Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Ghostchase 07.01.2010 04:12 PM

amerikangod 07.01.2010 04:41 PM

Russian Roulette.

Keeping It Simple 07.01.2010 05:09 PM

Have any of you played Dirge of Cerberus?

shabbray2.0 07.01.2010 05:39 PM

nope. somethings ringing there...

EVOLghost 07.02.2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Have any of you played Dirge of Cerberus?

FF7 with Vincent? Yeah. I had it. It's fun....but the story(from what I remember) is retarded.

TheFoxBen 07.02.2010 02:20 AM

Probably the best race game EVER.

shabbray2.0 07.02.2010 04:35 AM

this is the best imo!!!!!!!
its so damn rewarding to master those group B rally monsters on a snowy mountain racetrack!!!!
and all the multiplayer challenges are just great. and it looks superb!!!

Rob Instigator 07.02.2010 09:05 AM

It's allright so far. I love the old Tony Hawk games and this one is nice, but they seem to tweak the gameplay for no real reasons other than to make it "new" It is still fun though.

noisereductions 07.02.2010 09:08 AM

I loved Tony Hawk 1-4. But Underground is crap. They turned it into a GTA game. Stupid.

Rob Instigator 07.02.2010 09:15 AM

yep. This one is not quite that. BUt it is fun.

Keeping It Simple 07.04.2010 05:59 AM

Dirge of Cerberus is cleary Square Enix's attempt to make Final Fantasy an arcadey actioner with light RPG elements. Personally I don't like it and won't be playing it again. I'm now playing the brilliant Yakuza which is clearly an X-rated Shenmue.

Genteel Death 07.04.2010 06:04 AM

Quote:

Dirge of Cerberus is cleary Square Enix's attempt to make Final Fantasy an arcadey actioner with light RPG elements. Personally I don't like it and won't be playing it again. I'm now playing the brilliant Yakuza which is clearly an X-rated Shenmue.

Clearly the sort of pseudo-robotic dirge aimed at marxist people with too much cunt in their arse.

Keeping It Simple 07.04.2010 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Clearly the sort of pseudo-robotic dirge aimed at marxist people with too much cunt in their arse.

Commonly referred to as commie benders.

Genteel Death 07.04.2010 06:10 AM

You're surreal. I like you.

demonrail666 07.04.2010 06:54 AM

don't wanna play with her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOI7BTmmk0

shabbray2.0 07.04.2010 03:47 PM

nobody who never played through this game is allowed to use the word "mindfuck" anymore....WTF??? (youtube if you dont believe)

noisereductions 07.04.2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0

nobody who never played through this game is allowed to use the word "mindfuck" anymore....WTF??? (youtube if you dont believe)

that's what I'm playing too. Are you following Together Retro at racketboy.com?

shabbray2.0 07.05.2010 06:11 AM

^^nope not yet, whats it about?
(you got mail)

checked together retro. what a coincidence!!!!
unfortunately I am already at the end :(

noisereductions 07.05.2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
unfortunately I am already at the end :(

HOW??? I haven't sent you yr Game Genie yet!

EVOLghost 07.05.2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

awwww come on....you know it was funn....I replayed it a cou(only to finish the the weapons n stuff.) But hell the story was too stupid too remember.

shabbray2.0 07.05.2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
HOW??? I haven't sent you yr Game Genie yet!

I tend to develop mystic powers when it comes to 16bit games, a lot of people had to suffer from that already :)

no really. my mega drive was running for the whole weekend :)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.05.2010 04:52 PM

Keeping It Simple 07.05.2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

That isn't a bad game. Pity it wasn't as free roaming and heavy on the RPG elements like the brilliant original.

atsonicpark 07.05.2010 04:55 PM

ecco the dolphin is fun and easy. Love the music.

deux ex: invisible war has the worst box art ever!

noisereductions 07.05.2010 05:17 PM

I don't get how Ecco is easy....

atsonicpark 07.05.2010 05:24 PM

Hm. I never had a problem with it.

Then again, I can beat all the Contras (except the 3D ones and the DS one) without dying...

