Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Photography Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=328)

nicfit 10.15.2007 04:15 AM

a couple lightning experiments... you can call them "double (or triple) exposures", even if they were actually long exposure in the dark + lighter action.

forgive me if I posted them already, as I said I'm diggin' out some old pics.
Is there a way to check just posts by a certain user in a thread?

m1rr0r dash 10.15.2007 07:33 AM

art tourism

just some highlights from my summer art tourism trips

barnett newman at the moma

shu lea cheang at the chelsea art museum

richard serra at the dia beacon

seward johnson at grounds for sculpture

EMMAh 10.15.2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anngella
Beautiful.

guitar7080 10.16.2007 06:09 AM

Photography rocks! One of my all times favorites is Gordon Parks. I went to display of his work in Minneaplolis. He had a vision. I just take local shots of interesting things. Lately my inspiration has been null.

nicfit 10.19.2007 02:42 AM

"classic" slug shots, just tryin' some macro stuff.

guitar7080 10.19.2007 05:56 AM

nice slug. This has inspired me. I WILL pick up the camera today. I use film.

Anngella 10.19.2007 06:21 AM

Those are awesome. They make me mad though because macro is one of my favorite things to do and I can't do it because I'm an idiot. A nice idiot, but an idiot.

guitar7080 10.19.2007 06:33 AM

Such negative words. YOU are NOT an Idiot. Just point and shoot whatever happens, happens. To release the shutter button is better than to not to have released.

Anngella 10.19.2007 03:29 PM

Hah well I can't release the shutter of a broken camera. Obviously you haven't been stalking my threads well enough.

guitar7080 10.19.2007 04:26 PM

Stalking is harsh. I use a canon film camera, most the time. Mostly straight nature pictures or friends or close up weird stuff. I'll try and post something. Computers touchy.

EMMAh 10.22.2007 11:49 PM

SynthethicalY 10.22.2007 11:58 PM

I need to start taking pictures again I have been to busy with schoolwork that I have not bought any roll to take some.

guitar7080 10.23.2007 05:39 PM

OK the dog picture rocks. Will someone please direct me to the gateway to posting photo's off my PC? My dog will rule the universe, if I could just post her picture.

Anngella 10.23.2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitar7080
OK the dog picture rocks. Will someone please direct me to the gateway to posting photo's off my PC? My dog will rule the universe, if I could just post her picture.

You have to hit reply>click on the paperclip (to make an attachment) and then the rest should be self-explanitory.

EMMAh 10.23.2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

You have to hit reply>click on the paperclip (to make an attachment) and then the rest should be self-explanitory.

Hahaha, I use Photobucket. This way seems more simple but I doubt I'll remember to do it.

Anngella 10.23.2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Hahaha, I use Photobucket. This way seems more simple but I doubt I'll remember to do it.

Yeah same. I have two Photobucket accounts and a (free ><) Flickr accont. I'm considering getting another Flickr account as I don't want to make my parents pay for it, but I might wait. My friend got a pait account for her birthday last May and as of now she's only 10 pictures over the limit that you get for a free account. I'm easily peeved.
But the reason I have them all is because I rape a lot more people than just you all here at the forum with my pictures. And because if my computer dies and I lose everything, at least I have the accounts to fall back on because I would commit suicide if all of my pictures were lost. I'm not exaggerating.

EMMAh 10.23.2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah same. I have two Photobucket accounts and a (free ><) Flickr accont. I'm considering getting another Flickr account as I don't want to make my parents pay for it, but I might wait. My friend got a pait account for her birthday last May and as of now she's only 10 pictures over the limit that you get for a free account. I'm easily peeved.
But the reason I have them all is because I rape a lot more people than just you all here at the forum with my pictures. And because if my computer dies and I lose everything, at least I have the accounts to fall back on because I would commit suicide if all of my pictures were lost. I'm not exaggerating.

I know how that feels. My old computer went to shit and I was so pissed to lose all my music and pictures. Buutt I do have some still because of my photobucket. There's some random ass shit in that thing.

!@#$%! 10.23.2007 10:52 PM

you guys ever heard of external hard drives for backup? it's easy to build your own.

Anngella 10.23.2007 10:56 PM

I think so, but I've never bothered to look into it. I probably should, though.

!@#$%! 10.23.2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

I think so, but I've never bothered to look into it. I probably should, though.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...nal-Enclosures

you can get a regular size enclosure or you can get them to fit a laptop hard drive (tiny). i have a bunch of them, for backup, for music, etc. just dont fry them with static & youre all set.