Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

shabbray2.0 08.08.2010 08:55 AM

^^played boktai 1 & 2. both are pretty cool!.
lunar knights sucks ass in comparison

lucyrulesok 08.08.2010 08:59 AM

POKEMON PEARL

though it wont let me post a picture or write in not capitals..

shabbray2.0 08.08.2010 09:06 AM

^^your sig depressed me at the very moment

noisereductions 08.08.2010 11:48 AM

Ghostchase 08.08.2010 01:36 PM

^
:cool:

I just won this, so I will hopefully be playing this soon!

EVOLghost 08.08.2010 01:52 PM

so....I finally started a Super Metroid game. on SNES emulator.

Count Mecha 08.08.2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
so....I finally started a Super Metroid game. on SNES emulator.

Hell yeah! You won't regret it. One of the SNES's finest.

noisereductions 08.08.2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
^
:cool:

I just won this, so I will hopefully be playing this soon!

I cant even tell you how happy I am about the extreme GB love on here lately... to see someone actually chasing CIB copies is great. :)

noisereductions 08.08.2010 02:29 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ghostchase again.

Ghostchase 08.08.2010 02:36 PM

lol thanx! Yeah, I'm kinda OCD in that respects. I want my used games mint and with the box.

noisereductions 08.08.2010 02:56 PM

I'm like that with Gamecube... but my GB games vary. I don't kill myself to get CIB. It's just a bonus. All my loose GB games are in NDS cases with printed artwork though.

Keeping It Simple 08.08.2010 05:22 PM

I'm playing this. It's surprisingly good.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.09.2010 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
^^played boktai 1 & 2. both are pretty cool!.
lunar knights sucks ass in comparison

This is my first experience playing anything in the series, but I'm having a blast so far. There's something so empowering about literally harvesting the sun's energy to play the game. It adds such an insanely unique element to the experience. I can't believe I passed this one up on it's initial release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I'm like that with Gamecube... but my GB games vary. I don't kill myself to get CIB. It's just a bonus. All my loose GB games are in NDS cases with printed artwork though.

Yeah, I only require original cases for games with discs. Otherwise, I'd be preventing my poor ass from experiencing 80% of the gaming that I currently do; due to price, and obscurity of titles with boxes. I still have a few Genesis cases, though.

There's a local game shop that prints out cases for all of their cartridges. It's magical to walk down those aisles, and browse through the classics like that. :o

noisereductions 08.09.2010 07:14 AM

^word.

BTW I'm addicted to Metroid Fusion right now. I fired it up with the intention of beating it just to unlock NES Metroid in Metroid Prime.

shabbray2.0 08.10.2010 09:54 AM

^^thats what I wanted too, unfortunately I havent got a gameboy player yet. but the save game :)

noisereductions 08.10.2010 10:02 AM

al, do you have a GBA? All you gotta do is beat Fusion on yr GBA then use a link cable to the GCN and fire up Prime. Then Prime will unlock the NES version on yr Gamecube.

shabbray2.0 08.10.2010 12:53 PM

nope unfortunately my only chance of playing gba games is through my DS lite. no link cable option

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:06 PM

ADVENTURES OF LITTLE RALPH.

Okay, why the FUCK have I never heard of this game? There's not a lot of info about it on the net. It's a ps1 side scrolling hack n slash game, and it's an 18mb download. 8 levels. And guess what? After one playthrough (which took a while; BRILLIANT, challenging gameplay), this is easily one of my favorite games ever. This might be better than Symphony of the Night and Umiharakawase Shun, as far as AMAZING ps1 2D sidescrolling games go. Do whatever you can to get this game. The most underrated game of all time? Has to be..

That reminds me.. game sizes.. I heard once Ikaruga is only like 35mb uncompressed.. isn't that weird? I recently downloaded Raiden Deluxe and it was only like 10mb.. fucking crazy.

Just beat this a few days ago:

One of the most badass games ever, a bit too easy though. I beat the whole game in 20 minutes, but man, what a fucking 20 minutes..

Has anyone played D?

I've been meaning to forever -- yeah, I know it came out 15 years ago, and was something of a marvel at the time, but it's kinda fallen into obscurity since then.. a shame, since Warp is one of the most amazing game companies ever.. they even made condoms.. anyway, something about this game has always intrigued me but I've never played it.. it's only $7.. 3 disc game I think.. weird.. any thoughts?

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:08 PM

also got these

TheFoxBen 08.10.2010 08:10 PM

Dude, tell me, you watch so many movies, you play so many games, you listen to so much music... Do you sleep at night ? Do you have a work ?

Oh, wait, I get it: you're a robot ! Right ? A filmmaking robot.

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:12 PM

HOLY FUCK WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THEY'RE MAKING A CONTRA HARD CORPS SEQUEL?!

AND IT'S COMING OUT FOR..
oh, you just download it.. hmm.. so basically EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS GENERATION THAT I WANT TO PLAY is download-only (except for sin and punishment 2 on the wii)? Um, okay. Has anyone emulated any of these games yet? Like, I really want to play Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. Thank god I got to play Cave Story on my computer..