I'd say I'm okay at games. Older ones anyway!

EVOLghost 07.05.2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Then again, I can beat all the Contras (except the 3D ones and the DS one) without dying...

no way

atsonicpark 07.05.2010 05:38 PM

No kidding.

Hard Corps is my shit. I've been playing that for 15 years. Can play through it with all 4 characters and get any ending you want.

It's all just patterns, fairly simple ones. I think I am good at recognizing patterns (all those puzzle games), plus I have quick reflexes. The bosses and enemies never change. "Okay, after he does this, he's going to jump up and spin around. So I move here." I mean, I died AT FIRST, but after much play, it wasn't difficult. Actually, I always found Contra III extremely easy.

atsonicpark 07.05.2010 05:41 PM

When I was.... 10? 11? I won a local Blockbuster NBA Jam Tournament Edition tournament, and then the next year I won a Mortal Kombat 3 tournament. And then of course in recent years I won a Smash Brothers tournament and a Puzzle Fighter tournament.

Just don't get me around first person shooters. I die within 5 seconds on Halo, but I hate that game. Though I've never lost in Goldeneye multiplayer as long as we keep it proximity mines in the facility. I go up the vent and lay a mine and you respawn there and you're FUCKED!

..anyway.

noisereductions 07.05.2010 05:44 PM

Halo's shit.

I destroyed my brother yesterday in Street Fighter II Turbo. He tried every single character, and couldn't touch me with Chun Li. IT WAS HIS SNES!

atsonicpark 07.05.2010 05:45 PM

OH! I almost won a Street Fighter tournament, but a cheapass Dhalsim beat me in the semifinals.

Character of choice: M. BISON.

I used to attend video game tournaments ALL THE TIME. Now that I'm not with an anime geek I don't go out as much. I can't say I miss it. Sweaty ass bloated pimple faced Halo jerkoffs.

noisereductions 07.05.2010 06:01 PM

never been to a vg tournie, surprisingly.

WHY would anyone use Dhalsim? Cheapo stretch-armstrong deal? Pfft. M. Bison is really awesome. Him, Blanka & Vega are all characters I have used consistently in the past. But nowadays I'm all Chun Li. She's fast and KICKS the shit out of shit. It works for my fighting style.

atsonicpark 07.05.2010 06:05 PM

I've read Dhalsim is banned in some tournaments because he's so cheap. He's got an unescapable throw combo if I remember correctly. Haven't been too into that scene in a while but I used to have this INSANE japanese book from a friend which showed all the moves and how they connect to the characters and such.. like, thousands (tens of thousands) of little screenshots with all these angles and shit.. like, "if a person is standing here, do this move because you're standing here but if they jump in back up this little bit to do this one", all these little SCIENTIFIC fucking things, just nuts.

noisereductions 07.05.2010 06:16 PM

oh yeah, I've heard of people actually slow-mo-ing the shit down to frame by frame just to figure out weak links in the chains of each player.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.05.2010 06:21 PM

noisereductions 07.05.2010 06:27 PM

^The Thing is excellent, but you need to commit to it. It's pretty deep with the whole monitoring your crew's trust, etc. But yeah> Great game. Great translation of the mood of the film.

noisereductions 07.05.2010 06:28 PM

noisereductions 07.05.2010 06:29 PM

BTW, the main reason I find Ecco hard is the breathing. If it wasn't for finding air, then I'd be better at it. A game like that begs me to slowly explore (especially with the amazing graphics), but instead I end up frantically trying not to drown.

atsonicpark 07.05.2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

rom or actual copy (since japanese gba games will play in america)?

I played through some of the translated rom, it was a bit hard to get through on my keyboard but I loved it.

noisereductions 07.05.2010 06:41 PM

translated ROM on GBA flash cart. It's literally the ONLY ROM I own right now. As a big GB/GBC/GBA collector, I'm always after real carts -- but a lot of my imports are games that don't rely on text. Unfortunately that can't be said about an RPG.

But yeah -- it's one of the most amazing LOOKING RPG's ever.