Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

chemicalromance 07.18.2008 11:45 AM

This is my first message so go easy on me people! :)

I'm 27, male and English.

I've been a SY fan for a long time now and I've finally got round to joining.

BTW, my screen name has nothing to do with the terrible band of a similar name.

vegans4veal 07.21.2008 02:08 PM

HAI.

I'm a kid from London. I like punk, noise, black metal, doom and anything along those lines. Favourite bands are probably Current 93, Melvins, Sonic Youth, Crass and (not a band, but...) Leonard fuckin' Cohen.

I also like hating people, existentialism, nature, curly hair and uhh.. expanding my mind so to speak.

demonrail666 07.21.2008 07:11 PM

welcome Chemicalromance and vegans4veal. Oh and vegan, no fears of expanding your mind here, and you'll have plenty of opportunities to brush up on your hating people skills.

acousticrock87 07.21.2008 09:15 PM

And how.

chemicalromance 07.24.2008 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
welcome Chemicalromance and vegans4veal. Oh and vegan, no fears of expanding your mind here, and you'll have plenty of opportunities to brush up on your hating people skills.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I can expand my mind in some way on this forum. If not, I'll just leave. ;)

Cantankerous 07.24.2008 07:32 AM

hello, i'm cantankerous and my mother is a crazy bitch and i want to hit her but i can't because she's far away.

nicfit 07.24.2008 07:33 AM

grow longer arms.

welcome to all the actual new members!

Cantankerous 07.24.2008 07:34 AM

i couldn't have longer arms if i tried

my arm only reached as far as chicago

nicfit 07.24.2008 07:38 AM

uff, you're no fun, email or fax her a slap or send them over with a taxi ride.

Cantankerous 07.24.2008 07:40 AM

i managed to stay calm for 20 minutes on the phone.

and then i couldn't take it anymore and went on a verbal rampage and then i hung up.

_slavo_ 07.24.2008 07:41 AM

herbal rampage? sounds like fun.

Cantankerous 07.24.2008 07:43 AM

verbal rampage.

people getting pissed off about stupid little things that have absolutely no relevance to anything, especially not to me and my situation, and then bitching to me about it = NO.

_slavo_ 07.24.2008 07:48 AM

I know, cantanks, I know. I'm only having my "annoying-15-minutes-per-day" moment now.

Cantankerous 07.24.2008 07:55 AM

also i hate hypocrites

basically what she was bitching about was my grandma calling her and reminding her of someone's birthday, which she does every time it's someone relevant's birthday. no big fucking deal, correct? i accept it. it's annoying, but who cares, there's maybe 5 birthdays in my family all year. well. mom thinks grandma needs to "stop treating her children like they're fucking two years old and i already had this conversation with her AND IT EATS AWAY AT ME [ed. note: she actually said that] and she can't accept people for who they are blah blah fucking blah blah blah"

okay.
1. why should i care? why do you care, it's not even a big deal? get over it or at least shut up.
2. most people don't accept people for who they are. the odds are against you. deal with it.
3. YOU don't accept people for the way they are, my dearest mother, by telling them not to do something that you know they're going to do anyway because they're not going to fucking change for you. hypocrisy at it's finest.
4. THANKS FOR WASTING 45 MINUTES OF MY PRECIOUS TIME ON THIS EARTH. BITCH.

god damnit.

MellySingsDoom 07.24.2008 07:59 AM

That does sound like some pointless stuff for yer mum to get wound up over. I'm surprised you lasted 20 mins of that, to be honest...

Cantankerous 07.24.2008 08:02 AM

i had the phone on speaker and i was just sitting there like "uh huh" and then i got tired of her shit.

sorry, mom, even you are not safe from my wrath.

MellySingsDoom 07.24.2008 08:08 AM

I've often found with relatives/friends that they'll talk about stuff that is trivial to the point of me wanting to smack myself on the head with a 2 by 4, then (finally) end up asking, "Look, what's really going on with you?". I used to have a real "I don't give a shit about your problems" attitude to this, but as I get older (and closer to people), I tend to engage with people a lot more, even if it does drive me nuts at times.

Mostly Harmless 07.28.2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
indiana rules.

Fuck yes it does.

pedestrian 07.30.2008 09:16 PM

This a true story followed by another true story:
When I was 13 I had become obsessed with a girl who loved Sonic Youth (however, when I was 13 it was cool to like Sonic Youth becuase the grunge dudes said so) so I became obsessed with Sonic Youth. Which is a good reason, if you ask me. Anyway, one day I talked my dad into letting me listen to Dirty in the car. But it only lasted a second until he said, "Can we take this out? It's really just too noisy." Which is what parents say.
True story #2:
I now have a 13 year old son of my own - a defiant little skate punk that I'm just so proud of - and the other day we were listening to Dirty in my car. But it only lasted a second until he said, "Can we take this out? It's just a bunch of noise." Which, I guess, is what kids say too.
This seems odd when you consider what an accessible record Dirty is in SY terms.
And that's all you really need to know about me.

terriblecanyons 07.30.2008 09:39 PM

Haha, awesome story.
If I ever get knocked up somehow and 13 years later my kid loved SY, I'd be happy.