Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New KoRn Song (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38239)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.25.2010 12:00 AM

I love 'em both, but FTL just feels tackier to me. Songs like "Children of the KoRn", and "Earache My Eye" certainly aren't bad...but they're more like beer chugging tunes.

Oh, and the lyrics to Justin are just painful (and not in the way Jonathan would probably like them to be).

"YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!! WANNA MEET ME WHY???"

I can't help but laugh every time. Which is bad considering the song's subject matter.

Still a great album overall. Issues just feels darker, and more mature/sincere to me.

Although "Pretty" may be the most disturbing song the band has ever written.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.25.2010 12:11 AM

On a side note: I can see why people hate TALITM. It's their least experimental release and therefor suffers from a bad "generic" vibe.

It's just such a fucking headbanger though. It gives all of their other albums one hell of a run for their money as far as that's concerned.

atsonicpark 02.25.2010 11:41 AM

I think FTL is awesome, if they'd ditched some of the rap songs.. dead bodies everywhere is AWESOME, and I actually love got the life, which has to be one of the weirdest songs to ever become a popular hit on mtv.. i actually like cameltosis a lot, as far as the rap songs are concerned, but MY GIFT TO YOU is just unbelievable...

issues is a stronger album overall but follow still has like 8 or 9 brilliant songs imo.

noisereductions 02.25.2010 11:52 AM

I liked all the rap songs on FTL. I liked everything on that album really.

atsonicpark 02.25.2010 01:27 PM

You like All in the Family?..

ni'k 02.25.2010 01:35 PM

even tho boy george is on heroin, we don't give a fuck. rick james is in the crack house all day, that's all that matters.

noisereductions 02.25.2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
You like All in the Family?..

I don't dislike it.

atsonicpark 02.25.2010 01:46 PM

YOU SUCK UP SUCKA
KORNY MOTHR FUCKA
tAKING OVER FLOWS IS THE LIMP PIMP
U NEED A BIZKIT TO SAVE THIS GROUP FROM JON DAVIS

DeadDiscoDildo 02.25.2010 08:14 PM

Fuck, KoRn is so irrellevant these days and pretty jouvinile. I guess if you still have those childish feelings and angst they still kick ass.

However,

The first album has such an awesome cover and a good song or two that I still think is rad. Shoots and Ladders comes to mind.

atsonicpark 02.25.2010 09:04 PM

I don't think they're any less "juvenile" than Kim going, "BOYS ARE FROM JUPITER, GET MORE STUPIDER." Though it is funny you picked the most juvenile song from that album as your favorite.

EVOLghost 02.25.2010 09:21 PM

I haven't listened to these guys since my second gen iPod. which was....likek....at least 5 years ago...

ni'k 02.26.2010 01:15 AM

yeah once you get a bit older you aren't supposed to be angry like korn but are supposed to mature into hunter s thompson?

DeadDiscoDildo 02.26.2010 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I don't think they're any less "juvenile" than Kim going, "BOYS ARE FROM JUPITER, GET MORE STUPIDER." Though it is funny you picked the most juvenile song from that album as your favorite.

Who says Kim has good lyrics anyway? Sonic Youth in general have shitty lyrics, I've always liked the music better.

And how is shoots and ladders any less juvenile than any of their other songs? Because he threw in nursery rhymes? instead of going wah fuck fuck shit fuck fuck fucking DIE MOTHER FUCKER? ALL DAY I DREAM ABOUT SEX ALL DAY I DREAM ABOUT FUCKING...lmao.

and I didn't know I have become Hunter S Thompson...all I'm saying is I hear more anger and passion in rhapsody in blue than I do in anything KoRn has to offer me.

& the point I'm trying to make is you can still be angry, we're all angry, but for fucksake get with it. Speak softly and carry a big stick, stop cryin into the mic ya know? Chaotic Evil is so dumb, they are the grunts of nerd war and the grunts of music. Neutral Evil is where it's at.

ni'k 02.26.2010 03:15 AM

the whole point is that they don't get with it.

DeadDiscoDildo 02.26.2010 05:59 AM

Well then get on with it

atsonicpark 02.26.2010 07:27 AM

Yeah... shoots and ladders is more silly, juvenile, childish than the rest of their songs... if we are using the word "juvenile" correctly, then obviously it is.

Anyway...

noisereductions 02.26.2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
yeah once you get a bit older you aren't supposed to be angry like korn but are supposed to mature into hunter s thompson?

brilliant. hahaha.

noisereductions 02.26.2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
and I didn't know I have become Hunter S Thompson...all I'm saying is I hear more anger and passion in rhapsody in blue than I do in anything KoRn has to offer me.

I forgot -- you can only like either Gershwin or Korn. But not both.

ni'k 02.26.2010 08:22 AM

i guess i have to throw out my korn feat. london philharmonic cd then

Glice 02.26.2010 08:33 AM

Gershwin should be shit, but generally isn't. I've not liked the last few Korn albums though.