Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   10 things you would describe as mindblowing (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35363)

_slavo_ 02.24.2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Every time I use cocaine, I complain about how it doesn't even get me high, yet continue to shell out hundreds upon hundreds in a night on the shit. I still can't wrap my mind around why all my brain wants is coke, yet when I'm on coke, I'm still not satisfied. Ever.

this is one of the saddest things I've read in a long time.

davenotdead 02.24.2010 04:30 AM

1. being good pizza
2. really able to walk out
3. sex ra
4. sun while in love
5. inappropriate
6. concoctions outfits
7. vogueing chances
8. second
9. indian dumped
10. getting food

Rob Instigator 02.24.2010 10:08 AM

1. eating three hash brownies and peaking as Phish is ending their second encore after two 1 and a half hour sets.
2. a perfect fit 69 with my lady
3. the view at the Grand Canyon, no matter how many times I see it, it is always amazing standing there
4. the Rockets winning their first NBA championship.
5. Cross The Breeze turned up to 11
6. Bruegel's art
7. House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski
8. sitting through a category 4 hurricane from 10:00 PM to 6:00AM with no power. so LOUD
9. going to NYC and realizing it ain't all that
10. Astronomy Picture Of The Day

chrome noise tape 02.24.2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
my imagination.

also.

batreleaser 02.24.2010 05:11 PM

blood meridian
absalom, absalom
for whom the bell tolls
gravity's rainbow

batreleaser 02.24.2010 05:11 PM

raw doggin virgins

phoenix 02.24.2010 07:43 PM

that there is no more raisin toast in the freezer. It fucking blows my mind.

what the fuck. :(

the ikara cult 02.24.2010 07:47 PM

Boredoms - Super AE
FlowerCorsanoDuo - The Radiant Mirror
Radiohead - Ok Computer

Musicwisethatis

demonrail666 02.24.2010 08:46 PM

'Call of the Wighat'
Cairo
Dancing to 'Strings of Life' in a field.
Fishing
Fucking way above your station
Trevor Brooking
Girls fighting
Elvis' 'American Trilogy'
Invocation of my Demon Brother

batreleaser 02.25.2010 06:23 PM

Gettin hooked on blow is lame and only possible when you're loaded with cash. It goes good with tequila sometimes but what a boring ass drug that makes you anxious, over talkative and impotent. Take EX.

Genteel Death 02.25.2010 06:53 PM

My beard.

Inhuman 04.19.2011 04:35 AM

Coke is bad - n'ik said it. There's little redeeming about it. The price sucks, you're often snorting what's been up people's asses, it's cut to shit, and it can be pretty mentally damaging.

I had a horrible experience with coke. The first few times that I had it, I had a blast. But I ended up doing it at a party once and it was terrible. I was shy, then took it, and became immediately social and talking at a very fast rate and had my eyes open very wide, to the point that people found it pretty weird. Now I didn't know anyone at the party, so they started questioning my behavior. My eyes were all http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2523/...be8c14504c.jpg. I heard them talking and my buddy said "dude, people are noticing that you're acting a bit odd". I got pretty paranoid and I was also coming down at this point, and sat down waiting to leave and spectating conversations. I just wasn't 'all there' and nothing made sense around me. People started thinking I was autistic or schizophrenic on top of being on coke, and were being total douchebags like trying to talk about conspiracy theories to me.
The experience demonstrated how someone is treated when having a strong psychotic mental illness and how closed-minded some are. But anyway, you get the gist.
Cocaine can make people pretty psychotic, and transforms peoples personalities if they get addicted.
Just take some pure molly a couple of times a year and you'll be MUCH better off.

EVOLghost 04.19.2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I was shy, then took it, and became immediately social and talking at a very fast rate and had my eyes open very wide, to the point that people found it pretty weird.

Yeah, I've stopped doing taht stuff last month. I noticed how I am and well...it's kind of weird sometimes. It sure as hell gets you talking to people like nothing....but...yeh. I also start "chewing marbles" if ya know what i mean and my jaw is sore the next day and well it's super hard to suppress the jaw's movement.

DeadDiscoDildo 04.19.2011 01:38 PM

yeah fuck cocaine, it turned my best friend into a psychopath and he got on even heavier drugs and cased close.

Tried it a few times, thank god i never got into it too much. Can't understand why I didnt get addicted to it. I'm more addicted to pot, makes no sense.

SONIC GAIL 04.19.2011 01:50 PM

^SAME HERE. IT IS QUITE APPARENT HOW ADDICTIVE MY PERSONALITY IS. iT JUST PISSES ME OFF IN THET LONG RUN

SONIC GAIL 04.19.2011 01:50 PM

forgot my caps lock sorry

floatingslowly 04.19.2011 02:03 PM

the best thing about coke is, meth heads can't afford it.

however, the most mind-blowing thing of all is that people still use it.

that said, if you find yourself in need of ridding yourself of an addict (any will do), simply tell them (as frantically wild eyed as possible) that they "are welcome to come inside, but the place is REALLY hot as the cops have been around asking about them. of course I told them I have no idea who you are....but they might still be watching so you better come in".

in no time at all, they'll be out of your hair.

I hope this helps.

:)

EVOLghost 04.19.2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinnikpasswordforgetter
embarrass yourself more than you ever thought possible.

this is why I stopped.

EVOLghost 04.19.2011 03:22 PM

^ well......I was in the presence of a person I cared about.

Inhuman 04.19.2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah, I've stopped doing taht stuff last month. I noticed how I am and well...it's kind of weird sometimes. It sure as hell gets you talking to people like nothing....but...yeh. I also start "chewing marbles" if ya know what i mean and my jaw is sore the next day and well it's super hard to suppress the jaw's movement.

Yeah certainly, it makes me chew too and also dehydrates me as much as molly. Ugh horrible shit...

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
this is why I stopped.

Same...I'm sticking to the occasional morphine, and I don't do anything else.