Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   whatcha doin? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33868)

Danny 12.18.2009 05:06 PM

I have the night off and I'm spending it on the internet, which I haven't done in a long long time. It's so fucking great. Downloading blaxploitation film soundtracks, browsing through gallery after gallery of sexy 1960s flight attendants, catching up on dinosaur comics. Coolin' out.

gmku 12.18.2009 06:27 PM

I am pondering the idea that computers numb and obscure our humanity. I suspect this is true.

gmku 12.18.2009 07:40 PM

I'm going to bed in the middle of one of the biggest snowstorms Asheville has seen. I'm going to listen to music, maybe some radio and also some Sonic Youth, and I'm going to read Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer. I believe this will be the perfect antidote for my conviction that computers numb and obscure our humanity.

The phenomenon of tastynutz is perfect evidence of this conviction.

Dead-Air 12.18.2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
man that was fast. since each of you is semi-mating elsewhere maybe you can start a little commune like that swedish movie, what was it called... it's set in the 70s...

she's currently off the sex actually and the young girl she sleeps platonic with is here cleaning the house and babysitting and making pretty damn good cookies.

I am finding myself quite interested in the lady I've been fucking, which wasn't supposed to happen, but what the hell. she took the news of my "new" roommate about as one might expect, but didn't say no to seeing me outright. she's actually had this unfortunate pattern of dating guys living with their ex-wives, which I really wish I weren't contributing too, but I gotta keep the fucking junkies from stalking my family. period.

so yeah, more Swedish and '70s than Abba fighting over a coke spoon in the sauna...

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 12.18.2009 09:30 PM

please tell us more (dont)

Dead-Air 12.18.2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
waiting until lunchtime so I can go to the jewelry store and pick up the ring I got, with which I will propose marriage to my girlfriend tonight. EEP!

if I haven't talked you out of this by merely existing, there is no point in saying more. Congrats! I think...

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 12.18.2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
if I haven't talked you out of this by merely existing, there is no point in saying more. Congrats! I think...

im sure rob will put a bit more effort into his marriage

you get out wot you put in my friend (your not my friend)

Jeremy 12.18.2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
here are some images that come up when you google "jeremy's girlfriend"

Hah, nice.

18th birthday back in September 2008:

~Jeremy~

Dead-Air 12.18.2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
im sure rob will put a bit more effort into his marriage

you get out wot you put in my friend (your not my friend)

I almost took your troll bait, but then I developed a sudden yawn.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 12.19.2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

I almost took your troll bait...

good enough for me

Derek 12.19.2009 08:16 AM

Good luck with that Rob!

looking glass spectacle 12.19.2009 08:20 AM

isn't

Dead-Air 12.19.2009 11:01 AM

trying to say no to cheesecake

demonrail666 12.19.2009 11:16 AM

Best of luck Rob (don't do it!)

Dead-Air 12.19.2009 11:19 AM

love is like chocolate cheesecake. there is lots of silent and audible shouting of "don't do it" but the inevitable cannot be denied. and it tastes so good while it lasts...

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 12.19.2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

love is like chocolate cheesecake. there is lots of silent and audible shouting of "don't do it" but the inevitable cannot be denied. and it tastes so good while it lasts...

you just bought your cheesecake past its sell by date which is why you belly ache all the time

gmku 12.19.2009 01:51 PM

bullshit

Dead-Air 12.19.2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
you just bought your cheesecake past its sell by date which is why you belly ache all the time

actually I didn't buy the cheesecake, it was left in my fridge by the chicks who just sort of moved in/back. I don't have the strength for it to make it to it's sell by date, though I wish I did.

me? I'm happy. I'm sure that annoys you even more than if I wasn't. which makes me even happier. have a beautiful Saturday.

gmku 12.19.2009 03:50 PM

Who wants chicken breasts for dinner?! I do, I do! Because it's all I have in the house and I can't get out of my parking lot because the fuckwad apartment landlords haven't seen fit to fucking plow my fucking parking lot so I can go and fucking get some other fucking kind of fucking food!

