Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   (actual) world cup thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40145)

SonicBebs 07.06.2010 03:32 PM

only got 1 foot though, same as Messi

Van Bommel is a fucking cunt

jon boy 07.06.2010 03:36 PM

should have been at least 4-1 with the chances robben had.

chicka 07.06.2010 03:36 PM

!@#$%! I wasn't picking on Forlan I was cheering for him. I don't understand why the coach took him out unless he was totally gassed which certainly may have been the case. They certainly missed the captain Lugano as much as they missed Surez. Dutch have become the best floppers out there. The first time I saw them play I enjoyed them since then their tactics are getting on my nerves and I will certainly root for the winner of tomorrow's game in the finals....

demonrail666 07.06.2010 03:38 PM

Yeah, cagey game all round. Holland were clearly the better side but, even at 3:1 up, they made hard work of it. They're not a pretty team to watch but they are effective, which may be the big difference between this Dutch team and previous ones. I'm glad at the result but a bit disappointed with the performance. They are winning though, and doing so without playing that great, which has to be a worry for whoever they meet in the final.

!@#$%! 07.06.2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
!@#$%! I wasn't picking on Forlan I was cheering for him. I don't understand why the coach took him out unless he was totally gassed which certainly may have been the case. They certainly missed the captain Lugano as much as they missed Surez. Dutch have become the best floppers out there. The first time I saw them play I enjoyed them since then their tactics are getting on my nerves and I will certainly root for the winner of tomorrow's game in the finals....

oh no, i know you were, so was i, but my point was that he had nobody to play with and he made the best out of a bad situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, cagey game all round. Holland were clearly the better side but, even at 3:1 up, they made hard work of it. They're not a pretty team to watch but they are effective, which may be the big difference between this Dutch team and previous ones. I'm glad at the result but a bit disappointed with the performance. They are winning though, and doing so without playing that great, which has to be a worry for whoever they meet in the final.

i don't know that they don't play great-- tactically, they do-- they may not be beautiful but they are fucking deadly, fast, run all over, control the game, go from 0 to 100 in 2 seconds, change the rhytym at will and you leave them an inch and they cut your throat. the only one i hate is fucking van bommel-- i hope karma bites him in the ass and somebody breaks his leg, ha ha ha. then again it's the refs faults (last 2 games) for allowing him to get away with so much shit.

sonic sphere 07.06.2010 03:52 PM

i think the cup is heading to germany.

Keeping It Simple 07.06.2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere
i think the cup is heading to germany.

"Total Football" has dominated this World Cup.

jon boy 07.06.2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
"Total Football" has dominated this World Cup.

being a cunt has totaly dominated you.

_slavo_ 07.06.2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBebs
Van Bommel is a fucking cunt

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy

my words exactly.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.06.2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
FIFA managed to get the Nigerian government to reverse the decision to ban the Nigerian football team for two years, isn't that a good thing?

From the semi finalists, Germany are my favourite and Netherlands my least favourite.

no, quite the opposite. it is just another example of FIFA putting extra pressure on African teams when leaving alone European and American teams. The French and the Italians and the Brazilians all got bad shit at home, did FIFA put the pressure on them? NO.. but Nigeria is in Africa, so much like what they always do in Africa, FIFA puts the pressure, specifically the threat of banning, to enforce their own, one-sided standards.

Its perfectly fine for American and European nations to practice political corruption and unjust war, but if the Africans even remotely get involved in such, their teams are banned, their countries are banned from holding FIFA matches there, it is pure bullshit.

BTW!

Fuck yeah Netherlands! Great match! Ha! I knew Netherlands scored that third gol for a reason, and it paid off in the end didn't it! Very very exciting..

Someone should tell Uruguay yo momma was always right when she said, "Cheaters never win." Suarez should go join Paul Pierce and the crooked-ass Celtics, he can play center or forward and guard the basket ;)

Keeping It Simple 07.06.2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy

Being an illiterate twat has totally dominated you.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.06.2010 04:50 PM

Upsetters World Cup 2010!!

