Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

✌➬ 01.08.2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku

Pervert.

drrrtyboots 01.08.2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
I'm posting one more, from today, because it makes me laugh

Been there before.

Kina 01.08.2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Where is this?

It's the Pitt Street sushi train near Myer

ZEROpumpkins 01.08.2008 07:34 AM

I thought so!! Asakago or something, isn't it?

Kina 01.08.2008 07:37 AM

Haha something like that yeah

Rob Instigator 01.08.2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Haha I framed that picture for my dad for father's day and it made him cry when he opened it. It was weird cause my dad like never cries.
I just noticed I'm chewing my cheeks in two of the pictures in my first post. I need to stop doing that fuck.

when I was in 5th grade I made the honor roll for the first and last time and I was mad a"patrol" at school, and we were supposed to keep the kids cool while w eall waited for teh school buses. I had a shash and everything. well, my brother and outr best friends used to make fun of me because I woudl walk around as patrol chewing my cheek as I scoped out everythintg.

lame story. sorry

screamingskull 01.08.2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Haha I framed that picture for my dad for father's day and it made him cry when he opened it. It was weird cause my dad like never cries.
I just noticed I'm chewing my cheeks in two of the pictures in my first post. I need to stop doing that fuck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
when I was in 5th grade I made the honor roll for the first and last time and I was mad a"patrol" at school, and we were supposed to keep the kids cool while w eall waited for teh school buses. I had a shash and everything. well, my brother and outr best friends used to make fun of me because I woudl walk around as patrol chewing my cheek as I scoped out everythintg.

lame story. sorry

Chewing Cheeks,

ok i thought that i was the only person in the word that did this (other than Sarah Jessica Parker, who does it, and can even been seen in episodes of Sex and the City doing this).

I can't stop it, my mum hates it, i do it until they bleed most of the time.
I'm actually doing it right now.

floatingslowly 01.08.2008 12:43 PM

is this the right place to post about my undying obsession with Women from Oz?

no?

tough titties.

Rob Instigator 01.08.2008 01:25 PM

Here is myself at work today. My messy office.

m1rr0r dash 01.08.2008 01:43 PM

me with my grandparents at my wedding

...i was 23. got divorced three years ago...

EMMAh 01.08.2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
Chewing Cheeks,

ok i thought that i was the only person in the word that did this (other than Sarah Jessica Parker, who does it, and can even been seen in episodes of Sex and the City doing this).

I can't stop it, my mum hates it, i do it until they bleed most of the time.
I'm actually doing it right now.

Cheek chewing can really make you look like an idiot sometimes haha. Sometimes my mouth is like on the other side of my face if that makes sense.
I don't know anyone else who does it either (besides you guys now haha) It's gotten pretty bad though, I don't chew til I bleed but my teeth are really worn down from it and hurt sometimes.
But hey, it's not as gross as biting your nails or eating scabs or boogers.

EMMAh 01.08.2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash

Your grandparents are so cute! You're smile is very nice also :D

EMMAh 01.08.2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Here is myself at work today. My messy office.

You look like you're thinking about what to do with yourself haha.

m1rr0r dash 01.08.2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Your grandparents are so cute! You're smile is very nice also :D

aww, thanks.

racehorse 01.08.2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

i love this photo. there's definately something about it... your grandfather's expression... it's eerily melancholic... especially for a wedding... you also look pretty young in the photo, which just makes the pic. more interesting... great picture.... makes me think of that famous grant wood painting, for some reason.

Rob Instigator 01.08.2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

weird! I was 23 when I got married and I got divorced 2 years ago!

davenotdead 01.08.2008 02:31 PM

what the hell... I chew my cheeks as well... this is odd to have so many cheek chewers on one forum

m1rr0r dash 01.08.2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse
i love this photo. there's definately something about it... your grandfather's expression... it's eerily melancholic... especially for a wedding... you also look pretty young in the photo, which just makes the pic. more interesting... great picture.... makes me think of that famous grant wood painting, for some reason.

he's not sad ...he's just really old. he was in his 90s when i got married, he turned 101 this summer. he's usually pretty upbeat, he just looks that way. also he's forgotten any english, and since i barely speak any spanish and he's doesn't really have any hearing or vision left anyway, the only way for me to talk to him anymore is to get someone to translate very loudly directly in his ear... but aside from his vision and hearing, he's still going strong... both physically and mentally. since he can't see or barely hear who he's talking to, he'll grab both your forearms and pull you close to him... as he talks he moves his hands on your arms and wrists, a firm grip for emphasis or a searching caress when he's finished speaking and he's trying to judge your reaction...

here's a photo of him in the 60s....

from left to right: my grandmother, my aunt, i'm fairly certain the guy shielding his eyes in the back is my uncle who died before i was born, my older cousins (his kids) in the front, my grandfather on the far right...

my other aunt (mother of the children) is probably taking the picture.

Rob Instigator 01.08.2008 02:42 PM

fucking cool man.

My grandma is 93 and I hope she is around another 10 years cuz she rules all, but you never know....

m1rr0r dash 01.08.2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

weird! I was 23 when I got married and I got divorced 2 years ago!

...yes, i believe it is the gen-X way... we were born eight months apart also... so you were a year out of college when you got married? (or still 3 credits away from graduating if you were slow like me...)