Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

demonrail666 08.12.2018 09:15 AM

A Sturridge goal is taking the piss

!@#$%! 08.12.2018 09:18 AM

just came in to ask where was sturridge in the world cup

h8kurdt 08.12.2018 10:05 AM

For some reason Sturridge had a stormer of a pre-season and it's carrying on. Not to worry. He'll trip over his shoelaces and have a month long injury soon enough.

Arsenal/Man City now. Gonna have to watch it on MOTD2 later.

!@#$%! 08.12.2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
For some reason Sturridge had a stormer of a pre-season and it's carrying on. Not to worry. He'll trip over his shoelaces and have a month long injury soon enough.

Arsenal/Man City now. Gonna have to watch it on MOTD2 later.

insane that i get it cheep live across the pond

you sure you dont have app-only option?

no box/no install

!@#$%! 08.12.2018 11:34 AM

ok this prem in 2018 way more fun than that prem in 2012. yes?

h8kurdt 08.12.2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
insane that i get it cheep live across the pond

you sure you dont have app-only option?

no box/no install

As the Spanish would say el dodgy streams for me :D I'll be in my grave before I give Rupert Murdoch any money.

Emery really has his work cut out with this Arsenal team. To think that they were desperate to keep hold of Ozil when half the time he looks like he couldn't give a shit. City are a cut above them here in every way. Bernado's goal was such a peach of a goal.

Btw, I was watching this that I thing all you guys may be interested in. Great interview with Kyle Walker about his role as a wing back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DQPcxO6Tx0

!@#$%! 08.12.2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

As the Spanish would say el dodgy streams for me :D I'll be in my grave before I give Rupert Murdoch any money.

i salute your principles. wish i were the same but my flesh is weak and my appetites large.

wait... i watch nbc.not murdoch

heres a solution

1) get a vpn
2) hire out a foreign service that wont enrich murdokka

eh??

otherwise not sure of this https://www.sky.com/shop/offers/flash-sale/

h8kurdt 08.12.2018 12:05 PM

Absolutely not with that sky deal. And tbh, the stream I had just then was bang on the money. I just gotta accept that sometimes it's gonna be unreliable at times. As long as I can get Everton games every week I'm happy.

Besides, right now I'm saving my pennies for my great USA trip in a months time.

demonrail666 08.12.2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

dont feel too bad. you’re falling to the best, in their home turf.

the way they sang that song was chillworthy

I wasn't expecting WH to win but I did expect them to at least be competitive. This season won't be defined by results against teams like Liverpool but the performance was a worry, especially their lack of pace.

We'll know more after Bournemouth next week: a team that looked decent yesterday but one that WH have to believe they not only could beat, but should beat - even though, based on what I just saw . I'm struggling to come up with a reason why.

demonrail666 08.13.2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Besides, right now I'm saving my pennies for my great USA trip in a months time.

Very jealous. Where will you be visiting?

!@#$%! 08.13.2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I wasn't expecting WH to win but I did expect them to at least be competitive. This season won't be defined by results against teams like Liverpool but the performance was a worry, especially their lack of pace.

We'll know more after Bournemouth next week: a team that looked decent yesterday but one that WH have to believe they not only could beat, but should beat - even though, based on what I just saw . I'm struggling to come up with a reason why.

i think you looked better than what the scored showed. like maybe you could have closed the gap.

the only headscratcher for me was chicharito. what is he doing there? he’s over the hill now. couldn’t they have bought a more promising player? all that money...

Quote:

trump tower?? :D :D :D (sure as hell hope not, lol)

demonrail666 08.13.2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

the only headscratcher for me was chicharito. what is he doing there? he’s over the hill now. couldn’t they have bought a more promising player? all that money...

He's ok but difficult to slot into a team. Plus Arnautovich is now our default forward. I imagine Chicharito would look for another club if he wasn't on such a good salary at West Ham. So they're sort of stuck with each other now.

h8kurdt 08.13.2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Starting off in New York to see my buddy D. Trump and pals. After that, Washington DC for a couple days, heading over the Nashville for maybe a week, during that head over to Memphis for Graceland and sun studios. I'm a big fan of Elvis so it'd be wrong not to. Then I'm gonna head south from there. Tempted to hire a car and head to random towns and try get to meet people there. After all that its New Orleans for a week. I'll be there for 5 weeks and as long as I'm in New Orleans for the flight back I'm easy with plans.