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
Dude, tell me, you watch so many movies, you play so many games, you listen to so much music... Do you sleep at night ? Do you have a work ?

Oh, wait, I get it: you're a robot ! Right ? A filmmaking robot.

I watch amovie when I wake up, I watch a movie when I go to bed. I also often have one playing when I'm at the computer. listen to music at the computer and when I drive (and I drive a lot, since I live in the country). I play video games in my spare time. As for filmmaking/music making, I'm always balancing that stuff. The last Scissor Shock album took 2 years to write, but it only took 3 weeks to record.. maybe a few hours a day.. some songs took an hour.. my movies don't take very long to make, it feels really natural to edit.. when people see how intricate a movie like currently untitled is, they're alway ssurprised when I tell them it took 10 hours or so to edit it all (but there's so much sped up footage that I probably filmed, oh, 15-20 hours worth of footage in it). It only took me an hour to animate, edit, and score an episode of blaze...

Keep in mind that I often go home for lunch from work and play video games or work on movies and shit on my lunchbreak.

I just make very wise choices with my time, I guess... maybe I'm just gifted..

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:21 PM

I've played D.

I didn't know about Strider 2 though. i've played a lot of Strider. I feel like I don't like it though.

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:22 PM

..huh

TheFoxBen 08.10.2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I watch amovie when I wake up, I watch a movie when I go to bed. I also often have one playing when I'm at the computer. listen to music at the computer and when I drive (and I drive a lot, since I live in the country). I play video games in my spare time. As for filmmaking/music making, I'm always balancing that stuff. The last Scissor Shock album took 2 years to write, but it only took 3 weeks to record.. maybe a few hours a day.. some songs took an hour.. my movies don't take very long to make, it feels really natural to edit.. when people see how intricate a movie like currently untitled is, they're alway ssurprised when I tell them it took 10 hours or so to edit it all (but there's so much sped up footage that I probably filmed, oh, 15-20 hours worth of footage in it). It only took me an hour to animate, edit, and score an episode of blaze...

Keep in mind that I often go home for lunch from work and play video games or work on movies and shit on my lunchbreak.

I just make very wise choices with my time, I guess... maybe I'm just gifted..

Well, at least, I can say that's courageous. Seriously, I can't do that, I wake up very late and basically end up sitting on my ass and listening to music all day long... I'm too lazy to play video games hahaha but I still do from time to time and I just need to get back into a video game mood. Same goes for movies.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

..huh

I think Strider sucks. Even though I"ve played it a lot. I don't really like it.

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:39 PM

Uh.. okay?

Strider (as in, the arcade game, later ported to Genesis) is one of the best games ever made. Strider 2 is even better. Strider for the NES is also awesome.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:41 PM

I had the Genesis game and could never enjoy it. The NES game which is way differnt was better to me. But still. I dont know.

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 08:41 PM

Haha... uh, okay. Whatever you say! That's definitely one I haven't heard before.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:52 PM

hahah> I dn't know. I just never liked it. I've played it a million times over the past like what? 20 yrs? I just don't like it. Cant even say why.

FreshChops 08.10.2010 11:49 PM

with my son.....

[ohhh, that was bigger than it was supposed to be, oops =o

deflinus 08.10.2010 11:52 PM

a-p a. niemi 08.11.2010 03:11 PM

Also just got Kuru Kuru Kururin and Metroid Fusion (both CIB) for GBA!

noisereductions 08.11.2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-p a. niemi

Also just got Kuru Kuru Kururin and Metroid Fusion (both CIB) for GBA!

where the F did you find Kuru CIB???

noisereductions 08.11.2010 09:04 PM

(Nightmare On Elm Street NES)

gawd, I love this game. I never tire of it. It's in my top 10 of all time I think, which is a big thing to say -- but I really have loved it since it came out.

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 03:30 AM

there's no image, what game are you referring to there nr?

I'm playing the FUCK out of this:

and

and

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 03:35 AM

Guess what my girlfriend is giving back to me in the morning?

oh shit..

atsonicpark 08.12.2010 06:35 AM

she just called and asked me if we could play this..

(though I like UmJammer Lammy and the sequel better)

CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GAME IS GOING FOR LIKE $70 ON AMAZON.

A game that can be beaten in 20 minutes.. weird.

screamingskull 08.12.2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

she just called and asked me if we could play this..

(though I like UmJammer Lammy and the sequel better)

CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GAME IS GOING FOR LIKE $70 ON AMAZON.

A game that can be beaten in 20 minutes.. weird.

parappa the rapper? that game was awesome, but hard

noisereductions 08.12.2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

there's no image, what game are you referring to there nr?

it was Nightmare On Elm St (NES) which is (sincerely) a favorite of mine. I play that game OFTEN. Probably more than well... anyone else ever has. haha.

Mr. Driller rules.

That reminds me, I better hunt this falker down: