Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

EMMAh 12.11.2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
please become a model or an actress

Hahaha, maybe I'll become an actress if I ever get over my anxiety. I'll do cheap infomercials ;)

Torn Curtain 12.11.2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
the photo from my rail card from 2005

i look so young

I think you look like Christina Ricci on that pic.

nicfit 12.11.2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
I think you look like Christina Ricci on that pic.

Exactly what I was thinking. A mix beetween young Ricci and Tora Birch.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 12.11.2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Hahaha, maybe I'll become an actress if I ever get over my anxiety. I'll do cheap infomercials ;)

EMMAh 12.11.2007 03:32 PM

I was thinking Christina Ricci too, but it's only really in that picture.

nicfit 12.11.2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

I was thinking Christina Ricci too, but it's only really in that picture.

True!

EMMAh 12.11.2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue

I'm waiting for a nervous breakdown. Then I'll pop the pills.

davenotdead 12.11.2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The Burger King is real and posts in the Sonic Youth Forum!

hahaha...i' be lying if i didnt confirm him as a hero of mine...

edit-You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rob Instigator again.

uhler-thanks mang

luxinterior 12.11.2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dionysusundone
Honestly, I'm okay with people not liking it. It is what it is. I just wonder at the people that react so harshly considering they're on a Sonic Youth board...the same band that wrote "Eyeliner". And I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe no one here owns any David Bowie, NY Dolls, Nick Cave, Stooges, etc, records...all of whom have worn make up.
As far as the reason I wear it goes, I've never thought of it as 'trying to look pretty' or anything like that. I just think of it as an art thing..using the body as canvas. I don't feel that I NEED it for anything, whether it be playing a show or otherwise, I've gone on stage plenty of times without it. I just feel it adds something to the presentation, a way of standing out from the myriad of indie bands we regularly play with.

Yes, this. I agree with this.

the ikara cult 12.11.2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Picture my friend took of me looking cracked out as hell haha

Crikey, thats beautiful.

Dead-Air 12.11.2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dionysusundone
Honestly, I'm okay with people not liking it. It is what it is. I just wonder at the people that react so harshly considering they're on a Sonic Youth board...the same band that wrote "Eyeliner". And I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe no one here owns any David Bowie, NY Dolls, Nick Cave, Stooges, etc, records...all of whom have worn make up.
As far as the reason I wear it goes, I've never thought of it as 'trying to look pretty' or anything like that. I just think of it as an art thing..using the body as canvas. I don't feel that I NEED it for anything, whether it be playing a show or otherwise, I've gone on stage plenty of times without it. I just feel it adds something to the presentation, a way of standing out from the myriad of indie bands we regularly play with.

I haven't liked much goth since they stopped calling it "death rock", but you state your case so well, I'd certainly be interested in checking out your music. It's one thing to be provocative, and entirely something more to do so and actually think about it!

ALIEN ANAL 12.11.2007 09:49 PM

sorry for the nudity!
im bored and at my gfs, shes at work

and comment me, i dont post pics too often..especially shirtless ones
:P

luxinterior 12.11.2007 09:51 PM

Are you going to regret this later, like Julian and his photos of himself shirtless?

ALIEN ANAL 12.11.2007 09:53 PM

im not stoned or drunk

so i dont think so...hopefully...haha

dionysusundone 12.11.2007 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I haven't liked much goth since they stopped calling it "death rock", but you state your case so well, I'd certainly be interested in checking out your music. It's one thing to be provocative, and entirely something more to do so and actually think about it!

Funny you should mention 'deathrock' as I feel the same way regarding 'goth'...there is a new deathrock scene however, which is more where I come from in the first place...lots of amazing bands playing no-wave influenced music with a darker edge, along the lines of Birthday Party or Malaria!...you might check out The Vanishing, or Naked On The Vague for a taste to what I'm talking about...

As far as my own band goes, we're working on our myspace page now, should have some stuff online soon.

Rob Instigator 12.11.2007 11:57 PM

I'm starting a band and it will be hilarious and so fucking rockin' that we will all get thick pubes.

dionysusundone 12.12.2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
why anyone would wanna reinvent something thats already been done is far beyond me. i just think it goes to show how much shitty music is coming out now, as well as how uncreative people are. "we cant do anything new, so lets start a hardcore band and add a hint of noise to it".

bleh.

Because it's slightly more personally fulfilling than making poorly thought out and terribly written attacks on random people via the internet, I suppose.

dionysusundone 12.12.2007 12:39 AM

And yeah, for the record, I'm not a goth. This is how I look most of the time.

ALIEN ANAL 12.12.2007 12:41 AM

damn u and your properly growing facial hair

Cantankerous 12.12.2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Picture my friend took of me looking cracked out as hell haha

oh you are a SEXY BEAST