Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

candymoan 12.20.2006 05:43 AM

hey -- i found a couple of photos as well..

porkmarras 12.20.2006 05:53 AM

Salad?wow!

sonic sphere 12.21.2006 10:54 AM

johnny thunders-too much junkie business- 3 live gigs. really good

contrelefuckingsexisme 12.22.2006 09:54 AM

Mick Harvey - Pink Elephants

contrelefuckingsexisme 12.24.2006 12:50 AM

The Kelley Deal 6000 - Go to The Sugar Altar

The Kelley Deal 6000 - Boom! Boom! Boom!

The Josephine Wiggs Experience - Bon Bon Lifestyle

All for $60.

Unusually amazing CD's purchases over here.

Incesticide 12.26.2006 10:32 AM

Muse - Black Holes And Revelations (for my mother)
Sonic Youth - The Destroyed Room

Inhuman 12.26.2006 10:48 AM

I got 2 of the new york noise albums (now I have all of them), Neptune - Patterns, and The Stooges - Funhouse for Christmas. Now I'm going out to the record store because it's 20% off or more on SY Boxsets

youthoftomorrow 12.26.2006 05:00 PM

got this for my older brother:

got this for my younger brother:

and i received these:

that one is a CD and this one is on vinyl:

marleypumpkin 12.27.2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I bought this stuff today:

Sonic Youth- Self titled album. Iīll be listening to it tonight..

Tool- Parabola (DVD). I watched it a few hours ago. Confusing shit. I couldn`t understand even the fucking Jello Biafra comments on the band and the video. iīd like to enjoy Tool videos without thinking of smoking weed.

The Melvins- (a) Senile animal. Holy crap! Itīs a great record. I curse myself for not buying it before.

Skinny Puppy- It ainīt dead yet? (DVD). I was just watching this one when my parents got into my room and started to telling me: "Why in the hell do you listen this horrible shit?", "That sounds like some bastard killing a bloody dog!"... "Are you into drugs or what?", "Turn your TV off, my head is starting to ache"....

Hey, great selections you got here. I haven't yet seen the "Parabola" or Skinny Puppy DVD's, but I did recently get the "Sonic Youth EP" (vinyl version) & (the) MELVINS "A Senile Animal". Both great collections of listening pleasure. & I must say, "A Senile Animal" is great when heard live.

marleypumpkin 12.27.2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Man, I didn`t have the chance to buy the Sonic Youth self-titled record before. Sometimes SY stuff is not easy to find in my town, Theyīre not popular here. I only know other three people who are Sonic Youth fans... So i jumped over the bin when i saw it, as for (a) Senile Animal i wasnīt conscious enough about the fact that there was a new Melvins album other than the great Houdini live record, i read about it in this mighty board just yesterday, i think, and i told myself i had to buy it or die. Itīs a monster of a record, i must say. Amazing Melvins heaviness!...

The "Parabola" DVD includes the video for the song, a weird remix done by Lustmord (kinda boring, i must say), and there`s this Jello Biafra comment on the band and video, but it sounds so confusing i didn`t understand his fucking babble. Other than that, the video is killer visuals done Tool style and the artwork in the CD and packaging is really nice.

Iīve always been a Skinny Puppy fan, a lot of my friends have tell me over the years that this bands fucking deserves to die and be totally forgotten... I donīt care. They make me rock really hard. Sadly, I didnīt finish watching the thing because my parents heard the noise and found it disgusting:D.

I know what ya' mean about how hard it is to find certain SY albums in certain small towns. I had the same problem in not being able to find that record for a long time, than suddenly as if a beaken of light, I saw the SY EP vinyl in my local record store & bought it right there & then.

I have heard the Lustmord track on the Parabola DVD & I agree w/ yr sentiment of it's boredom, however I would love to hear the Jello Biafra babbeling about the band.

Again, props on yr recent pick-ups.

Incesticide 12.27.2006 11:45 AM

Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley - Elvis

Inhuman 12.27.2006 12:30 PM

SY - Dirty Box Set (Genetic's such a good song!)
SY - The Destroyed Room

k-krack 12.27.2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
SY - Dirty Box Set (Genetic's such a good song!)
SY - The Destroyed Room

'

That's how it should have been.

I just bought Dischord 1981: The Year In Seven Inches
Daughters- Hell Songs
and Neutral Milk Hotel- On Avery Island FINALLY came in the mail. Two more still in the mail...

Prisstina 12.27.2006 10:08 PM

val-holla-ing 12.28.2006 12:48 AM

i just ordered cornelius' "sensuous" and can't wait to hear it.

youthoftomorrow 12.28.2006 01:20 AM

i love it.

Iain 12.28.2006 07:42 AM

Most recently bought:

Rip It Up and Start Again: Postpunk 1978-1984 which is ok. Some shit on there though. I mean Heaven 17...c'mon.

sonicl 12.28.2006 07:59 AM

I was pretty disappointed in the tracklist on that Rip It Up and Start Again compilation. There was an opportunity there to make a really good compilation of '80s alternative music, but it was wasted.

Pookie 12.28.2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I was pretty disappointed in the tracklist on that Rip It Up and Start Again compilation. There was an opportunity there to make a really good compilation of '80s alternative music, but it was wasted.

There are so many bands notable by their absence.

I would have left off B-52s, Associates, Heaven 17, Human League, Robert Wyatt, Blue Orchids, Scritti Politti to name just a few.

And included Magazine, Pere Ubu, PiL, Throbbing Gristle, Joy Division, to name just a few.

But that's my taste.

Pookie 12.28.2006 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
magazine were/are/will be horrid.

Will be?