SuperCreep 12.19.2009 05:03 PM

snowed in without a car without food. i don't think my brother is going to be coming back with the car tonight either with more snow expected.

fun.

gmku 12.19.2009 05:22 PM

WTF is wrong w/ me? I just [edited to protect the innocent... PM me for details!].

Sans some real-life professional wisdom, I'll do with whatever slings and arrows you guys want to shoot this way. I know your intentions are good.

gmku 12.19.2009 05:36 PM

Yeah. Finally got y'all didn't I? Too real for y'al w/ yr oh-so-serious drug problems and yr obsessions with Courtney and with big booty and with obscure bands nobody gives a shit about and all that. You can't deal with it when one of us comes to you with [whatever].

Dead-Air 12.19.2009 05:43 PM

I answered by PM to much the same effect.

gmku 12.19.2009 05:44 PM

Floatingslowly and girlgun--don't look, OK?

gmku 12.19.2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
i'm just hoping for your sake that your wife or any of your other family members doesn't lurk here.

So... what are you talking about exactly?

I'm mostly just embarassed. I can't believe I said it. I really don't know what came over me, we were just talking, and then I said it. She probably thinks I'm an idiot. I suck.

gmku 12.19.2009 06:01 PM

OK. Yeah, it's unlikely. They hardly share my enthusiasm for SY. Regardless, I'm embarassed and find myself wondering what let my tongue, if you'll pardon the expression, slip. The power of the wimmenz over the menz?

Seriously, the worst issue for me right now is not the thought of an indiscretion but the embarassment of having made this remark. Unless this woman came banging on my door, and unless I were on the verge of suicide, I know nothing would come of this. I honestly don't know why I said it. It was purely in the moment.

gmku 12.19.2009 06:18 PM

Deal.

I realize now it's probably because of the snowstorm.

Girlgun and Satan, please forgive me. I remain true.

gmku 12.19.2009 06:20 PM

It would help me get thru this if others could share simliar such embarassments.

gmku 12.19.2009 06:39 PM

Come on, a little support from my brothers in arms? She was cute istanding n the snow and all. It was a weak moment.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 07:56 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about as you edited it. Give me all of the details and I can give you all of my manly advice and sympathy. I'm a man that knows a thing or two about sexual interest.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

so yeah, more Swedish and '70s than Abba fighting over a coke spoon in the sauna...

Probably the defining moment of both the 70's and Sweden.

gmku 12.19.2009 07:59 PM

Were ABBA into coke? I don't know this story.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku

Entirely irrelevant at this point as what was said just made perfect, crystalline sense as a thing that would happen in such contexts.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 08:11 PM

I guess someone doesn't want any of this bro support I've got. And I'm pretty bro'd out. As in, bro'd to the max, not out of bro.

EVOLghost 12.19.2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

WTF is wrong w/ me? I just [edited to protect the innocent... PM me for details!].

Sans some real-life professional wisdom, I'll do with whatever slings and arrows you guys want to shoot this way. I know your intentions are good.

???

gmku 12.19.2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amerikangod
I guess someone doesn't want any of this bro support I've got. And I'm pretty bro'd out. As in, bro'd to the max, not out of bro.

Appreciate the gesture. I'm dealing.

gmku 12.19.2009 09:40 PM

My neighbor's been out there shoveling for four hours now. If I were a gentleman, I'd go help. It's kind of scary how dogged she is about it.

amerikangod 12.19.2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Appreciate the gesture. I'm dealing.

Sometimes a bro just gotta bust some of his goodness up inside of you and it's hard for him to take no for an answer.

gmku 12.19.2009 09:58 PM

I don't get that ghetto talk but I think I get your drift. thanks.

Dead-Air 12.20.2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

"Mama Mia" is clearly a love song written to coke.