EVOLghost 07.06.2010 05:13 PM

Yay Holland!!!!!!

Satan 07.06.2010 05:15 PM

NEDERLAND

EVOLghost 07.06.2010 05:30 PM

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-1...at-the-world-c

10 best pic of mick jagger at the world cup

demonrail666 07.06.2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
no, quite the opposite. it is just another example of FIFA putting extra pressure on African teams when leaving alone European and American teams. The French and the Italians and the Brazilians all got bad shit at home, did FIFA put the pressure on them? NO.. but Nigeria is in Africa, so much like what they always do in Africa, FIFA puts the pressure, specifically the threat of banning, to enforce their own, one-sided standards.

Its perfectly fine for American and European nations to practice political corruption and unjust war, but if the Africans even remotely get involved in such, their teams are banned, their countries are banned from holding FIFA matches there, it is pure bullshit.

you're gonna have to be a bit less vague with this, cos as it stands it reads like a load of old bollocks thought up by someone who appears not to have the foggiest idea what they're talking about - and I'm sure that's not the case.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.06.2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
you're gonna have to be a bit less vague with this, cos as it stands it reads like a load of old bollocks thought up by someone who appears not to have the foggiest idea what they're talking about - and I'm sure that's not the case.

The Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan put pressure on the Nigerian team, threatening to prohibit them from international competition, frankly something not quite within his powers. It is in reality no different then Sarkozy's public reactions to France's team's meltdown, Italian politicians talking about bribery, the Brazilian government pressuring their national team to fire folks to keep face for the 2014 Cup. FIFA apparently put pressure on the Nigerian president to back off and so he did, or at least thats how the BBC reported it. The headline even reads "Nigerian President Bows to FIFA Demands"

I didn't read or hear about FIFA putting in pressure on France, or Italy, or Brazil whose government, politicians and populations have been rather poor sports about their respective losses..

Further, FIFA has been banning African countries from World Cup qualifying matches for decades, claiming political corruption or war in the African countries, and yet the European, or the Americas or the United States' teams are not punished for the same atrocities and injustices which occur on a daily basis. It is clear and obvious hypocrisy..

I've already explained how Ethiopia was banned, not only from playing in the qualifying matches, but also from housing several qualifying and exhibition World Cup matches in Addis Ababa as initially scheduled..
FIFA discriminates against Africa time and time again..

!@#$%! 07.06.2010 10:35 PM

but dude, FIFA is an independent organization and so are national federations, they are supposed to be immune from political bullshit, and the idiot had no right to "ban the team"-- that's something that the federation decides on their own. there are countries where people would like to shit on the federation president but they can't meddle because FIFA won't allow it. france was warned too, make no mistake.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.06.2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but dude, FIFA is an independent organization and so are national federations, they are supposed to be immune from political bullshit, and the idiot had no right to "ban the team"-- that's something that the federation decides on their own. there are countries where people would like to shit on the federation president but they can't meddle because FIFA won't allow it. france was warned too, make no mistake.

agreed, and his 'ban' on the team would not have lasted long, because he had not authority or place to do such.. neither did Sarkozy have the right or authority to bring the french star to have an official finger pointing..

FIFA wants no politics to mingle with futbol, fine, but why the double standard? Why do only seem to hold African teams accountable time and time again? Maybe I have a chip on my shoulder, but regardless it doesn't seem to be fair at all..

!@#$%! 07.07.2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
agreed, and his 'ban' on the team would not have lasted long, because he had not authority or place to do such.. neither did Sarkozy have the right or authority to bring the french star to have an official finger pointing..

FIFA wants no politics to mingle with futbol, fine, but why the double standard? Why do only seem to hold African teams accountable time and time again? Maybe I have a chip on my shoulder, but regardless it doesn't seem to be fair at all..

i think nigerians should be grateful that fifa protected their favorite game from the authoritarian caprices of a megalomaniac