Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   whatcha doin? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33868)

gmku 01.02.2010 10:23 PM

Yeh, coffee shops vs brew pubs. Generally, in brew pubs, the peeps is mellower. Coffee shops, ya gets a lot of workaholics that tend to be tense. But each place serves its purpose and is right at the right time. I reserve the pubs for off-work hours, e.g., an occasional evening and the weekends. Coffee shops be good for the workday hours.

demonrail666 01.02.2010 10:25 PM

there seriously isn't a day goes past when i don't wish GMKU was my next door neighbour.

gmku 01.02.2010 10:26 PM

Ha ha. Come to Asheville. I love you loonnng time.

Inhuman 01.02.2010 10:28 PM

Yeah, bars people tend to keep their minds off things and enjoy themselves when coffee shops have a wide mixture of people with different reasons for being there. Readers. Workers. "Conversationalists". Etc. Hell, a lot of them even go to bars to work (they sit in the corner where they receive Wi-Fi and just drink and work), but I always found it an odd idea to work in a bar.

I don't even know many good bars here yet as I moved here not long ago.

gmku 01.02.2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Yeah, bars people tend to keep their minds off things and enjoy themselves when coffee shops have a wide mixture of people with different reasons for being there. Readers. Workers. "Conversationalists". Etc. Hell, a lot of them even go to bars to work (they sit in the corner where they receive Wi-Fi and just drink and work), but I always found it an odd idea to work in a bar.

Ditto. That's just wrong, bars and work. Bars are pubs, i.e., public places. It's supposed to be about being public, i.e., communal, social, etc.

demonrail666 01.02.2010 10:33 PM

fuck all that shit, I'd spend $s to share a drink a GMKU.

gmku 01.02.2010 10:34 PM

Anytime, bro. I'd even treat. At least the first round.

_slavo_ 01.03.2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
You need to meet some new friends _slavo_ or get a new hobby

i'm all right, thanks for concern.

EVOLghost 01.04.2010 03:14 PM

Im' thinkin' about gettin' a 1 month or somethin' for WoW.....Since I got nothin' to do...and I'm kind of really bored.

Rob Instigator 01.04.2010 03:19 PM

start drawing.

!@#$%! 01.05.2010 04:37 PM

trying to wrap my brain around work again. it hurts!

Savage Clone 01.05.2010 04:39 PM

Selling Frank Zappa rarities on the interweb to rich people who enjoy poop jokes.

!@#$%! 01.05.2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Selling Frank Zappa rarities on the interweb to rich people who enjoy poop jokes.

turning shit into gold-- alchemy!

Savage Clone 01.05.2010 04:44 PM

I just wish I could get this Homunculus to behave itself.

demonrail666 01.05.2010 05:10 PM

inwardly debating whether I'm stoned enough to watch Hannah Montana the Movie.

Rob Instigator 01.05.2010 05:15 PM

hoping to end this miserable day and watch the Rockets defeat the lakers.

amerikangod 01.05.2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I just wish I could get this Homunculus to behave itself.

'Fullmetal Alchemist' reference or just a general alchemy reference?

EVOLghost 01.05.2010 08:22 PM

Fma is ghey dood

amerikangod 01.05.2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Fma is ghey dood

Have you seen the new one?

static-harmony 01.05.2010 10:43 PM

I am just here at home reading.

Sonic Youth 37 01.05.2010 11:43 PM

Buzzing from absinthe, watching Freaks and Geeks, perhaps smoking a bowl soon.

Dead-Air 01.06.2010 12:49 AM

just ate some stuff called "coconut bliss" which is basically ice cream made from coconut milk at my gf's and she's reading her son Frog & Toad Are Friends. raining in buckets outside.

Inhuman 01.06.2010 12:55 AM

Just finished a short meditation session and now going to do a bit of blog design before bed

EVOLghost 01.06.2010 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
Have you seen the new one?

they redid it?

EVOLghost 01.06.2010 02:46 AM

I'm eatin' Lucky Charms. THey're awesome. Definatly a favorite cereal.

Pookie 01.06.2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i cant describe it.
telly - i leave it on sometimes when i m gone and i just got in- has some people talking about heart diseases and what people have to do blanlanlanbla and its eh almost 7 o clock in the morning and they are so serious --looking!- and i m sad. its almost very funny, their talk.

I love you.

Pookie 01.06.2010 04:27 AM

Just got back from an early morning snowball fight with my daughter.

amerikangod 01.06.2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

they redid it?

Yep, they're still in the process of re-doing it. They're about 39 episodes in. It's called 'Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.' Apparently the original anime was started when the manga was still somewhat young, so without much source material (and I guess not wanting to step on any toes) they created an entirely different version of events. The new one follows the manga much more closely and as a result is a much better story. It's also more brutal. After about 13 episodes, there's no longer any similarity whatsoever with the original anime.

dale_gribble 01.06.2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

I'm eatin' Lucky Charms. THey're awesome. Definatly a favorite cereal.

lucky charms blow, why do so many people like that shit?!?!

floatingslowly 01.06.2010 02:05 PM

experiencing high levels of pre-haircut anxiety.

I don't wanna. :(

Rob Instigator 01.06.2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale_gribble

marshmellows

Rob Instigator 01.06.2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
experiencing high levels of pre-haircut anxiety.

I don't wanna. :(

good luck

Sonic Youth 37 01.06.2010 04:28 PM

Just poured a ritual libation for a friend's daughter who passed away. None of us could do anything and we're struggling with how to best help him.

EVOLghost 01.06.2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale_gribble

You suck

EVOLghost 01.06.2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
Yep, they're still in the process of re-doing it. They're about 39 episodes in. It's called 'Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.' Apparently the original anime was started when the manga was still somewhat young, so without much source material (and I guess not wanting to step on any toes) they created an entirely different version of events. The new one follows the manga much more closely and as a result is a much better story. It's also more brutal. After about 13 episodes, there's no longer any similarity whatsoever with the original anime.

Hmmm. My friend is reading the manga and he was saying it's so much better. I like how some animes are redoin their shit to follow closer to the manga. I was begging to watch the dbz remake out of boredom and it's so much better. All they did was take out the horrible fillers. And I also caught up with the hellsing ovas. They moved too fast in the first two but it got so much better

amerikangod 01.06.2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Hmmm. My friend is reading the manga and he was saying it's so much better. I like how some animes are redoin their shit to follow closer to the manga. I was begging to watch the dbz remake out of boredom and it's so much better. All they did was take out the horrible fillers. And I also caught up with the hellsing ovas. They moved too fast in the first two but it got so much better

'FMA: Brotherhood' moves a bit fast in it's first handful of episodes as it assumes that many people have seen the first series. If you have, the pace in the beginning is completely welcome. But yeah, totally worth watching. The Eclipse fansub is the one I watch. It's the best new show of 2009, at least out of what I've seen.

static-harmony 01.06.2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypertonic
Just watched what appeared to be the Gossip Girl Sy Tribute episode. Several songs and performance of the acoustic Starpower at the end. Even a segment a editing took a cue from the Disapperar video... Neat!

Which episode is that I have been wanting to watch it.

phoenix 01.07.2010 04:47 AM

trying to calm down two kittens, my cat never had this much energy. I had to take the christmas tree down, it was wayyyyyyyyyyy to exciting for them.

nicfit 01.07.2010 04:54 AM

fuckin' pictograms.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 01.07.2010 04:47 PM

staring out my window watching very to go with BIG trees and i cant help but be afraid of the way of the and also the way they infuriate and deceive

i sigh and scratch