaking with the bitches and gold bling in teeth and has no vowels in his mother fucking name...bitch!

yes, stereotypes, well done.... (oh look, an irish person who is stupid!)

Toilet & Bowels 06.07.2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

ha! funny an instrumental rap album....the irony!!!

yes, you are right, it is ironic that you would be able to buy an intrumental album of a form of music that started out as instrumental.
listen: hiphop actually started out as an instrumental form of music, if you read a book (if you can read a book?) you'll see it was around for a good while before people started putting vocals to the music. and the instrumental aspect has stayed present ever since, most rap albums in the 80s would have an instrumental DJ track, plus there have been people like mantronix, dj shadow, rjd2, & countless turntablists over the years... all doing instrumental stuff.

noisereductions 06.07.2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
yes, you are right, it is ironic that you would be able to buy an intrumental album of a form of music that started out as instrumental.
listen: hiphop actually started out as an instrumental form of music, if you read a book (if you can read a book?) you'll see it was around for a good while before people started putting vocals to the music. and the instrumental aspect has stayed present ever since, most rap albums in the 80s would have an instrumental DJ track, plus there have been people like mantronix, dj shadow, rjd2, & countless turntablists over the years... all doing instrumental stuff.

well put.

_slavo_ 06.07.2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

plus on hip-hop singles you usually have an instrumental version of the track as well.

uhler 06.08.2009 10:54 AM

1. gza 2.masta killa 3. rza

noisereductions 06.08.2009 11:10 AM

Plus a lot of instrumental hip hop albums are quite rewarding on their own... DELTRON 3030, INSTRUMENTALIST, COLD VEIN (or anything El-P produced really), so on and so on.

cuneyt81 06.08.2009 11:24 AM

hmmm...tossup. Ghostface, GZA and RZA. Ghostface because his albums are the most consistent. GZA because he's made what is easily the best solo WuTang album. And RZA because without his production, these albums wouldn't be as good.

noisereductions 06.08.2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuneyt81
And RZA because without his production, these albums wouldn't be as good.

This is actually a really good point. If we're not just talking about mic skills, then ENTER, LIQUID SWORDS, TICAL, IRONMAN, SUPREME, ONLY BUILT, and RETURN TO THE 36 are all RZA (produced) albums. Which is sort of unreal.

wellcharge 06.08.2009 12:00 PM

yeah, rza's role as producer is so important, somebody like Ol Dirty bastid would be hopeless without a quality producer to give him direction(and was on some later stuff)

supreme isn't really rza produced though,only a few tracks(including the worst track)

noisereductions 06.08.2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
supreme isn't really rza produced though,only a few tracks

good call. I was typing faster than i was thinking.

atsonicpark 04.11.2010 05:12 PM

What's the worst track --
if you're talking about track 13, with the "vinyl stopping" sound in it, that's one of my favorite tracks! (though Nutmeg is my fav)

I think rza is my new fav. I love his flow, his voice, his rhymes, his beats.

batreleaser 04.12.2010 01:53 AM

Inspectah Deck is the most underrated, Ghostface is the best, Gza is the coolest, ODB was the craziest, RZA is the most important.

wellcharge 04.12.2010 10:19 AM

that's not it, i refuse to clarify on this obvious point, seriously look which tracks are produced by rza and it will be clear which is not as good as the others
Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
if you're talking about track 13, with the "vinyl stopping" sound in it, that's one of my favorite tracks! (though Nutmeg is my fav)

I think rza is my new fav. I love his flow, his voice, his rhymes, his beats.

noisereductions 04.12.2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
if you're talking about track 13, with the "vinyl stopping" sound in it, that's one of my favorite tracks!

OMG I love that track too!! "Watch out Starks, sharks!" hahaha

chicka 04.12.2010 10:53 AM

Old Dirty Bastard for me. Story behind it: I was living in a halfway house, I'm in my 40's and this young punk if I remember correctly he was 19, anyways he worshiped Wu-Tang and turned to me and said "You'll never be able to tell me the name of a Wu Tang member". I replied ODB and his jaw hit the floor and all the rest of the guys standing around lol'ed.....

_slavo_ 04.12.2010 12:27 PM

Just listen how Method Man delivers on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Z_B7UQ5bU

atsonicpark 04.12.2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge
that's not it, i refuse to clarify on this obvious point, seriously look which tracks are produced by rza and it will be clear which is not as good as the others

..?

I dunno, I like every track on Supreme, honestly.

The Earl Of Slander 04.12.2010 07:21 PM

Also, one of the others RZA produced on Supreme was Child's Play, and that's another standout track for me. Along with pretty much every other track on the album haha.

noisereductions 04.12.2010 07:28 PM

"when Biggie died they came out with Biggie Fries..."