Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

ploesj 01.13.2009 08:53 AM

welcome!

greedrex 01.13.2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-p a. niemi
Guess it's time to start posting

Name: Aku-Pekka

Music: SY, Anthony Braxton, Wolf Eyes, Sunn O))), Melvins, Boris, Dälek, Hero Dishonest, Tom Waits, Echo Is Your Love, Fugazi, GY!BE, Marion Brown, Page France, Raoul Björkenheim, Peter Brötzmann, Death Cab for Cutie, Laivue, M.A. Numminen, John Vanderslice, The Antlers, John Coltrane etc

Films: Jean-Luc Godard, Jim Jarmusch, Brazil, Tideland, La Battaglia di Algeri, Taxi Driver, Clerks, Les quatre cents coups, Zombie ja kummitusjuna, Cha Cha Cha, I Hired a Contract Killer, Funny Games, 71 Fragmente einer C
hronologie des Zufalls, Der Baader-Meinhof Komplex, 28 Days Later, Fitzcarraldo, Die Blechtrommel etc

Writers: Charles Bukowski, Pekka Kejonen, Franz Kafka, Henry Miller, Kurt Vonnegut, Mika Waltari, Jack Kerouac etc

Random fact: I spent 9 months in Finnish army, in Parola Armoured Brigade as a drummer for Panssarisoittokunta (The Armour Band)

You'll find friends here by the looks of the above lists. welcome.

joe11121 01.19.2009 10:22 PM

Name: joe
Sex: male
Hobbies: Musician, rollerblading, soccer, etc.
Jams: way to many to write down here.

ZEROpumpkins 01.19.2009 10:24 PM

The youngest boardie? I joined when I was 14.

joe11121 01.19.2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins

okay stupid question here.. what's a boardie?

StevOK 01.20.2009 12:04 AM

A person that posts on a message board.

joe11121 01.20.2009 12:05 AM

haha okay thanks

deadrockstar 01.31.2009 06:23 PM

Name: yeah, right.
Age: barely 27, so I have at most a year to either become an adult or die. I suppose they haven't proven that dying is all that bad.

Music: SY. Had an MRI scan a few days ago and really got off on all the banging. They let me blast out DDN when I was in there. So yeah, SY and MRI scans - preferably together.

Films: The Celebration, Downfall, The Reader, Borat, Heath Ledger's Joker performance

Authors: Umberto Eco, George Orwell, Paul Auster.

Random Fact: I can play the Bagpipes. I can play The Cure's "The Walk" on stylophone. I once played the Funeral March movement of the Chopin Piano Sonata No. 2 in a church during a coffee morning swarmed with old people.

al shabbray 01.31.2009 06:36 PM

with the last sentence youve eraned yourself a heartwarming welcome.
willkommen

deadrockstar 02.01.2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
with the last sentence youve eraned yourself a heartwarming welcome.
willkommen

It's the only thing I can play on keys using more than one finger and both hands.

Youth_Against_Facism 02.06.2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins

I joined when I was 13. :cool:

cars_willkillyou 03.04.2009 08:15 AM

i joined when i was in the womb. fuck you.

Kuwa_Slayne 04.08.2009 10:14 PM

Name: Steve

Some favorite bands: Sonic Youth, Steel Pole Bath Tub, The Black Angels, Bardo Pond, Melvins, Pentagram, Galaxie 500, MBV, Holly Golightly, Oblivians, Beach House, VU, The Kinks, A Place to Bury Strangers...

Hobbies: Snowboarding, Reading, Writing, Music/Live shows, Films

Authors: George R. R. Martin, Dostoevsky, McCarthy, Bukowski, Ito, Hino, Shakespeare, Robert E. Howard, Arthur C. Clarke...

I'm not much of a boardie type of guy, but once I stumbled on this site I was hooked. Tried to join for months now. Everybody here has some great taste in music/entertainment.

StevOK 04.08.2009 11:47 PM

Welcome, fellow Steve! You seem like you'll fit right in here.

atsonicpark 04.08.2009 11:53 PM

Wow, I never did this!!!

Name: adam cooley

Music:
autechre, boredoms, glenn branca, captain beefheart, caroliner, cerberus shoal, dazzling killmen, descendents, dun, experimental dental school, fennesz, gastr del sol, hot snakes, ryoji ikeda, jandek, jesu, lovesliescrushing, man or astro-man?, mass of the fermenting dregs, merzbow, mong hang, number girl, harry partch, polvo, renaldo and the loaf, screeching weasel, secret chiefs 3, servotron, six organs of admittance, slowdive, stars of the lid, sun city girls, the residents, thinking fellers union local # 282, toddle, volcano the bear, the wipers, iannis xenakis, zazen boys... etc

Films: films by giuseppe andrews, dario argento, larry cohen, david cronenberg, brian depalma, abel ferrara, shozin fukui, lucio fulci, stuart gordon, frank henenlotter, werner herzog, [early] peter jackson, alejandro jodorowsky, lloyd kaufman, ki-duk kim, takeshi kitano, h.g. lewis, david lynch, takashi miike, gasper noe, chan-wook park, martin scorsese, jan svankmajer, shinya tsukamoto, brian yuzna, john waters, john woo ... etc

Writers: j.g. ballard, william s. burroughs, jack kerouac, carlton mellick iii, kenji siratori

Random fact: I think girls that looks like boys are sexy. But I think boys are gross.

Better_Than_You 04.09.2009 01:18 AM

i fucking did this shit and you guys sucked at greeting me.

but i forgive you.

nicfit 04.09.2009 02:08 AM

And yesterday was your birthday.

floatingslowly 04.09.2009 10:45 AM

hell-o atsonicpark and nicfit!

welcome to the sonic youth message making system.

would either of you care for a cocktail?

nicfit 04.09.2009 10:52 AM

I can't afford to feed a dog, sorry. But thank you!

Derek 04.09.2009 10:58 AM

So registration is enabled? westernquinox now has a gateway again?