Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rank Major SY Releases by Preference (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3148)

Trasher02 06.20.2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
Rank Major SY Releases by Preference

lunberg 06.20.2006 01:18 PM

Rankings don't mean anything but let's have fun:
1) Sonic Nurse
2) Daydream Nation
3) Murray Street
4) Sister
4) Washing machine
6) A thousand leaves
6) Rather Ripped
8) Dirty
9) Evol
10)EJSTNS
11) NYCGF
12) Goo

Never heard 'Confusion is Sex' .

acousticrock87 06.20.2006 02:19 PM

I'm not going to rank all of them, but my top five, in order, are:

Daydream Nation
EJTNS
Confusion is Sex/Kill Yr. Idols
Rather Ripped
Sister

Everyneurotic 06.20.2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Even though Jetset gets the bad press most of the time(and that's because quite a few folks believe everything that they read),it happens to be one of my favourite SY albums...

so true, you can also observe that people rank daydream nation as their best and sister as their second best because the press seems to be stuck in those two albums.

daydream took me the longest to get into, for sometime it was the only sy album i didn't like. now i love it, though i wouldn't mind not hearing teenage riot for the rest of my life.

Vodka Goblin 06.20.2006 03:27 PM

The noiziest first then the others put 'em in order of noiziness reely the noiziness is gud y'kno cos its noizi 'n' evryfin so just list em like that right.

porkmarras 06.20.2006 03:33 PM

Shut up Assblaster or i'll sodomize you in front of everyone!

SonikJesus 06.20.2006 04:33 PM

Top 5

1. Sonic Nurse
2. Daydream Nation
3. Goo
4. Sister
5. EVOL

But I love all of their other stuff too. I don't disike any of their albums but I don't totally love every one of them. But seriously, Nurse is so good. Every song on it rocks. It's a masterpiece.

Gookid 06.20.2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Shut up Assblaster or i'll sodomize you in front of everyone!

:eek:

AllHandsOnTheBigOne 06.20.2006 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
so true, you can also observe that people rank daydream nation as their best and sister as their second best because the press seems to be stuck in those two albums.

Bullshit.

max 06.20.2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssBlaster
I wouldn't say that...Daydream Nation has been my favorite since I first heard it....without reading any press on it (I didn't read much press about anything in 1993)....

this pretty much sums it all.

what a hardcore fan we have. really.

you should really shut up after this. dare to answer you're fucking dead.

umjammer atomsk 06.20.2006 09:07 PM

My '80s yoof in order:

Daydream Nation
Bad Moon Rising
Sister
Evol
Confusion is Sex/Kill yr Idols
Sonic Youth

Gookid 06.20.2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Huh? I don't understand what you mean? Since I replied, does that mean I'm dead? Funny, I feel alive.

I think Max knows voodoo. Prepare to be voodoo'd.

HaydenAsche 06.20.2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
You're totally proving my point. People just believe certain albums are better than others because of what other people influence them to believe, not because they are actually good, or because you have formed a true opinion. Why should I believe anything aout RR because of what you or anyone else on this forum says? LOL

WRONG

I don't believe certain albums are better than others because of what other people influence me to believe. Quite the contrary actually. The only people I knew before I joined this forum only knew the newer, more boring Sonic Youth. They loved it and thought that CIS/KYI was just a bunch of pointless noise. Even though these people hated the old SY it remained my favorite.

Saying that everyone here is a 'clone' or has 'horrible taste' is not only idiotic, but terribly WRONG. I still think that the newer Sonic Youth is better than 80% of albums put out today. It just isn't interesting enough for me to listen to.

Daycare Nation 06.20.2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
WRONG

I don't believe certain albums are better than others because of what other people influence me to believe. Quite the contrary actually. The only people I knew before I joined this forum only knew the newer, more boring Sonic Youth. They loved it and thought that CIS/KYI was just a bunch of pointless noise. Even though these people hated the old SY it remained my favorite.

Saying that everyone here is a 'clone' or has 'horrible taste' is not only idiotic, but terribly WRONG. I still think that the newer Sonic Youth is better than 80% of albums put out today. It just isn't interesting enough for me to listen to.

I said that almost everyone is a clone in regard to their view of the new album, which is a true statement.

dark heat 06.20.2006 09:47 PM

1. Daydream Nation
2. EVOL
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Murray Street
5. A Thousand Leaves
6. Washing Machine
7. NYC Ghosts & Flowers
8. Sister
9. Rather Ripped
10. Sonic Nurse
11. Goo
12. Confusion Is Sex
13. Experimental Jetset, Trash & No Star
14. Sonic Youth
15. Dirty

Daycare Nation 06.20.2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Who influenced our opinion? All of the media have given it great reviews!

I know, idiot--that reinforces my viewpoint, not YOURS. What I am saying is that the outside world and Daycare Nation love Rather Ripped....you people are suffering from dementia.

dark heat 06.20.2006 09:51 PM

what? don't drag me into this shitfest.

Daycare Nation 06.20.2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

But, when it comes to Daydream Nation, the media is who made us love it?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR LOGIC. OR WAIT...ARE YOU JUST SAYING...NO MATTER WHAT YOU'RE RIGHT?

I didn't say that--that was Everyneurotic.

What I said is that the good people of the forum got that idea by "sucking each other's dicks," metaphorically speaking....Mind you, I'm not saying you're a homo--I leave that for you to say.

dark heat 06.20.2006 09:55 PM

yeah, dude, you got me. sorry, I'll change it and throw CiS on top.

dark heat 06.20.2006 09:57 PM

Dirty it is then.