Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Politics Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=123593)

Skuj 04.05.2023 08:29 PM

Yes....strategy....it's amazing how scared shitless they all are about upsetting/losing The Base.

And what is The Base? Clinton was right. Fuckit - I'm not a politician.

If you think that Trump is a great guy....then there is something seriously wrong with you.

There. I said it.

!@#$%! 04.05.2023 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
If you think that Trump is a great guy....then there is something seriously wrong with you.

yeah of course. i mean just look at batshit boebert. it's like the jerry springer show lives on.

Skuj 04.05.2023 09:30 PM

Jerry Springer looks like fucking Winston Churchill right about now.

Veep quit because Trump et al were outdoing them.

Jesus Christ. It's sad and alarming how many millions have drunk the koolaid.

What was that asshole's handle here...the Trumpist who got banned for being.....well....too Trumpy. Texas. Fat. Ugly. Well anyway, imagine 150 million of him!!! (At least he liked SNY.)

choc e-Claire 04.06.2023 06:41 AM

Quote:

Yes....strategy....it's amazing how scared shitless they all are about upsetting/losing The Base.

The funniest part about the last election here was that our conservative Prime Minister focused on "the base" as whom he needed to bring out in droves to win the election.

Australia has compulsory voting.

tw2113 04.06.2023 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
frankfort, ky?

I was thinking DC at the time of comment, but probably many need one.

!@#$%! 04.06.2023 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
I was thinking DC at the time of comment, but probably many need one.

i love dc, a great town

it's the red state imports that fuck it up

Skuj 04.06.2023 11:17 AM

I'm just so tired of hearing sympathetic things about the MAGA Base. "Oh, they are simply frustrated and they feel left behind etc etc etc"

If you think that Trump is a great guy, and you support The Big Lie, Jan 6th, Fox News, and everything else that goes with MAGAism, then FUCK YOU.

I wish more Dems were like Newsom. Stop just shrugging your shoulders and saying "Oh those Republicans". FIGHT THEM. Where is the outrage?

That's my biggest problem with Biden. He's just too fucking nice. This IS war. Right here, right now. Wake up!! Because the ship is already sinking.

!@#$%! 04.06.2023 12:16 PM

Quote:

I'm just so tired of hearing sympathetic things about the MAGA Base. "Oh, they are simply frustrated and they feel left behind etc etc etc"

If you think that Trump is a great guy, and you support The Big Lie, Jan 6th, Fox News, and everything else that goes with MAGAism, then FUCK YOU.

I wish more Dems were like Newsom. Stop just shrugging your shoulders and saying "Oh those Republicans". FIGHT THEM. Where is the outrage?

That's my biggest problem with Biden. He's just too fucking nice. This IS war. Right here, right now. Wake up!! Because the ship is already sinking.

i think uncle joe is doing a fine job and keeping things on an even keel

unlike tfg, he's president of all americans not just his "base". he's gotta be inclusive, not alienating, regardless of what the deplorables will do.

i have a great appreciation for what he has accomplished. seriously.

california may be one thing, but there are other 49 states and a few territories.

besides-- between inflation, industrial policy, war in europe, our own left wing, china policy, the budget & debt limit, etc etc,... he's got bigger fish to fry

so... yeah... proposal: denied :D

The Soup Nazi 04.06.2023 05:29 PM

Quote:

it's the red state imports that fuck it up

I lived in Bethesda, MD, and going to DC was awesome.

This was before Newt, though...

Skuj 04.06.2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

i think uncle joe is doing a fine job and keeping things on an even keel

unlike tfg, he's president of all americans not just his "base". he's gotta be inclusive, not alienating, regardless of what the deplorables will do.

i have a great appreciation for what he has accomplished. seriously.

california may be one thing, but there are other 49 states and a few territories.

besides-- between inflation, industrial policy, war in europe, our own left wing, china policy, the budget & debt limit, etc etc,... he's got bigger fish to fry

so... yeah... proposal: denied :D

They are being too fucking nice. Instead of ignoring Greene, they should treat her like a gift from heaven. The gift that keeps on giving!!! Every time she opens her stupid mouth, highlight what the Extreme MAGA Repukes are saying. Play hardball!!!

!@#$%! 04.06.2023 11:42 PM

Quote:

They are being too fucking nice. Instead of ignoring Greene, they should treat her like a gift from heaven. The gift that keeps on giving!!! Every time she opens her stupid mouth, highlight what the Extreme MAGA Repukes are saying. Play hardball!!!

ah, i get what you mean now. i'm sure someone is collecting the footage.

but this is not biden's job. he's supposed to be better than you or me, and actually i think he is. i can't demand that the leader of a great nation stoop to my level. come on.

but yeah somebody out there has to put on the brass knuckles, when the time is right.

Skuj 04.07.2023 12:16 AM

Well, I think the time is right = every fucking day, which is when the Repukes do/say completely outrageous things. Don't collect. DISTRIBUTE!!!

I'm so frustrated by the lack of outrage. Biden himself should stay stately, but get attack dogs!!!

The Soup Nazi 04.07.2023 12:27 AM

Quote:

Well, I think the time is right = every fucking day, which is when the Repukes do/say completely outrageous things. Don't collect. DISTRIBUTE!!!

I'm so frustrated by the lack of outrage. Biden himself should stay stately, but get attack dogs!!!

Skuj 04.07.2023 12:28 AM

I mean, just when you wondered what stupid shit Repukes might do next......

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ll-lost-today/

!@#$%! 04.07.2023 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I lived in Bethesda, MD, and going to DC was awesome.

This was before Newt, though...

bethesda! fancy boy :D

i lived in shaw, there were drunk people in the street and there was the crackhead lady who did her monthly midnight runs pleading for help with a "sick child".

i loved it hahaha

!@#$%! 04.07.2023 10:03 AM

Quote:

but attack who right now?

isn't it better to save the ammo for when there's a clear target?

a liberal judge won in wisconsin this week... and chicago has a new left wing mayor

i think here the pendulum has begun to swing back the other way maybe...

Skuj 04.07.2023 12:10 PM

A clear target? Dude, are you really following the news? There's a clear target every 15min. In 15min from now Repukes are going to do yet another Outrageous Thing.

Skuj 04.07.2023 01:34 PM

Clarence Thomas!!!

(What are Repukes saying about it?)

!@#$%! 04.07.2023 01:36 PM

Quote:

A clear target? Dude, are you really following the news? There's a clear target every 15min. In 15min from now Repukes are going to do yet another Outrageous Thing.

yes but there isn't a single person yet to pin this to

like the tennessee three. who do you associate that disgrace with? trump? desantis? pens?

Skuj 04.07.2023 01:42 PM

The Fucking GOP!!! You know....the fascist/racist/gunlobby party. (How am I doing so far?)