Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   favorite member of wu-tang clan? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31687)

atsonicpark 06.04.2009 09:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnKGL...eature=related
aka ghostface saying, "quit downloading my albums!"

haha

He is right, though, considering 50 cent and shit selling a billion copies a day is ridiculous...

krastian 06.04.2009 09:41 PM

^ Gotta love the drum head collection in the background.

atsonicpark 06.04.2009 11:03 PM

On the other hand...

Unlike the average hip hop musician, he has shown little or no concern about illegal downloading, for he simply wants to be seen and heard. He was once asked if he was worried about illegal downloading of his music:
“ Naw, when I make music, I make it to be heard, personally. And, if somebody download it, if they heard it, then my job was delivered. Of course I love to make the money. I get million dollar album budgets, so of course there's money involved with it. But, personally, as a musician, as an artist, the first thing is to be seen and heard. If you're not seen and heard, who cares? I was talking to Jim Jarmusch and he was like, somebody see his film, the guy's happy. He don't care. He wants somebody to see his art and appreciate it and that's how I feel about my music also. I never got pissed off at the Internet kids with the downloading. In fact, I told them, 'Help yourself. Have a good time.- RZA

atsonicpark 06.04.2009 11:14 PM

RZA has stated Ennio Morricone, Mark E. Smith, Syl Johnson, Marley Marl, Augustus Pablo and Danny Elfman as musicians he is fond of.

MARK E SMITH!?

For some reason, I can't see RZA rocking out to "Spector vs. Rector".. but maybe!

kittymagic 06.05.2009 06:57 AM

RZA is my favourite coz he did that album 'the world according to RZA' with all those european people

noisereductions 06.05.2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittymagic
RZA is my favourite coz he did that album 'the world according to RZA' with all those european people

that's a good album.

Anyone have the import GHOSTDOG sndtrk? It's the actual score by RZA, not the Wu-tracks.

Kallisti23chaos 06.05.2009 11:16 PM

RZA- close second- Ghostface

PAULYBEE2656 06.06.2009 07:44 AM

i like the black motherfuckin bitch slappin homie who is rad in the hood breaking with the bitches and gold bling in teeth and has no vowels in his mother fucking name...bitch!

jennthebenn 06.06.2009 08:11 AM

"I got beef with commercial-ass niggas with gold teeth"--Raekwon

PAULYBEE2656 06.06.2009 08:59 AM

ha! funny an instrumental rap album....the irony!!!

jennthebenn 06.06.2009 09:25 AM

Sometimes they can be cool companion pieces.

chairman of the bored 06.06.2009 10:18 AM

which solo RZA record would people recommend? i have like 10-15 wu-related albums, but not a single solo rza

The Earl Of Slander 06.06.2009 10:57 AM

Bobby! Bobby! Digi! Digi!

I understand why it's not seen as a true Wu classic by a lot of people, but personally I fucking love it.

Danny Himself 06.06.2009 11:09 AM

Digi Snacks is the best Bobby Digital album

Everyneurotic 06.06.2009 11:33 AM

ghostface, odb and the rza, in that order.

ghostface live was great, he was telling his dj to skip tracks everytime he didn't want to do a song, he skipped like about 30 songs.

The Earl Of Slander 06.06.2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Digi Snacks is the best Bobby Digital album

I don't actually have Digi Snacks. Will have to check that out. Like I said though, I think "...In Stereo" isvery underrated, although that's partly because it was one of the first Wu albums I ever bought.

Danny Himself 06.06.2009 01:44 PM

Yeah it is, I didn't mean to diminish its status in any manner by the way. It is great. "Domestic Violence" and "Mantis" rule. I just think Digi Snacks is generally more focused and cohesive, acheiving maybe what RZA set out to do with the Bobby Digital character finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHXGhuzmw_A "Can't Stop Me Now" - album version is much longer btw, has a verse from Inspectah Deck and a long intro skit..

The musical textures on this Digi Snacks are really fantastic, evidenced sort of by the above video there.. the guitar sound, the vintage-soul sounding vocals.. his rhymes on this album are all great too. I can't even explain why I like it so much but its one of my favourite Wu-related albums after Liquid Swords.

Satan 06.06.2009 01:47 PM

Danny Himself 06.06.2009 01:49 PM

shame on you when you step through to the ol dirty bastard straight from the brooklyn zoo

wellcharge 06.06.2009 02:43 PM

i like digi snacks alot but i think it's kind of half ass sometimes, i love the ideas but some of the songs are executed in a corny way, they were alot better live, long time coming is good on the album, but live it was pretty much the best track i've ever heard in my life