Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

tw2113 05.31.2015 11:47 PM

I watched the first 2 seasons of Girls, and I think part of season 3 before just dropping it completely. I agree with !@#$%! regarding all of the characters.

ilduclo 06.01.2015 08:56 AM

I think it's the female version of Entourage. I think it's pretty funny

!@#$%! 06.01.2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
I think it's the female version of Entourage. I think it's pretty funny

season 1 maybe was funny. season 3 was creepy as fuck and an incitement to murder. the shark has been jumped. can't pinpoint the moment but it has.

"frances ha" deals with the same kind of self-involved character and white people problems, but it shows you a person with less repellent qualities that doesn't have to flap her hams on the screen round-the-clock-- so it's actually a joy to watch-- plus, the movie ends instead of going on & on pointlessly.

Rob Instigator 06.01.2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
been watching the 3rd season of GIRLS.

it's pretty awful tv. all the characters are douches, all despicable in their own way. highly aggravating people. if i met them in real life i'd kill them all. preferrably with metal hooks or a machete.

as a work of ethnography however it could be redeeming. i can see the appeal of it as a kind of national geographic show. the white tribes of new york seem to be heading towards extinction-- they remind me of the elois in "the time machine." i have to ask, however, if any of you know if these people are based in real life-- i have no direct experience of that world.

also, the constant sight of lena dunham's asscrack reaching all the way up to her shoulderblades is extremely disturbing. do not eat while watching this.

it is indeed very close to how the entitled generation rolls in their early 20's. Nothing prepared them for actual LIVING

Rob Instigator 06.01.2015 02:41 PM

My wife and I have watched maybe 4 seasons of Trailer Park Boys in the past WEEK. Jesus fuck, I KNOW these people, I was raised with these people, HILARIOUS.

I cannot imagine how it is for the man who plays Mr. Lahey to "act" drunker and drunker every episode.... amazing amazing shit.

two faced egg 06.06.2015 12:15 PM

lots .. sorta .. but Wayward Pines is fucking with Me , it is Horrifying ! like some kind 0f gnostic , "Dark City" story .. disturbing ... TFE (TwentyThreeeee)

Ghostchase 06.06.2015 03:32 PM

Sense8... first episode is quite good. Doona Bae owns my heart.

Keeping It Gimple 06.06.2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
been watching the 3rd season of GIRLS.

it's pretty awful tv. all the characters are douches, all despicable in their own way. highly aggravating people. if i met them in real life i'd kill them all. preferrably with metal hooks or a machete.

as a work of ethnography however it could be redeeming. i can see the appeal of it as a kind of national geographic show. the white tribes of new york seem to be heading towards extinction-- they remind me of the elois in "the time machine." i have to ask, however, if any of you know if these people are based in real life-- i have no direct experience of that world.

also, the constant sight of lena dunham's asscrack reaching all the way up to her shoulderblades is extremely disturbing. do not eat while watching this.

great review one for the ages but we need so much more flabby asscrack on tv irl and even in dreams and hallucinations so i cant go the whole way with you on this

Keeping It Gimple 06.06.2015 03:39 PM

also world wide white genocide now pls

!@#$%! 06.06.2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
great review one for the ages but we need so much more flabby asscrack on tv irl and even in dreams and hallucinations so i cant go the whole way with you on this

i don't know, i live in an epicenter for diabetes, it's the #1 killer in my area IRL, so i have my doubts

Rob Instigator 07.13.2015 01:59 PM

Battlebots. It's been over 12 goddamn years!

Rob Instigator 07.24.2015 04:30 PM

Watching The Fall on the netflix with Mrs. Instigator.

I am glad it is not a straight procedural. It is a pretty good exploration of the different ways a sociopath can go. One is a serial killer, and the other is a law enforcement detective dedicated to catching killers. better than Sense8.

Rob Instigator 07.27.2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Sense8... first episode is quite good. Doona Bae owns my heart.

My wife and I tried to watch this. I got about 4 eps in and no longer cared.

Rob Instigator 07.29.2015 02:35 PM

Finished the latest round of Battlebots. Love Battlebots.

I think the same thing could be done in High Schools around the country just limit the "bots" to a weight of 30 lbs or so, which means they would be constructed out of wood, paper, plastic, etc. instead of having to weld heavy bots together.

!@#$%! 07.29.2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Finished the latest round of Battlebots. Love Battlebots.

I think the same thing could be done in High Schools around the country just limit the "bots" to a weight of 30 lbs or so, which means they would be constructed out of wood, paper, plastic, etc. instead of having to weld heavy bots together.

30lbs is more than enough to pack a .44 magnum! ha ha ha ha

eta: or an m16?

--

just started watching "the americans". good show.

Nefeli 07.31.2015 02:31 AM

from the mediocrite shit of past months... bloodline was the only good and worth 'your' time.

and hannibal.
hannibal..i think it is getting the official 4 in my top4 of all times series.

!@#$%! 08.01.2015 10:55 AM

i've gotten kind of addicted to "the americans"-- currently on season 2

keri russell's luminous face definitely helps, but the show is good regardless

ilduclo 08.01.2015 11:08 AM

Being Human, UK version, I wasn't that enamored of it at first, but it gets a LOT better as they drop the first characters.

the devil and the sticks and ropes guys are pretty fucking great!

gmku 08.06.2015 01:37 PM

LONGMIRE returns in September. Finally! This time around, on Netflix. Thank you, Netflix!

!@#$%! 08.09.2015 03:31 PM

hannibal season 1

damn!