Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

Savage Clone 08.27.2007 04:55 PM

Well, it sounds a lot like all that serious "Ritual Musick" that was going around at the time, so perhaps you'll forgive me.

floatingslowly 08.27.2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Hey, don't put that on me now.
You were the first to mention Ye Flock.

sshhh.

I'm trying to keep Florya from making a "creeped-out" floatingslowly voodoo doll.

yr already obviously in his good graces (he's winking at you 'n stuff).

Florya 08.27.2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
better watch it. he's touchy.

seriously though....how is THAT not a burn and the Cure was??

I LIKE The Cure for fuck's sake!

Fat Bob and me come from the same town.
I used to watch Easy Cure play on Sunday afternoons in the bandstand in Crawley town centre before he took over singing duties, and later in The Rocket. They weren't very good.
I had to be physically restrained from asking him to join our happy band of minstrels one day, not long after he got sacked from the Banshees.
Not that I really wanted him in the band. I just wanted to be able to sack him as well. Miserable sod.

Savage Clone 08.27.2007 05:03 PM

So, you were probably at the show where they recorded the live version of "Heroin Face" that appeared on the Curiosity Anomalies cassette b-side?

Florya 08.27.2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Well, it sounds a lot like all that serious "Ritual Musick" that was going around at the time, so perhaps you'll forgive me.

Forgiven.:)
The whole point of what we did was to make 'ritual music' that had no ritualistic intent.

Still it's cool that you've taken the time to listen to it. Much appreciated.

Florya 08.27.2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

So, you were probably at the show where they recorded the live version of "Heroin Face" that appeared on the Curiosity Anomalies cassette b-side?

Maybe. I have the tape, but I don't recall any of the Rocket shows I was at being recorded.

Norma J 08.27.2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
Now

and then (1983 ish)

HAHA. That's awesome. Get it back! Get it back! Unless you're balding (can't tell in that first pic) but Nick Cave still pulls it off.

SynthethicalY 08.27.2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

I can top that with this one from 1985.

I'll see you and raise you three inches!

Someone was a fan of aquanet.

Savage Clone 08.27.2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
HAHA. That's awesome. Get it back! Get it back! Unless you're balding (can't tell in that first pic) but Nick Cave still pulls it off.

Nick doesn't really have a whole lot going on up top these days, actually.
I think it all went into that Fu Manchu he's sporting now.

floatingslowly 08.27.2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
Fat Bob and me come from the same town.
I used to watch Easy Cure play on Sunday afternoons in the bandstand in Crawley town centre before he took over singing duties, and later in The Rocket. They weren't very good.
I had to be physically restrained from asking him to join our happy band of minstrels one day, not long after he got sacked from the Banshees.
Not that I really wanted him in the band. I just wanted to be able to sack him as well. Miserable sod.

I promise that I didn't mean it as an affront to yr cool.

after spending 10 years of posting on the internet, the only thing that keeps me going is to post the first asinine thing that comes to mind. I'm afraid that because of this, I can often come off as an ass (athough this is [usually] not intended).

I think that some folks in the good ol' non-sonic forum know this about me by now, but I should have known better than to make a picture comment since you mostly post in forums above this one.

I'm sure that yr cooler than The Cure. they couldn't rock that look until years later; and honestly, that's what made it funny to me. hell, there's a good chance that I had a fucking oingo boingo tshirt and was afraid of skinny puppy in 1983.

for what it's worth, I'm truely sorry if I offended you. please don't take a damn thing I say seriously (barring the above).

and to anyone else that I've potentially offended
: fuck yrself. yr not getting a fucking apology.

Savage Clone 08.27.2007 06:41 PM

That's an interesting angle you're working there:
"The Contrite Jerk."

floatingslowly 08.27.2007 06:55 PM

I'm trying for idiot savant.

the savant is easy. it's the idiot part that I'm still working on.

:(

do you know how hard this is???

PS: were you in this movie??

Savage Clone 08.27.2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

PS: were you in this movie??

Har har.
Nice try. My pic was from 85.
"Class Act" is from 1992, by which time I had moved on from spending significant amounts of time with a can of hairspray and a blow-dryer turned on full blast with my head upside down every morning.

floatingslowly 08.27.2007 07:02 PM

curses!

foiled again!

:mad:

I promise I'll try to scan some picture of myself from back then for everyone's further entertainment.

Norma J 08.27.2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Nick doesn't really have a whole lot going on up top these days, actually.
I think it all went into that Fu Manchu he's sporting now.

Which is what I mean. Most balding men shave their heads when on occasions it'd suit certain men more to sport the locks like Nick Cave does. Throw on a mo and that's even better.

Florya 08.28.2007 01:54 AM

Quote:

I promise that I didn't mean it as an affront to yr cool.

after spending 10 years of posting on the internet, the only thing that keeps me going is to post the first asinine thing that comes to mind. I'm afraid that because of this, I can often come off as an ass (athough this is [usually] not intended).

I think that some folks in the good ol' non-sonic forum know this about me by now, but I should have known better than to make a picture comment since you mostly post in forums above this one.

I'm sure that yr cooler than The Cure. they couldn't rock that look until years later; and honestly, that's what made it funny to me. hell, there's a good chance that I had a fucking oingo boingo tshirt and was afraid of skinny puppy in 1983.

for what it's worth, I'm truely sorry if I offended you. please don't take a damn thing I say seriously (barring the above).

and to anyone else that I've potentially offended
: fuck yrself. yr not getting a fucking apology.

Oh for fucks sake!!
Get up off your knees.:rolleyes:

I took no offence at any of your remarks (apart from the one about being touchy :D )

Grovelling apology accepted, although completely uncalled for.:D

Florya 08.28.2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J

I have tried. Trouble is, I lose patience after growing it for a few months and cut it all off again.

screamingskull 08.29.2007 02:58 PM

me, taken with my computers camera.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.29.2007 03:17 PM

you're really cute

Danny Himself 08.29.2007 03:18 PM

Your computer takes a great picture, too.