Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New MF Doom ALBUM next f'ing month!!!!!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25296)

noisereductions 10.24.2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom
is that KMD worth checking out?

Oh YES IT IS! Wow. That album is great. Makes MR HOOD sound pale in comparison. BB is like De La, Tribe etc but the beats are grittier jazz. Really some amazing NYC sounding rhythm tracks. Get it! It's so good!

noisereductions 10.27.2008 07:52 AM

Did anyone know this John Robinson album came out???

If you dont know, John Robinson is actually Lil Sci on vox and Doom on beats. They already had 2 mixtapes: LEAK EDITIONs vols 1 & 2.

Toilet & Bowels 10.27.2008 10:30 AM

is it made up of tracks from the leak edition?

noisereductions 10.27.2008 10:55 AM

Yes and no.

o'connor 10.27.2008 06:11 PM

so when was the new release date for born into this? that shit better drop

noisereductions 10.27.2008 07:16 PM

I've heard both tomorrow, and indefinite. So.... probably never. Like KMD's MENTAL ILLNESS, GhostDoom's SWIFT & CHANGABLE, the real MADVILLANY 2, OPERATION DOOMSDAY: THE DAY AFTER, RETURN TO MONSTA ISLAND, the Destro album, the Dangerdoom leftovers, etc...

Toilet & Bowels 10.27.2008 07:49 PM

return to monsta island will probably be crappy anyway because rodan, doom, kamakeris and x-ray have all left, and that only leaves mf grimm and megalon out of the most interesting members of the crew.

noisereductions 10.28.2008 07:08 AM

yeah. But Majesty is good. Megalon is great. I love PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS. Grimm is ok.

I think Kong left, too. I wonder if Biolante is still in? Probably not.

finding nobody 12.09.2008 09:38 PM

What the fuck happened?

noisereductions 12.09.2008 09:50 PM

I still haven't been able to figure it out. Either (a) it got delayed for some reason that Lex has not divulged, or (b) the whole album was a fake.

RdTv 12.09.2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
(b) the whole album was a fake.

This is probably the most feasable of explanations. Much like the ''Ghostface/MF Doom'' album, this record was probably one of the biggest rumors in hip hop. Granted most rumors start from something,albeit a small perhaps insignifcant source, its no surprise when something like this doesn't drop. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and the post-production got held up or the distro couldn't secure enough markets or some fambly-gook of that sort. Its just that, well, for an ''underground'' mc Doom has sold plenty of records to warrant another and whenver I hear rumors of an album, I usually think I'll believe it when I see it.

Toilet & Bowels 12.10.2008 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdTv
This is probably the most feasable of explanations. Much like the ''Ghostface/MF Doom'' album, this record was probably one of the biggest rumors in hip hop. Granted most rumors start from something,albeit a small perhaps insignifcant source, its no surprise when something like this doesn't drop. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and the post-production got held up or the distro couldn't secure enough markets or some fambly-gook of that sort. Its just that, well, for an ''underground'' mc Doom has sold plenty of records to warrant another and whenver I hear rumors of an album, I usually think I'll believe it when I see it.

that ghostface/doom record seemed certain to come out, it had a label and a track got released as an mp3

noisereductions 12.10.2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdTv

The Ghost/Doom album isn't a rumor. I've read interviews with both of them where they openly discuss the project. However, if and when it ever comes out (most likely after some sort of leak forces it to), we're going to be super disappointed because of the anticipation (Chinese Democracy style) and because we'll probably have already heard most of the beats elsewhere (John Robinson Project, Special Herbs series and so on).

Toilet & Bowels 12.10.2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

The Ghost/Doom album isn't a rumor. I've read interviews with both of them where they openly discuss the project. However, if and when it ever comes out (most likely after some sort of leak forces it to), we're going to be super disappointed because of the anticipation (Chinese Democracy style) and because we'll probably have already heard most of the beats elsewhere (John Robinson Project, Special Herbs series and so on).

i don't understand how you can even think of comparing ghostface and doom to guns n roses

noisereductions 12.10.2008 10:53 AM

twas a topical joke, calm down.

themawt71 12.10.2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
that ghostface/doom record seemed certain to come out, it had a label and a track got released as an mp3

yeah i got three tracks off of limewire and they seem legit. doom beats ive not heard before with new ghost rhymes. its real good!

noisereductions 12.10.2008 11:35 AM

What are the tracks? I may be able to shed further light.

themawt71 12.10.2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

What are the tracks? I may be able to shed further light.

helpless fool-listening now and its questionable. its the camay beat from iron man with doom on top

cobra clutch

angeles

?

noisereductions 12.10.2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themawt71
helpless fool-listening now and its questionable. its the camay beat from iron man with doom on top

cobra clutch

angeles

?

"Cobra Clutch" is also a fake. I believe both of those came from the fan-made mashup called OPERATION: IRONMAN.

"Angeles" is real. It's the only officially released Ghost/Doom track... released on a Nature Sounds Recs comp.

There was also a promo out there that had a snippet of "Charlie Brown", so technically that's 2 officially released tracks... and yes "Charlie Brown" did appear in full on Ghost's WALLABY CHAMP album, but it was in remixed form without Doom's beat.

themawt71 12.10.2008 11:50 AM

good to know. thanks