Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Effects (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8597)

scott v 12.18.2007 12:53 PM

Interesting DIY i found that i made lastnite:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Looper/

except i modified it by wiring in a volume pot to the output since the signal is extra strong and wired it so i can get a dry signal while the loop is engaged, otherwise the way it is outlined only the loop is heard. nice lo-fi cheapo budget version of the boss loopstation but much more limiting, though thsi thing could be great for those into noise.

CHOUT 01.05.2008 01:40 PM

I've been selling pedals to fund my new studio monitors...ive never mixed anything on anything but headphones and stereos so I'm excited.

anyone get anything lately?

krastian 01.05.2008 01:44 PM

I ordered a used Digitech Death Metal Pedal on Ebay, but it hasn't arrived yet. The sound samples on the Digitech website were pretty tight though.

soapbars 01.05.2008 01:44 PM

hmm since my last pic, ive got a bass micro synth and that boss ps-2,

ill take a pic tomorrow sometime and post it up,

nicfit 01.05.2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOUT
I've been selling pedals to fund my new studio monitors...ive never mixed anything on anything but headphones and stereos so I'm excited.

anyone get anything lately?

I got studio monitors :D! but it's off topic.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.05.2008 01:56 PM

I got a stereo pulsar. I think I'm done for awhile. I want to get a HOG, but they are mighty expensive.

soapbars 01.07.2008 08:59 AM

for your pleasure:

CHOUT 01.07.2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
I got studio monitors :D! but it's off topic.

may be, but this seems to be the most buoyant thread about gear, so...
what monitors did you get?
I got some of these yamahas:

nicfit 01.07.2008 01:40 PM

ueeeh!
I got a pair of yamaha hs 50 M :) we're monitor buddies (you're the big brother). For my little room they're MORE than enough powerful, I love the balanced response and they're just about perfect for the monitor stands I bought.
and they're sexy looking too.

CHOUT 01.07.2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
ueeeh!
I got a pair of yamaha hs 50 M :) we're monitor buddies (you're the big brother). For my little room they're MORE than enough powerful, I love the balanced response and they're just about perfect for the monitor stands I bought.
and they're sexy looking too.

nice! mine are supposed to be here tomorrow...can't wait.

krastian 01.08.2008 12:16 PM

I got that Death Metal pedal yesterday....it's ah-ite. Those things are more toys than anything really.

My buddy/longtime bandmate is looking to get some nice monitors/pa speakers....mainly for recording purposes. Plus, I'm deaf as shit and can't ever really hear the amps over my drums.

CHOUT 01.15.2008 11:58 PM

Pedal flyer I made for an upcoming show:

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.16.2008 04:11 AM

How'd you get all the right fonts?

king_buzzo 01.16.2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapbars
for your pleasure:

awesome!

nicfit 01.16.2008 04:51 AM

I want this:

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.16.2008 06:56 AM

me too

I want a lot of stuff

scott v 01.16.2008 12:32 PM

no need for any more pedals as i've colored my sound more than i want... removed the phaser and added tremolo. so...

dunlop octave fuzz
proco rat (80's version?)
eh russian big muff reissue (true by pass modded)
boss tremolo (cap modded)

digitech pds 1002 (trimpot modded for increased delay from 2 sec. to about 3 sec. and also when the regen is max it self oscillates)
deluxe memory man (modded for switchable increased delay from 550ms to about 1 sec., and additional vibrato speeds)

homemade stereo volume and noise filter box w/ kill switch, works without the need for power like a volume pedal. has input and output 1 & 2 volumes, 6 switchable functions to filter tones and create octaves works best within a feedback loop, its just various capacitors and resistors wired to the in/out of each of the volume pots. (took me about a full day of soldering to make this)

CHOUT 01.17.2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
How'd you get all the right fonts?

luck.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 01.17.2008 11:20 PM

Cool.

So I'm really anxious to find out what EHX has cooked up. Did you see that new Moog multi-pedal? It looks pretty cool, but costs more than I would ever pay.

CHOUT 01.19.2008 02:36 AM

LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY!!!!!!