Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sonic Youth Dating (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28994)

cars_willkillyou 01.23.2009 04:08 AM

btw, liquid limbs is a 2 piece band. And they sound the same live as they do recorded, better live actually...I like their music a lot, but I have also been to like 30 of their shows. at least.

DeadDiscoDildo 01.23.2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
i love them. Actually, I think a couple of the members now play in a band called the papercranes, fronted by Rain Phoenix. One of my good friends (who actually introduced me to For Squirrels) now plays guitar for that band.

here's some bands modern bands:
papercranes
hospitals on the moon
impossible shoelace
liquid limbs

they can all be found on myspace.

hell yea. This band i was into from atlanta (sovus radio)'s singer got me into for squirrels. I think they played a show with the guitarist travis tooke right before they broke up, from what I gather, tooke is still playing and putting out solo albums. after a long break from the biz, which is understandable if u know their history.

cars_willkillyou 01.23.2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
hell yea. This band i was into from atlanta (sovus radio)'s singer got me into for squirrels. I think they played a show with the guitarist travis tooke right before they broke up, from what I gather, tooke is still playing and putting out solo albums. after a long break from the biz, which is understandable if u know their history.

yeah, its fucking tragic.

uhler 01.23.2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
i had a cook out at my house in downtown gainesville, and my roommates at the time invited their friends. 2 of the members of hot water music showed up. I never really paid close enough attention to remember the names. I just felt dumb when I introduced myself and said they looked familiar.

i wouldn't know if the drummer came to one of my parties. i remember the bass player cause he's balding. of course, i'll know the two guitar players and singers.

choc e-Claire 03.06.2019 06:30 PM

Haha, y'all were pretty tragic back in the day.

!@#$%! 03.06.2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Haha, y'all were pretty tragic back in the day.

wait 20 years and read your threads again :D

choc e-Claire 03.06.2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wait 20 years and read your threads again :D

Oh god, I can already imagine the cringe...

!@#$%! 03.06.2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Oh god, I can already imagine the cringe...

if you start laughing TODAY, that’s 20 years of hilarity, easy

works like compound interest!

EVOLghost 03.06.2019 09:17 PM

I’m at 11 years and I cringe hard sometimes. Mainly when I first started hahaha