Oh that's the other thing, I've been watching Ken Burns' civil war series so I'm gonna do Gettysburg and take in a tour of that. Soak it all up.

The other thing I'm tempted to do is go to the creationist museum that's about four hours from Nashville by car. They actually have a "replica" of Noah's ark. Gotta see that!

h8kurdt 08.13.2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

He's ok but difficult to slot into a team. Plus Arnautovich is now our default forward. I imagine Chicharito would look for another club if he wasn't on such a good salary at West Ham. So they're sort of stuck with each other now.

Reckon Arnautovich is reliable enough to have as your main centre forward? Everton's Tosun is showing himself to be as reliable as northern rail.

!@#$%! 08.13.2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Starting off in New York to see my buddy D. Trump and pals. After that, Washington DC for a couple days, heading over the Nashville for maybe a week, during that head over to Memphis for Graceland and sun studios. I'm a big fan of Elvis so it'd be wrong not to. Then I'm gonna head south from there. Tempted to hire a car and head to random towns and try get to meet people there. After all that its New Orleans for a week. I'll be there for 5 weeks and as long as I'm in New Orleans for the flight back I'm easy with plans.

Oh that's the other thing, I've been watching Ken Burns' civil war series so I'm gonna do Gettysburg and take in a tour of that. Soak it all up.

The other thing I'm tempted to do is go to the creationist museum that's about four hours from Nashville by car. They actually have a "replica" of Noah's ark. Gotta see that!

definitely rent a car after dc. american public transportation is designed to humiliate the poor. there is no way to get around outside cities. in new orleans you can take cabs.

dc to nashville is a beautiful drive by the way, through rural virginia and the tennesee mountains,

if you wanna visit sites of mass shootings, virginia tech is on the way! (sorry for the tasteless joke. was meant ironically)

and dont forget to eat memphis bbq oh yeah. oh rewatch mystery train ha ha ha ha

new orleans = amazeballs. but dont drink and drive!

demonrail666 08.13.2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

i think you looked better than what the scored showed. like maybe you could have closed the gap.

West Ham had one half-chance in front of goal. Arnautovich up front was effectively in solitary confinement the entire match. Meanwhile Firminho and Mane all missed sitters . The score could've easily been far worse.

!@#$%! 08.13.2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

West Ham had one half-chance in front of goal. Arnautovich up front was effectively in solitary confinement the entire match. Meanwhile Firminho and Mane all missed sitters . The score could've easily been far worse.

guess so. now tell me about chicharito. WHY???

demonrail666 08.13.2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Fuck that sounds amazing. It's a dream of mine to visit Nashville and Memphis.

Quote:

Reckon Arnautovich is reliable enough to have as your main centre forward? Everton's Tosun is showing himself to be as reliable as northern rail.

I do, but Pellegrini's gonna have to find a way of getting him better service. The Liverpool game evidently wasn't the one for that but hopefully things will look better against Bournemouth.

Quote:

guess so. now tell me about chicharito. WHY???

I was one of those who thought he deserved more minutes at MU but in retrospect Fergie got him right in using him solely as an impact-sub, which is effectively how every manager has used him since. He's arguably a better out and out finisher than Arnautovich, but Arnie can play in a variety of positions and will track back when required. Chicharito offers none of that.

Moving away from WH, have to say the Liverpool player who impressed me most yesterday was Wijnaldum. Hadn't really given him much thought before (amid all the Salah mania) but he really keeps things tidy behind Salah-Mane-Friminho, for them to do their thing. They look the most likely to challenge MC but think Citeh's bench will be the ultimate difference maker. It's a bit soul destroying that Pep can choose between DeBruyne or Mahrez, or Aguero or Jesus, or one of two Silvas ... and still able to bench Sane.

!@#$%! 08.13.2018 01:32 PM

he did okay at leverkusen a couple of years ago but i would not bring him to an up-and-coming team at the top league in the planet.

i guess i thought you had just bought him. did not realize he was there from before.

should have upgraded in the window.

demonrail666 08.13.2018 02:08 PM

Upgrading would've been difficult cos of his wages. Regardless of what the club wants, he's under contract till 2020 and there's no reason why he should go anywhere that isn't willing to at least match the 140k a week he gets at WH.

This is what cripples all but the very top Prem clubs. Teams like WH know no player of any real worth is gonna come to them for anything but the money (or as a stepping stone to a bigger club). At this stage in Chicharito career he isn't in the shop window for a bigger club so this is all about money for him now.