Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best new/most anticipated albums: 2017 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=114364)

PLips 01.24.2017 06:53 PM

Lovin the Madmen Single for the Series Finale.

I never thought Cocaine could bring world peace but wow! There it is.

The Soup Nazi 01.25.2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
A Pink Sunset For No One [download only, apparently] — Noveller (February 10)

Correction: it'll be out on CD and LP via Fire Records.

greenlight 01.26.2017 02:50 AM

have anyone of you heard new Lawrence English´s Cruel Optimism yet? I haven´t . it´s out. this is going to be my today´s late evening listening. so happy it is up on a bandcamp. if it is going to be good I am getting physical release.

Severian 01.26.2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
have anyone of you heard new Lawrence English´s Cruel Optimism yet? I haven´t . it´s out. this is going to be my today´s late evening listening. so happy it is up on a bandcamp. if it is going to be good I am getting physical release.

Wait, I thought that wasn't out until February... ?

I've heard one song, "Object of Projection," and it's nice, meaty bit of drone featuring Thor Harris. But that's the only song that's available as far as I can see. The other songs are grayed out on Bandcamp (and elsewhere), and it's saying the album comes out Feb. 17.

:(

Severian 01.26.2017 11:26 AM

The new Botany is good. Better than Deepak Verbera. Unfortunately, it seems as though he might have peaked early with Lava Diviner, as nothing since has quite has the same effortlesssly magnetic sound. But I'm willing to give Raw Light II more time and attention, because so far it's been a nice listen.

greenlight 01.26.2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Wait, I thought that wasn't out until February... ?

I've heard one song, "Object of Projection," and it's nice, meaty bit of drone featuring Thor Harris. But that's the only song that's available as far as I can see. The other songs are grayed out on Bandcamp (and elsewhere), and it's saying the album comes out Feb. 17.

:(

oh, bollocks you are right. i havent noticed. they are greyed out plus i have read review on it somewhere already. i was looking forward to listen to it tonight.

guest 01.26.2017 10:57 PM

orion - s/t [cool death records]

dank new wave somehow procured from the gutters housing some of sydney's finest (members of m.o.b., whores, low life, oily boys). miraculously elegant pop songs belying the minds from which they're drawn. ecstatic band in the flesh, too. remarkable how such an inescapable hole of a city, all miserable facades and grandstanding, is starting to produce the best emotionally resonant music this country has to offer.

_slavo_ 01.27.2017 06:14 AM

Quote:

I did. I don't like it that much, to be honest.

greenlight 01.27.2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I did. I don't like it that much, to be honest.

disappointed to hear you did not like. now it is kinda put off for me now.

_slavo_ 01.27.2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

disappointed to hear you did not like. now it is kinda put off for me now.

I need to give it a couple of proper listens though.

Severian 01.27.2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I need to give it a couple of proper listens though.

But how have you heard it? It's not out yet. What am I missing here.

Severian 01.29.2017 01:05 PM

Ok, well, this is officially one of my favorite new albums after thorough listening:

It's Botany's best since Lava Diviner, and while it doesn't really blaze any trails to speak of, it's just an extremely rewarding listen. I'd recommend to fans of Prefuse 73 and Stereolab and Madlib.

Severian 01.31.2017 08:43 PM

Hey y'all... this one's good.

Avec Le Soleil Sortant De Sa Bouche - Pas Pire Pop (I ♥︎ You So Much)

Severian 01.31.2017 08:46 PM

So is this (obviously). Though I think the tracklist could be better. Feels like some gems are missing.

guest 01.31.2017 08:57 PM

new shackleton is predictably nuts for those who are so inclined

Blood_Promise 02.01.2017 07:21 AM

greenlight 02.01.2017 07:59 AM

hehe, prodigy goes from raves to nwo themes, at least that is from I get from the cover.

greenlight 02.01.2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
new shackleton is predictably nuts for those who are so inclined

cheers.

Severian 02.01.2017 10:27 AM

Blanck Mass - World Eater, March 3, 2017 (Sacred Bones)

In lieu of a new Fuck Buttons album, this is pretty much the best I could hope for from that camp. While I still await the follow-up to 2013's Slow Focus with baited breath, Blanck Mass is a decidedly less rockist project, one that has proven itself over the past year and a half as being fully worthy of Fuck Buttons lineage.

Fuck Buttons - "Please"

_slavo_ 02.01.2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
But how have you heard it? It's not out yet. What am I missing here.

found it on Soulseek. :)