Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alphabet Band Name Game (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33226)

_tunic_ 05.04.2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
There once was a band called Post Ejaculation Depression.
Never heard anything they did. Their records could be found on flee markets.

They are on Youtube

The Specials

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 05.04.2020 04:41 PM

UNWOUND!

_tunic_ 05.04.2020 04:42 PM

Uzeda
This is like the Italian Ex, they exist for 30 years and I've never listened to them. Very cool stuff though!

somebody forgot the Q ......
and Unwound was already mentioned

The Soup Nazi 05.04.2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
somebody forgot the Q ......

Q-hating bastids in this thread, man.

Quiet Sun

Next is V.

The Soup Nazi 05.04.2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
already in this thread.

I searched for The La's and didn't get any results; maybe it was an apostrophically-riddled ish.

The Soup Nazi 05.04.2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

so how is the ocd medication working for you?

You can be an utter waste of oxygen when you want to, which unfortunately is a lot of the time. All those "Thank God for mental illness" memes... Fucker. I'll come clean: I've lost two people in my family due to mental illness. Both killed themselves. Those pics of lithium pills you posted once, saying, "Here's your medal"? One of them was taking them - evidently they didn't help much. If you call me, or a believer in magical tax cuts, or a believer in imaginary friends, or a careless coronavirus-spreadin' mook an idiot, that's one thing. Laughing at genuine, torturing, incapacitating mental illness only exposes you as a piece of shit.

!@#$%! 05.04.2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
You can be an utter waste of oxygen when you want to, which unfortunately is a lot of the time. All those "Thank God for mental illness" memes... Fucker. I'll come clean: I've lost two people in my family due to mental illness. Both killed themselves. Those pics of lithium pills you posted once, saying, "Here's your medal"? One of them was taking them - evidently they didn't help much. If you call me, or a believer in magical tax cuts, or a believer in imaginary friends, or a careless coronavirus-spreadin' mook an idiot, that's one thing. Laughing at genuine, torturing, incapacitating mental illness only exposes you as a piece of shit.

so you’re saying that your habit of ceaselessly raging at stupid shit over silly “rules” is due to incapacitation, and not justified/justifiable as “someone else’s fault” which gives you the right to etc?

well, that’s self-awareness, and therefore progress...

!@#$%! 05.04.2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I searched for The La's and didn't get any results; maybe it was an apostrophically-riddled ish.

IT DOESN’T FUCKING MATTER. LA’S, LEE, IT DOESN’T FUCKING MATTER AND IT’S NEVER BEEN THE POINT OF THE GAME.

take a laxative & unclench a little for fucks sakes.

!@#$%! 05.04.2020 10:16 PM

anyway i think it was v’s turn?

VERUCA SALT

The Soup Nazi 05.04.2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

so you’re saying that your habit of ceaselessly raging at stupid shit over silly “rules” is due to incapacitation, and not justified/justifiable as “someone else’s fault” which gives you the right to etc?

That is a complete misreading of what I said. I never talked about myself, for starters, but about two dead people I really miss. What I wrote was about you being repulsively callous regarding what can be a horrible disease, something you continue with:

Quote:

well, that’s self-awareness, and therefore progress...

And then, as usual, you vulgarly fly off the handle:

Quote:

IT DOESN’T FUCKING MATTER. LA’S, LEE, IT DOESN’T FUCKING MATTER AND IT’S NEVER BEEN THE POINT OF THE GAME.

take a laxative & unclench a little for fucks sakes.

!@#$%! 05.04.2020 10:26 PM

that was satchmo sitting on the toilet. he reportedly passed his laxatives around while dining with the queen of england and had the whole table cracking up with laughter.

anyway it’s W time.... is W.C. a band?

anyway, W is next

The Soup Nazi 05.04.2020 10:29 PM

^ No idea what you just posted. Forget it, we're done.

!@#$%! 05.04.2020 10:39 PM

i’ve only made fun of your uncontrolled perma-rages, especially when inflicted upon minors, and to hide your shit behind those people you mention is the real fuckup here.

ANYWAY

w...?

choc e-Claire 05.04.2020 11:59 PM

"Weird Al" Yankovic, unless some of us get annoyed...

Windy & Carl.

_tunic_ 05.05.2020 06:52 AM

Sylvain Xylophone

!@#$%! 05.05.2020 07:33 AM

the obvious YYYs

g. 05.06.2020 05:44 AM

Ash.

NYCgaf16 05.06.2020 06:01 AM

Blank Banshee

NYCgaf16 05.06.2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

the obvious YYYs

i think i already mentioned them

!@#$%! 05.06.2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16
i think i already mentioned them

yeah, happens often in this thread since the early days :)

so what letter is next?